Thread: Problems with PS3

[Level 4: Cyborg]

Problems with PS3

Anyone have problems with their playstations? cause my dad has one only about a year old or so and it just died when we plugged in a charger thing to the USB ports on the front. I hadn't heard any problems like that for PS3 and was wondering if anyone else had the same thing. Thanks^^

[Level 2: Human]

Re: Problems with PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Alkene
    Anyone have problems with their playstations? cause my dad has one only about a year old or so and it just died when we plugged in a charger thing to the USB ports on the front. I hadn't heard any problems like that for PS3 and was wondering if anyone else had the same thing. Thanks^^
    You have to be careful of what you plug into your consoles.. The voltage can be different, causing malfunctions.. I would never plug any thing into my ps3 that requires charging with the only exception being my psp.. My teacher plugged her Dslr camera into a 2.0 usb port with a firewire and blew the mother board in her computer.. anyway.. i hope that helps.. just try your local electronics store for charger adapters etc.. Have a good day!

We have 3 PS3s in my house (I have two, 60GB for games, and a 20GB I just bougth for $200 as a blu ray player for my dad's TV room and the other is my older sister/fiancee's) and we haven't had any problems.

I've only plugged official playstation stuff and iPods into the PS3 USB ports. Does the playstation just not turn on anymore?

[Level 2: Human]

?

What exactly did you plug in to it Alkene? check the voltage before you plug in unoffical items

Over heating

It could also be a over heating problem. Make sure to keep your Ps3 in an open space where it can breathe