Page 612 of 612 FirstFirst ... 112 512 562 602 608 609 610 611 612
Results 12,221 to 12,232 of 12232

Thread: Animetoid - Firion's Waifu Simulator

Lolipuss
    I haven't seen any idol anime, but I'd be willing to give it a chance. If nothing else it looks cute.

And sure but all the "trash" animus aren't stopping someone from making something different or "artsy" if they really want, any more than Call of Duty is stopping people from making different games or Transformers is stopping someone from making movies. If that kind of thing doesn't do well it simply means it wasn't what enough people wanted. Yeah there's stuff like SAO or Attack on Titan but there's also stuff like Stein's Gate or Evangelion, Mushishi, Ping Pong, Phsycho Pass. There's at least a couple shows every season that do something "different" that do at least decently well and considering you're working from a pool of only 30-40 that's pretty damn good.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Steam ID
    Luna Sy
    PSN
    LCAS
    And by "it", I bet you mean this one:

Hey, they have genders too. Stop that, objectification.

Lolipuss
    Now That's What I Call Avatar Material, Volume 23

I need to watch more animus sometime soon, haven't been in the mood for the past week or two, other than rewatching Yuru Yuri with a friend. Group watching ftw.

edit:which reminds me I haven't installed GIMP yet on this computer. Maybe now it won't lag with big pictures.

Also Luna knows me so well <3 I don't know you well enough to place though

[Level 6: Robot]
    Steam ID
    StriderHoang
    Nintendo ID
    Striderhoang
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    StriderHoang
    Maybe the industry isn't as bad as I think it is. I'm just saying we don't need a return to examples like Musashi Gundoh.

ganki.jpg

Also holy shit, I just realized someone brought up Assassination Classroom earlier or at least I think they did when they said Assassination thing. Speaking of weird/creative ideas. There's something intriguing about an alien that can destroy us all but instead teaches the worse students in school.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]

Steam ID
    wryguy87
    Quote Originally Posted by StriderHoang View Post
    The context is all in Jim's spoilers tag. For every gem, there's a massive, ankle deep flow of shit that caters to a very inbred demographic. Companies want to cater to their sure-thing milk cows at the cost of trying to explore something different and generating genuine interest. This thread has gone already gone over how there's so much loli/generic mecha/pretty girl idol/fanservice ecchi to wade through before we find something even mildly worth discussing.

Sometimes this thread is a microcosm for the industry. The context on Miyazaki's quote is important. I like No Game, No Life, but my friend couldn't get past the implied incest and pantyshots. That really put my view into perspective.

Also, I saw a few episode of Shirobako. I couldn't shake this feeling that it was either gonna go nowhere or get someplace really​ slow.
    I mean, there's something deeper to No Game No Life than just the fan service. You can really feel the shameless pandering to the tastes of gamers, portraying the hardcore recluse archetype as having the utmost capacity for brilliant world shattering strategy. There's something similar in Log Horizon, but it's done far more tastefully. There's also Sword Art Online, which goes full retard and makes the character just impossibly perfect in every way.

Not really often a character in anime can "just" be a gamer but not be stupid hardcore about it. I mean, the only example that comes to my mind is Onizuka wherein his gaming just makes him a more relateable character as opposed to the nerd god.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Steam ID
    Luna Sy
    PSN
    LCAS
    Tropes vs gamers in anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    Also Luna knows me so well <3 I don't know you well enough to place though
    Shouldn't be too hard. You just have 9 to choose from.

It's probably a bad thing, but I think it's quite interesting how, from this group, you can probably create almost every anime girl ever by mixing and matching their appearance/personality traits.

Lolipuss
    You said before too, damn. I dun know though. YOU NEED TO BE MORE PREDICTABLE.

Slamster
    Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    tsg_marche100
    XBL
    [none]
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    And sure but all the "trash" animus aren't stopping someone from making something different or "artsy" if they really want, any more than Call of Duty is stopping people from making different games or Transformers is stopping someone from making movies. If that kind of thing doesn't do well it simply means it wasn't what enough people wanted. Yeah there's stuff like SAO or Attack on Titan but there's also stuff like Stein's Gate or Evangelion, Mushishi, Ping Pong, Phsycho Pass. There's at least a couple shows every season that do something "different" that do at least decently well and considering you're working from a pool of only 30-40 that's pretty damn good.
    Well, like I said, I don't think he's necessarily 100% right. But I understand his sentiments (at least, I believe I do to some degree), and I totally respect his opinion.

Although I was looking into it (Miyazaki's thoughts on otaku/the industry) earlier and I'm quite disgusted at how many people have totally shrugged off his thoughts on the anime industry just because he's "old and grumpy".

Quote Originally Posted by StriderHoang View Post
    Also holy shit, I just realized someone brought up Assassination Classroom earlier or at least I think they did when they said Assassination thing. Speaking of weird/creative ideas. There's something intriguing about an alien that can destroy us all but instead teaches the worse students in school.
    I did. I love what I watched so far. I love it a lot.

9. 01-27-2015, 03:30 PM
    Reason
    Goddammit forum, it's been TWO MINUTES

Shirobako is great. I hate you guys.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Steam ID
    StriderHoang
    Nintendo ID
    Striderhoang
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    StriderHoang
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowneyeWinkin View Post
    Shirobako is great. I hate you guys.
    ​Sounds like a recommendation to me.

The giant hamster wheel that powers my house.
    Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    [none]
    Shirobako’s awesome. That is all

Checked out what was happening with Aldnoah.Zero, geez, that show had a few redeeming qualities but I gave them credit for attempting a ballsy finish and killing off nearly every major player, come season 2 and guess what? Everybody lived, even the guy who got shot in the head.

Lez-Bears is ...something, I’m assuming it’s from the same people who did Penguindrum, it’s got that whole “let’s reuse this big sequence every episode and it’ll make sense at the end” thing going on. Pretty sure like half the show is based on that pun of sex also meaning “to eat meat” or something in Japanese.

Watched Rolling Girls too, not sure where they’re going with it but I’ll stick around if it stays this vibrant and fun.