Page 154 of 590 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 11795

Thread: Animetoid - Firion's Waifu Simulator

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    So the next Dragonballball Z film...

Goku fights a rabbit...

Wow, that's still going?!

It's always been going I think. I've missed out on one or two ova's/movies, like the second Bardock film
    Spoiler!

Yeah, I thought the series would have made more sense and been more enjoyable as a series of OVAs, the way they seemed to drag everything out to fit into half hour programs was terrible. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised they're still making them.

I think they're meaning to bring out another series.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    don't know if anyones recommended it yet but Deathman Wonderland is a fantastic very gory and cool. Also if anyones not seen Black Lagoon watch it now it's amazing.

Yeah, Black Lagoon's awesome, well worth checking out.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Been wanting to watch Black Lagoon for a while.

I saw a preview for a DBZ -- either series or movie -- in which some kid is playing a DBZ arcade game and gets sucked into a DBZ world. Conversely, I saw another trailer for a heavily animated (almost 3D/2D blend) that just featured some landscapes and Goku. So much stuff going on still. Unfortunately.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    I have the first series of Black Lagoon, and I enjoyed it, but not enough to buy into the second series. Still, if you're looking for a Cowboby Bebop/Samurai Champloo/Outlaw Star substitute, it's defo worth checking out.

I'll probably get heat for this, but even though Remi is the star of the show, I found her pretty insufferable.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    So the next Dragonballball Z film...

Goku fights a rabbit...
    This is actually canon to the story, it will be placed during the time that Bubu saga ended and before that whole 10 years later episode/chapter
    It's being done by Akira Toriyama himself so yeah, it could be good?

Also go see JoJo if you like ridiculous fights and fun dialogue, it's definitely worth checking. The series is huge and old, so in this anime they started from the very beginning and are going through the story really fast.
    It's one of the few animes that I watch, and my current favorite to watch
    Last edited by lizzardpt; 01-04-2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: jojo

They really ham in the timeline for these films in the Dragonball series. We're suppose to believe that every villain is more powerful than the last. The next thing we ever saw after the Buu saga ended was Goku leaving and then GT happening. So apparently in between that he fought this unstoppable cat/bunny thing and Vegeta met his long lost brother Coffee Table, at a party.

This table?

Kinda reminds me of the Cowboy Bebop movie. If you watch it all in order, then Spike has a personal epiphany, only for him to seemingly forget and have it again when the finale rolls around; which is why he spurs himself into action, anyway.

I'm not a fan of the movie, in general, but putting it in with the series just lessens the impact. Vicious is justifably a formidable opponent, a match/equal with history for Spike, but he doesn't seem so threatening after Vincent. And when the end happens, Spike doesn't figure out his destiny, he's just told what to think by some terrorist he's met twice. Eh.

Yeah, I pretty much entirely disassociate the movie and series. Movie has some stunning animation, though. Then again, series still does, too.

Also didn't realize it finally got a blu ray release in Japan. Not going to be importing because it doesn't have the English VA, but hopes it can still make it out here. Then again, I talked to a person who's imported it and watched it and she told me it looks pretty bad (poor transfer). All the sads.

Also mentioned in Cinema thread but finally watched Makoto Shinkai's Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below. It's pretty good and absolutely stunning.

I can see that, but still it's nice to have the movie of Cowboy Beebop
    Last edited by lizzardpt; 01-04-2013 at 03:35 PM. Reason: gah

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    Yeah, I pretty much entirely disassociate the movie and series. Movie has some stunning animation, though. Then again, series still does, too.

Also didn't realize it finally got a blu ray release in Japan. Not going to be importing because it doesn't have the English VA, but hopes it can still make it out here. Then again, I talked to a person who's imported it and watched it and she told me it looks pretty bad (poor transfer). All the sads.
    Yeah, it's still fresh after all these years. As for the movie, defo worth it for the action scenes.

When I went to Japan, many years ago, I found this 200 limited definitive edition boxset. God, I so wanted it since I was obsessed at that point! I even had the PS2 game in my hands, which I've always wanted to play, but it was all in Japanese and thought it would be a waste of money. I did pick up a really awesome art book for the show - concept stuff, promo material, unused drawings, etc. - might post pics some day. It's great.

I'm happy with my Chinese version, though. It had more extras than the UK release, original Japanese and English VO, and a better packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardKing View Post
    I can see that, but still it's nice to have the movie of Cowboy Beebop
    I was so excited for the movie. They released in the cinema over here, but in the end, I wish they went with a different plot. They went for someting serious and slow like Patlabor 2 and it didn't fit the series' tone. I'm glad it happened, but they really sould have made a big budget adventure like the two parter episode Jupiter Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    I was so excited for the movie. They released in the cinema over here, but in the end, I wish they went with a different plot. They went for someting serious and slow like Patlabor 2 and it didn't fit the series' tone. I'm glad it happened, but they really sould have made a big budget adventure like the two parter episode Jupiter Jazz.
    Oh boy that would've been great. Great now I want to watch Cowboy Beebop again

I'm finishing up Galaxy Railways today. :P

What that be about then, stranger...?