Page 153 of 381 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 7607

Thread: Recommendations for anime.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Mech anime I care about.

G Gundam and Gundam Wing (still only Gundam I've seen)
    Gurren Lagann (yisssssssssssssss)
    Big O (yisssssssssssssssss)

...Think that's it?

This Patlabor thing looks wonderful. Will have to find a way to watch some time.

I started watching the Outlaw Star box I picked up ages ago but haven't had time to keep up with it. Also saw that Wolf's Rain was on one of the streaming things and I want to finally watch that in its entirety. But I think it's on Hulu Plus which I cancelled after my second free trial because it's garbage so I should just buy the DVD collection TO ADD ANOTHER THING TO MY SHELF OF THINGS I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR.

Wolf's Rain is good, the last two episodes (the OVA ones) are absolutely miserable though, very depressing.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    This Patlabor thing looks wonderful. Will have to find a way to watch some time.
    You should. The mechs aren't really the stars, it's really about the cops involved. They don't even see their job as anything special, either, despite the fact they run around Tokyo in giant robots. Most of the time, they're caught up in red tape and public perception. It's a neat idea - to take something we find special, and turn it into something mundane - and just focus on a bunch of characters from all walks of life, dumped in the middle of nowhere, and waiting for the call.

The movies were a darker take on the series. You owe it to yourself watch at least the first movie. It's a perfect introduction to new fans, and the last 30 minutes haven't been topped in terms of mech action.

The series is the only mecha comedy I can actually enjoy. I love Tomino, but Gundam ZZ blew ass. You can't ask me to take something seriously and then pelt established characters with oranges.

I recommend you to start watching my little monster is pretty enterteining, hmmm also Sword art online its pretty good(not better than the light novels but it makes it enough justice)

[Level 5: Mech]
    The New Jojo anime is amazing. Also, Kids on the Slope.

I finished Gundam AGE a few days ago. It has quite a number of glaring problems, chiefly that the story is rushed at times. I give it props for trying something different and ambitious by telling a 100-year-long story over the course of 49 episodes, but the limited time they had was not spent wisely. Deaths of major characters, some having been around for over 2/3rds of the story, are ran through in less than a minute on a few occasions. The most notable examples:

Spoiler!

If you're a character that has only a partial bearing to the story, or are one of the few chosen women to pop out the next child of the Asuno clan, good luck getting any development whatsoever. Even with all that said, the show had a lot of untapped potential and was certainly better than Wing, Seed, and 00 (though they're all pretty low bars). When put into the whole spectrum of Gundam though, it's slightly below average.

At least I'm caught up on my Gundam bullshit again. I also started watching Macross for the first time, which was a bad decision because I already love it after three episodes. Like I didn't have enough merchandise to buy with Gundam.

Just found these shits on Youtube. Having a nostalgia seizure right now.

[Level 8: Skynet]

There's a new Jojo anime? Are they doing it for realsies this time and starting from the beginning?

Started watching Gundam Unicorn this week, really enjoying it - I'm only 2 episodes in but the art's really nice and there's a good mix between action and story. Really like the Universal Century setting aswell.

Anybody got any opinions on Baccano?

Baccano! is really good, watch it in English for sure.

I (finally) finished rewatching Outlaw Star last night. Doesn't quite hold up, but still fun enough, though a bit manic. Last two episodes are pretty solid, too.

I enjoyed Outlaw Star, got tricked by a japanese episode or two though, now THOSE are golden. GENE STARWINDO!!!! < the best

I would highly recommend Ga Rei Zero, if only because I love how it starts out. Talk about a fuck you to the would-be heroes.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post

Anybody got any opinions on Baccano?
    Tash really likes it and I keep meaning to watch it on her command.

It's good so far, pretty different to anything I've watched before. Bit hard to follow so far (I'm only a few episodes in) but I really like the mix of characters.

Also, Gundam Unicorn was awesome, apparently there's two more episodes coming next year sometime(?) but the five I've seen I really enjoyed. I really enjoyed the back and forth between the federation and Zeon forces, the politics but also the way neither side was really depicted very positively. Also, really nice to see all the old-school mobile suits prettied up and in a modern anime.

Yeah, Baccano's awesome as you start to piece things together. Literally no idea what's happening in the first episode or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    Also, Gundam Unicorn was awesome, apparently there's two more episodes coming next year sometime(?) but the five I've seen I really enjoyed. I really enjoyed the back and forth between the federation and Zeon forces, the politics but also the way neither side was really depicted very positively. Also, really nice to see all the old-school mobile suits prettied up and in a modern anime.
    Unicorn is probably the highest quality anime that Bandai has put out since Turn-A in '99. It was only scheduled for 6 1-hour episodes originally, but it's so damn popular that they decided to add on a 7th. The first few episodes have some ugly battle animations, I think--the Unicorn will maneuver through space like it's trying to win the battle by planking--but the animations got less stiff in the later episodes.

Is Steins gate or whatever worth watching?

So I did watch that new Jojo anime and it is amazingly well made and moves at a really brisk pace.

Doesn't change the fact that the original story with vampires who can freeze your body and shoot liquid lasers out of their eyes, along with martial artists who use RIPPLE ENERGY is.... still, yeah, really fucking stupid.

Still fun enough to watch, though.

What's Jojo about? Art style kinda looks interesting (from gis.)

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Unicorn is probably the highest quality anime that Bandai has put out since Turn-A in '99. It was only scheduled for 6 1-hour episodes originally, but it's so damn popular that they decided to add on a 7th. The first few episodes have some ugly battle animations, I think--the Unicorn will maneuver through space like it's trying to win the battle by planking--but the animations got less stiff in the later episodes.
    I like it, I don't tend to notice the animation too much unless it's horrific but I'm generally impressed by the effort that's been put into both the appearance and the depth of the story.

Jojo is an interesting show that's all over the place because it follows a large timeline and several generations of a family. It starts off in England and has a vague feeling of being Fist of the North Star, but with fighting vampires. The main character looks like Ken from FotNS and it uses a ridiculous form of martial arts, and really it's not that incredible. It IS interesting in how odd it is, but nothing terribly special.

The second generation retains the martial arts stuff but is now about Nazis and saving the world from a race of super-beings. It's better for the most part.

The third generation is the one everybody knows about. It was the subject of the original anime and it's where all the internet memes and also the video game are based from. The third generation almost completely ditches everything from the other ones as it's now more of a psychic battle thing where everyone has a 'Stand' which is like a psychic avatar that has some abstract power like stopping time or turning people into magnets.

It doesn't exactly always make sense, but it's a lot more interesting than where the series starts and Jojo has pretty much been all about psychic battles using Stands ever since.