Quantcast
Animetoid - Firion's Waifu Simulator - Page 473
Destructoid   |   Tomopop   |   Japanator   |   Flixist   |   !
Page 473 of 662 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,460 of 13239
    New Watanabe show? Dang.

With the extra popularity Psycho-Pass has, I'm guessing it was getting a prime time rerun to get a larger audience behind it. Which is normal, happens to a lot of shows. Death Note only became huge in Japan months after it originally aired because they reran the show in prime time instead of some late as fuck time slot only otaku watch. They normally already fix animation errors for DVDs and such, but I'm guessing that just cleaning up errors didn't feel like an improvement enough for the people who made it. Otherwise they wouldn't recut the entire thing in 11 episodes. So they're doing a shorter cut of Psycho-Pass with fixed animations instead of a full-blown rerun. Who cares?

Same with Madoka being recut into two movies. Which coincidentally, is by the same writer and has a lot of animation goofs in the original release as well. It's normal, it happens. The guy making these things is a perfectionist.

Oh man going just by the first episode Tokyo ESP is fucking awesome. I hadn't heard much about it but consider giving it a go, trust me the synopsis is misleading. Love the OST already

I've just started watching Psychopass (I'm 2 episodes in). Should I just stop and seek out the remastered version or should I keep going?

Depends if you want to watch it weekly or not.

Also, I think the recut Psycho Pass will be the same length. The first episode is nearly 50 minutes long.

It's because you left 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' checked.

Were you linking or uploading?

Just finished watching the first episode of Wanatabe's new show, Terror in Resonance. I'm not exaggerating when I say this might be my favourite thing he's done. Such a great thriller. The slow drip of episodes is going to be excruciating. This is by far the best thing this season.

Linked images resize to the width of the post automatically. Just link images.

Quote Originally Posted by vxxyman View Post
    I've just started watching Psychopass (I'm 2 episodes in). Should I just stop and seek out the remastered version or should I keep going?
    PP is worth watching, period.

Yeah, it's been good so far. I watched the recut version and it's not that different from the originals save for slightly better animation. They also replaced the ending of Episode 1 with new footage to better tie things together. I'll just wait for new episodes each week so that I don't feel the need to bingewatch, which will let me catch on other stuff .
    Last edited by vxxyman; 07-12-2014 at 09:08 AM.

It's a cash in, animes sell for way more in Japan so it's not a surprise that they're just touching up the anime, adding in a bunch of garbage deleted scenes and selling it twice. No gracias.

I don't know why it took me so long, but Ping Pong is pretty great so far. Animation in particular has a quality that I rarely see in anime at all, at least before Studio 4C sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    Oh man going just by the first episode Tokyo ESP is fucking awesome. I hadn't heard much about it but consider giving it a go, trust me the synopsis is misleading. Love the OST already
    Holy shit... that opening scene threw me for a fucking loop n a half! I had no idea this was in the same universe as Ga Rei Zero so all those cameos had me questioning my sanity for a second. Legitimately bummed that the rest of the episode wasn't a very merry Christmas special starring Yomi & Kagura

If you liked TESP then you should definitely check out GRZ. Starts off with some similar shit but with more giant fire lizzards, ghost zombies, and motorcycle kung-fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    A chair or at least one futon would be better suited for fucking. Who just wants to stand up every time? 0/10

Marathoned all the way to episode 10 last night.
    Haven't you seen Contact? Adding the chair makes the sphere all shaky.

Yeah I'll look into it

Finished Ping Pong The Mangamation. Fantastic show, great story and character development. All done in 11 episodes which is amazing. That ending was perfect.

The OP of Aldnoah Zero sounds so much like Madoka's ED. Episode 2 was much better than the first. This is going to be really good.

Saw the first episode of Terror in Resonance. Was pretty damn good, and for my money, felt a lot more like a Watanabe show than Dandy ever strived for.

Quote Originally Posted by King Süshi View Post
    Haven't you seen Contact? Adding the chair makes the sphere all shaky.
    Have you read Contact? Sphere originally had four chairs because Jodie Foster's character shares it with three other representatives of the world. Contact had chairs and because it had chairs, Contact was not only a better book/movie, but the ship had the ability to travel through worm holes instead of just some shitty sea.

Quote Originally Posted by King Zelos View Post
    Finished Ping Pong The Mangamation. Fantastic show, great story and character development. All done in 11 episodes which is amazing. That ending was perfect.
    Yeah it was. Song that plays before the flash forward was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Saw the first episode of Terror in Resonance. Was pretty damn good, and for my money, felt a lot more like a Watanabe show than Dandy ever strived for.
    That's the main draw for me. Dandy, while interesting and fresh, doesn't feel very Watanabe aside from the "three people adrift in fate" motif.

Terror in Resonance feels like it's going to be a lot better than Dandy. Dandy is so hit and miss--sadly mostly the latter for me.