Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bionic Commando: Rearmed this week!

[Level 2: Human]

Bionic Commando: Rearmed this week!

There's no question that I'm getting it. The graphics and animation look beautiful and it just looks like a ton of fun. Is it just me or has it been raining awesome casual games lately? I still haven't beaten Pixeljunk Eden.. I really, really enjoyed Braid and will never, NEVER forget that very last dash of the game.. that was pure genius. That alone was worth the 15 bucks

Anyway.. I own both a PS3 and a 360, so I face the dilemma of what platform to get Bionic Commando for. I guess one way to look at it that makes the decision easy is that it comes out a day early on XBLA as opposed to PSN. PSN gets it on Thursday while XBLA gets it on Wednesday, as is customary.

BTW, when is the "proper sequel" to BC coming out? You know.. the 3D one? I'm definitely getting that too.

Pwnd
    Eh, I think I'm the only one not excited for this. Give me Castle Crashers dangit!

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'll play the trial version before I decide if buying it or not. It looks

I want Braid and Castle Crashers more.

I'm definitely excited for Castle Crashers. I never got too far in Alien Hominid I guess.. I'm not sure why anymore.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    I've seen the gameplay videos out there and have to say I'm excited to reprise my role as comando Radd's controller.(man, heroes had such kickass names in the 80s)
    It's looks great and the added co-op play is even more awesomely radical. like to the max.
    lets hope it doesn't turn out to be a fancy turd sammich.

I can't wait... I've been waiting forever for this...

I really hope its good... The 80's rocked!

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiangamer
    Eh, I think I'm the only one not excited for this. Give me Castle Crashers dangit!
    Taking the risk of beeing flamed to death i have to aks this question: What is so awesome about Castle crashers? I mean it just looks like the flashgames he made, which were fun, but nothing special. I also didnt really like alien hominid that much, again fun, but boring after a while.
    Im not saying that Castle crashers suck, I just dont get whats so special about it. Maby you can give me a leg up.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Fana7ic
    Taking the risk of beeing flamed to death i have to aks this question: What is so awesome about Castle crashers? I mean it just looks like the flashgames he made, which were fun, but nothing special. I also didnt really like alien hominid that much, again fun, but boring after a while.
    Im not saying that Castle crashers suck, I just dont get whats so special about it. Maby you can give me a leg up.
    I just love sidescrolling fighters like Final Fight and that Punisher game on the old arcade machines. The humor of Alien Hominid applied to an old fighter like King Arthur and The Knights of the Round Table, is just a great idea to me. It gives me the feeling of being an all out action hero taking on whole armies. I just love that. Alien Hominid wasn't boring to me, but I did like Metal Slug a lot more. Really, MAME, is what got me into games like that and with online play and combos Castle Crashers is looking to actually give me the arcade experience that I didn't get a lot of. I could totally understand why you wouldn't be excited for it though. Especially if you already have had that arcade experience.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    ...but I did like Metal Slug a lot more.
    Now that is something we have in common. Metal Slug is totally awesome. Fell in love with it when I played it for the first time in an arcade in hollydays in Italy when I was a child

Anyways, I think Im going to get the demo and then just see if its worth it for me or not.

I'll admit I'm way more excited for Castle Crashers too. But I'll be giving the Bionic Commando demo a try. I've never played the original, but this one's looking good so far.

Anyone know when this stuff drops on Wednesday? Like.. what time of day? I'm that excited

It's coming out tomorrow on XBLA, but around what time of day?

I asked on the XBL forums and people seem to think anywhere between 2 and 5am. I'm guessing between 2 and 3am. Yay!

As someone whose played a lot of Bionic Commando, I'm curious to try out the trial version. I don't really know if I'll like it enough to buy it or not.

Especially since I'm sold on Braid and Castle Crashers.

After playing the trial version I must say that I definitely want to buy the full version. It feels like a really great expansion on the original Nintendo game.

Really like the old school music and sound effects.

Great, looks like my prejudged "this game will be good" judgment was right...

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by randombullseye
    After playing the trial version I must say that I definitely want to buy the full version. It feels like a really great expansion on the original Nintendo game.

It was a CAPCOM arcade machine I think, then ported to NES.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    My avatar has taken on a life of it's own and is now breaking every thread I post on.

Thanks Wonderbra!
    *cough*

Hint, hint.

*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Banj

It was a CAPCOM arcade machine I think, then ported to NES.
    I meant

The capcom developed sequel to their arcade game. The original game could also be seen as a spinoff of the Commando series since your mission is to save the hero of those games, Super Joe.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Bionic Commando and Commando are from the same series?

...you live and learn.

I stayed up.. by about 4:10AM EST, it was up and ready. I bought it immediately and proceeded to have some fun with it.. and daaaaaamn this game is hard. I selected HARD right from the start (I do with all games) and I spent about 2 hours just trying to beat the first world. I still haven't got it. But the graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is addictive and the presentation is fantastic