Page 347 of 385 FirstFirst ... 247 297 337 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 357 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 7690

Thread: Recommendations for anime.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Black Butler is definitely shit.
    Blue Exorcist 2. There was no point for the kid to join the school as he never learned anything even from the "teacher" and it just felt way too rushed/waste of time. Seriously don't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowneyeWinkin View Post
    KLK21 spoilers
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Blue Exorcist 2. There was no point for the kid to join the school as he never learned anything even from the "teacher" and it just felt way too rushed/waste of time. Seriously don't watch it.
    Yeah, there are some animes that no matter what you say, an adult has no business watching that shit.

I thought 21 was better than 20.

New Space Dandy was pretty good. Meow's dad is one pitiable motherfucker. Episode def. tugged on the heartstrings a bit.

Spent the entirety of Saturday stuck in a car with a couple of weebs. It was so hard to not throw myself out. They just kept going on and on and fucking on about OTPs, fanfiction, tumblr, yaoi, what they're going to cosplay as, how Marco's the best AoT character, and how the show is literally the greatest thing ever. I mean I like AoT, but shit. All this while one of them was dressed as the fucking TARDIS. I just can't...

I'm taking a break from anime. I think I'll keep up with weekly Magi, but apart from that, I'm done for now.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    What the hell did you do to get in that situation, Brightside?

How did he not crash the car... Or cause it to crash?

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Yeah. You didn't just fall into that car ride.

Story time, I guess.

My friend got me a ticket to a film and comic con over the weekend for my birthday. It looked pretty cool--a few old Doctors from Dr Who, Carl Weathers, Frank Bruno. I was quite looking forward to seeing them. Wasn't bothered about a photo or anything, but I was hoping they'd do panels or something. So sometime in the middle of last week I get a text saying that a friend of my friend and her cousin's going. Now, I haven't met his friend before but I've mostly heard good things about her (though recently he's been talking to me about how bitchy she's getting).

Anyway, the day rolls around and I get in the car to drive to the venue. His friend's in the front seat--dressed as the fucking TARDIS of all things--and I'm in the back with her 14 year old cousin (I THINK she had the chu2 or k-on uniform on--I have no idea). Already this day's taken a nosedive. I really cannot stand most cosplayers, but I decide to give them the benefit of the doubt. It takes about 30 mins to drive to the venue and by then my nerves are pretty thin. TARDIS girl has pretty much just talked about AoT and Naruto fanfic for the entire fucking time. And I'm pretty convinced that she really doesn't like me at all at this point as I jokingly told her that Marco's straight shit (which he is). I think she was genuinely offended by that. So there's already tension from a ridiculous fucking reason.

We eventually arrive and get in line. Now, I absolutely detest cons mainly because of the people that attend them. it's always guaranteed to be an absolute cringe-fest. There was some cool cosplay, but most of it was absolute shit. The queue moves at a snail's pace and I have to be subjected to not only more of their fucking weeb shit, but the awful conversation behind me. A bunch of neckbeards that are just woefully out of touch with videogames are standing behind us. One of the highlights: there's some guy cosplaying as the TF2 Scout and they just can't for the life of them remember where it's from. They're like, 'man, it was from the Orange Box I think.' And then one of them finally gets it and they congratulate him on his obscure knowledge. Absolute torture listening to weebs to the left of me, neckbeards to the right.

2 hours pass. 2 fucking hours waiting in line, and we finally get inside. We make a beeline to the timetables to find that none of the guests we wanted to see are actually THERE, let alone doing panels. While waiting in line, we've missed everybody of note. Fucking fantastic. So we wander around the shitty overpriced stalls for 40 mins and then call it quits.

But oh no, it's not over yet. We have to drop the two fucking weebs off at their house which is a 40 minute drive away. The conversation is 1000x worse this time, as it isn't just stupid fucking weeb shit on the menu, oh fucking no, we should have to talk about sex education with the 14 year old. Now, for me, this is wildly inappropriate and uncomfortable. Especially the fucking bit where she was telling her 'to never let a boy cum in your mouth.' I mean FUCK. Why the fuck did she have to broach this in the car with me--someone they'd both only met today? I just don't get why she was so desperate to show off.

So we drop them off and are heading home when the biggest downer of the day comes along: my best friend of 16 years tells me that he's clinically depressed. That was a fun conversation. And a very surreal one, with the Persona 3 soundtrack playing in the background.

That was my Saturday.

Wow. You hate cons for all the same reasons I do. You have my deepest sympathies.

Especially about the sex ed part. That's just fucking creepy.

Like any sane person.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Fuck, man. Just, fuck. I'm so sorry to hear that things got that bad. I know you said before that you were really looking forward to that. Geez.

Good thing I saw this. I was about to give you the lowdown on the S+W light novels in a PM (I was literally just getting ready for it), but after reading that, I don't think now's the time.

Nah, man, send away. I'm still interested in picking some up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    weebs to the left of me, neckbeards to the right.
    Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    That sounds like an absolutely shitty Saturday, Bright. My sympathies.

Wow, you kinda come off as a huge dick in that story Bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Wow, you kinda come off as a huge dick in that story Bright.

Spoiler!

I can understand the frustration especially missing the people you wanted thing, but you did choose to go even knowing you don't like cons beforehand, you should've just made an excuse if you didn't want to go. Also seems silly to get mad at people going to a con because they're nerdy or whatever... well duh. And you really were bothered because some 14 year old kid likes typical 14 year old kid shit? Again seems silly. Not trying to be an ass or whatever Id be bummed too if I missed the thing I went for or if my best friend was depressed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you

Anyway nothing new to report on the anime front, but I did see a TBFP video where they got some $500 Gurenn Lagan collectors box sex or something and I was pretty jelly

Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    I did see a TBFP video where they got some $500 Gurenn Lagan collectors box sex or something and I was pretty jelly
    $500? Wasn't high-tier caliber, I'm sure.