Thread: Does anyone else have this movie fetish?

Admin / Midget King
    I own over a dozen Troma flicks on DVD, so yes. I love cinematic cheese.

Also:

[Level 4: Cyborg]

Does anyone else have this movie fetish?

So when I'm looking at the DVDs and I don't see much that's interesting, I sometimes go for movies that appear to be cheesy sci-fi or monster flicks, often with one-word titles named after some disaster or problem or creature. I know it's going to be a muddled mess where the plot doesn't matter, but I enjoy it for the crazy action that ensues, not caring that it's not the greatest of flicks.

Anyone else into movies like that, or do they go for another genre where they know the movie might suck badly, but the masochist in them can't say no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mxyzptlk
    I own over a dozen Troma flicks on DVD, so yes. I love cinematic cheese.

Also:

I take it you even enjoy those really bad Toxic Avenger movies, if you dig Troma films.

Totally fine with skeezers
    guilty.

Dinosaur Island

Above all is Delta Force. I mean, look at Lee Marvin (R.I.P.). He doesn't even have to look at what he's shooting, he's so badass.

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGearROFFLE
    I take it you even enjoy those really bad Toxic Avenger movies, if you dig Troma films.
    The first two are fun. The latter ones are terrible even from a bad movie standpoint. My favorites from Troma are Surf Nazis Must Die, Tromeo and Juliet, Cannibal: The Musical, Terror Firmer, and Class of Nuke'em High.

[Level 6: Robot]
    The first two are fun. The latter ones are terrible even from a bad movie standpoint. My favorites from Troma are Surf Nazis Must Die, Tromeo and Juliet, Cannibal: The Musical, Terror Firmer, and Class of Nuke'em High.
    All classics. Troma is awesome.

I love action movies. Especially bad ones.

Arnold is my hero of choice. Total Recall. Running man. Commando. Terminator 1 & 2. Conan. Predator. End of Days.

Steven Segall, Jet Li, Jason Stathim, Jackie Chan, and Sean Claude Van Damm have a ton of action movies. Most of them are unintentionally hilarious.

Tons of kung fu movies too. The Street Fighter. Kung Fu Hustle. Master of the Flying Guillotine. Five Deadly Venoms. Shaw brothers films. Kung Fu the series. The Zatoichi series. So many cool asian action films out there.

Those titles alone make them sound very low-budget, offensive in a good way, and on the same level as some of the stuff they used to run on MST3K.

In another twist, I sometimes enjoy bad video game-based movies. Even Boll's cadre of crap is something I won't touch, but I've probably watched MK Annihilation and Street Fighter a dozen times.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]

[Level 5: Mech]
    I did the same thing once, when I bought $4 Vincent Price movie pack. Came with House on Haunted Hill, Omega Man, and some other terribly awesome flick. Best decision ever. Any time I'm at Wal-Mart (which hopefully won't be for a super-long time), I'm gonna be on the hunt for these B-movie cheap packs.

Admin / Midget King
    Those titles alone make them sound very low-budget, offensive in a good way, and on the same level as some of the stuff they used to run on MST3K.
    Heh, there's not a single film in the Troma catalog that MST3K would be able to air. Lots of gore, over the top violence, and boobs. Even when they used to show some of the flicks on USA Up All Night they were heavily edited.

There was an interesting documentary I watched a while back about the history of exploitation films. It's called Schlock! The Secret History of American Movies. Worth checking out if you're a fan of bad movies.

Some of my other non-Troma faves include Six-String Samurai and Psycho Beach Party.

Cuddly Cancer
    Pretty much anything I grew up with that's turned into live action is a must for me. Even if the movie sucks ass I have to see what all that imaginary shit would look like if it were real. This includes video games, novels, cartoons, whatever but, of course, it has to be something I cared about to begin with.

Wants to be the very best. Like no one ever was.
    I used to, until I rented Raiders of the living dead.

How can a movie with zombies and Laser guns be so awful?

[Level 3: Humanoid]

[Level 6: Robot]
    Heh, there's not a single film in the Troma catalog that MST3K would be able to air. Lots of gore, over the top violence, and boobs. Even when they used to show some of the flicks on USA Up All Night they were heavily edited.

There was an interesting documentary I watched a while back about the history of exploitation films. It's called Schlock! The Secret History of American Movies. Worth checking out if you're a fan of bad movies.

Some of my other non-Troma faves include Six-String Samurai and Psycho Beach Party.
    What about Monstervision? Later on with Joe Bob Briggs as the host?

Pwnd
    I had a lot of fun with Cabin Fever. I couldn't tell if it was trying to be funny or not though.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Kung Pow: Enter the Fist is one I really enjoy, it's like a family movie. Also anyone ever go into a Blockbuster and look for the cheesy horror flims that have the most stupid names and the plot sounds like someone was on crack. I saw one that had some dead cheerleader coming back from the dead for revenge on someone.

If your into chezzy B-grade Zombie flicks, theres a little known Aussie film that might be right up your ally, Its called UNDEAD, it features a triple shotgun wielding farmer, a cop who cant stop swearing, fish raining down from the sky, and a whole fuck load of zombies!!!!

Its funny as fuck, halfway through the director must have realized that he couldn't make a half decent flick with the cash he had, so they stopped giving a shit and what came was magical. I give it 5/5 B's. [/code]

Wants to be the very best. Like no one ever was.
    I saw this one in my local rental store called Black Demons. The front cover showed a white man being attacked by black zombies with nooses around their necks.

I don't think I ever wanted to see and not see a movie at the same time before that.

has anyone ever seen YOR:THE HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE?

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/yor/yor-song.wav

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    One of my favorites: Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

Best thing to come out of Canaduh since Red Green.