Page 380 of 384 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 7664

Thread: Recommendations for anime.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by AboveUp View Post
    And yeah, originally there was a deal with Marvel for two Super Sentai shows. Spider-Man and Captain America. I think at some point during the producting of Captain America, Marvel wanted out or something like that. So everything they made and wrote for it later evolved into the show it ended up becoming. Captain America's basically the prototype for the Power Rangers, just like Spider-Man was for the genre.
    Wow. That just adds a whole new layer to this joke:

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    Manic Monday next plz
    I wish it was Sunday.

I, for one, loved Evangelion's Fry me to the Moon.

It's not a cover, Sushi, they're using the actual track. They did the same with Yes - Roundabout for the first two parts of JoJo.

Just finished watching this week's JoJo and Hunter x Hunter.

So at this point I'm watching two shows where characters are posing and fighting with Stands.

I remember that very differently, but youtube says you're right.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    It's not a cover, Sushi, they're using the actual track. They did the same with Yes - Roundabout for the first two parts of JoJo.
    As a man who grew up listening to his dad's Yes albums, I was glad to see many weeaboo lives changed permanently by the cool factor boost of adding their 2nd most popular song to the end credits.

Their most popular, of course, is Owner Of A Lonely Heart, but the best one is a tossup between Yours Is No Disgrace, Siberian Khatru and Tempus Fugit​.

Spoiler!

Also Ping Pong The Animation is surprisingly engrossing.

Watched the first episode ironically to see why this even exists, but I'm drawn in now. Especially appreciate the more natural way the characters are talking instead of the typical anime-speak from most shows.

How do you watch something ironically? Do your eyes have to be in a state of constant rolling or something? I need to know, for reasons

You never watched a shitty thing to get a good laugh out of how fucking awful it is and then appreciate it that way, like The Room, Birdemic, or Bleach?

Yeah all the time, I just wouldn't use that phrase to describe it :P

It's an ironic appreciation of something awful.

Most people would call it a guilty pleasure, but there's no guilt involved for me so I don't feel that's a good way to describe the experience.

Whatever you say crazy man. Brb just need to IRONICALLY PEE!

I like bad stuff in a so bad it's good kinda way so often sometimes i wonder if it really is "ironic". Dem Resident Evil films

Depends on whether or not you genuinely appreciate it or not. I genuinely like a lot of movies generally classified as bad and I have no problems owning up to that.

On absolutely no level do I genuinely appreciate The Room, but I can still make my own fun with it. Especially when watching it with friends.

Yeah I suppose it varies though that gets into the whole question of whether something is really "bad" to you if you genuinely enjoyed it, despite what others may think. Which something I don't care to get into

Oh I don't think I mentioned it here yet but I lied earlier, I did end up picking up one more anime for the season. Mekakucity actors. So far loving the visual style and the story looks like it could go places, sticking with it for now

Roundup time

Magic High school ep 3 is kinda confusing, and hasn't really gone anywhere yet. But I'm kinda enjoying having a OP MC with deadpan humor, reminds me a bit of Yu from the Persona 4 animation. There was a especially confusing bit in the middle, hope it gets explained later on. The broxsis thing is still going strong which will surely turn a lot of people off the series, but overall the fan service is fairly light. That aside it's still very pretty to look at and the OST is good

Mekakucity actors got even weirder than before. Aside from the crazy shaft visuals which I'm loving the OST is especially good. I like the characters and the trippy weird way they show some scenes, but I do have to say the pacing is really slow. But from the preview that might change for next episode

I'll give my roundup on the rest tomorrow

Just finished watching this week's JoJo and Hunter x Hunter.

So at this point I'm watching two shows where characters are posing and fighting with Stands.

Srsly considering ditching Hisoka for dat Chairman.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    It's occurred to me that we've still got Polnareff, Iggi, Petshop, Midler, Hol Horse, Mahrana, Vanilla Ice...all these characters are from Stardust Crusaders, and we're just scratching the surface. This season of JoJo is going to be the shit.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    Roundup time

Magic High school ep 3 is kinda confusing, and hasn't really gone anywhere yet. But I'm kinda enjoying having a OP MC with deadpan humor, reminds me a bit of Yu from the Persona 4 animation. There was a especially confusing bit in the middle, hope it gets explained later on. The broxsis thing is still going strong which will surely turn a lot of people off the series, but overall the fan service is fairly light. That aside it's still very pretty to look at and the OST is good

Mekakucity actors got even weirder than before. Aside from the crazy shaft visuals which I'm loving the OST is especially good. I like the characters and the trippy weird way they show some scenes, but I do have to say the pacing is really slow. But from the preview that might change for next episode

I'll give my roundup on the rest tomorrow
    Shit, I'd appreciate that.

Ah thank ye, I'm glad someones interested. It's hard to go into too much story detail without spoiling things so I'll probably end up repeating myself a lot and giving vague details, but hopefully by the end of the various series running I can give good recommendations. So far One Week Friends is far and away the standout title of the bunch that I think a lot of people here would end up liking, though it's too soon to say for sure

I also uh... "ironically" watched dragonar academies first two episodes. Oh boy, stay away from this one unless you like ecchis and lolis

[Level 6: Robot]
    Has anyone started No Game No Life yet? Seems like it could go either way. Wasn't sure if I should waste my time.