Page 825 of 862 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 815 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 835 ... LastLast
Results 16,481 to 16,500 of 17238

Thread: Venting anger

[Level 8: Skynet]
    grocery store finds are fun!

[Level 6: Robot]
    Again, fucking screaming. 2 hours straight. Nothing comforts her. Nothing stops her. Nothing makes fucking sense. I swear I'm at the end of my fucking rope.

THE MR.E BIRD
    That sucks.

Did you try what Phil said with earbuds and just walking away when you get agitated? What do childcare professionals say about this sort of thing?

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    I don't think we have those here. Michael's is nice because it has damn near everything, while a lot of smaller shops have you running to multiple ones because they all specialize in different things.

We're lucky enough to have both. A lot of the stuff for my wedding was DIY and my wife got most (if not all) of it at Michael's. Stuff like our invitations, programs, cake topper, etc. She was even considering making her own cake at one point and got some cake decorating stuff there, but with work and everything else she was doing she just didn't really have enough time to practice making the cakes just right.

[Level 5: Mech]
    So the engine to my truck just fucking exploded more or less while driving down the interstate. Just, out of fucking nowhere. Driving and then the temperature gauge suddenly redlines and smoke starts pouring outta the engine. Pull over, wait for the temperature gauge to go all the way down (took about an hour), and check the fluids. All the fluids are fine. Try to start the truck again and it just shakes uncontrollably before shutting off. Permanently. Won't even bother to turn over now. Pretty sure the engine is dead. And my phone was dead so, my only hope of getting home is to fucking walk six miles and leave my truck on the interstate with the emergency blinkers on, hoping like hell that the truck will still be there when I call a tow truck driver when I get home. I am now home. I am now pissed. I have no fucking vehicle now, at all. And I have to get to work tomorrow...which if anyone forgot my work post from a few days ago, there's a wave of layoffs going down and this is NOT what I fucking need right now. It's only 1PM and I'm already tempted to crack open a beer and tell the rest of the world to fuck off.

Do you work at the shipyard or something? I heard about them laying off thousands.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Not the shipyard no, but I am a government contractor.

My fucking back has been killing me for that last few days. Waking up early every morning because the painkillers wear off and there's no way for me to lie down without feeling pain in my back or legs. Need to upgrade to some serious drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    That sucks.

Did you try what Phil said with earbuds and just walking away when you get agitated? What do childcare professionals say about this sort of thing?

That is her, for just 20 seconds. Recorded from 3 rooms away. Loop that for 3 hours. That's what we have to deal with every night for 2 weeks so far. Nothing comforts her, nothing stops her. I'm physically at work today (I can work from home when I want) but my wife is dealing with it this morning... normally bub sleeps for the morning sleep without fail, today she's screaming again.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by vApathyv View Post
    Not the shipyard no, but I am a government contractor.
    That really sucks dude. Hope things start going your way

Quote Originally Posted by Artful-dodgeR View Post
    Again, fucking screaming. 2 hours straight. Nothing comforts her. Nothing stops her. Nothing makes fucking sense. I swear I'm at the end of my fucking rope.
    i'm sorry man. is baby teething perhaps?

Not teething, not suck according to blood and urine test. We're trialling a new bed routine, hopefully we have more luck.

do you guys use a lavender bath time bubbles/wash? that worked wonders for our little one. also, teething can start well before the teeth break through the surface, my daughter started teething like 2 months before her bottom two showed, her mood just changed over night it seemed. i hope something works out for you guys and your little one. mommy, daddy and baby need their rest. you can always lace her drink with some melatonin

[Level 12: CHET]
    Whiskey for the babay!

Quote Originally Posted by grunchk1n View Post
    do you guys use a lavender bath time bubbles/wash? that worked wonders for our little one. also, teething can start well before the teeth break through the surface, my daughter started teething like 2 months before her bottom two showed, her mood just changed over night it seemed. i hope something works out for you guys and your little one. mommy, daddy and baby need their rest. you can always lace her drink with some melatonin
    This. Maybe some soothing soft music and some baby ibprofun(Im not looking it up to spell it right)/tylenol also?

Wait.... is melatonin safe for kids? Nawwwwwww. But....... Nawwwwwww

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Whiskey for the babay!
    Everything you write I hear as you joyously yelling due to your pic

[Level 12: CHET]
    You would not be wrong sir.

melatonin is fine, i would use that instead of ibuprofen, save it for when they're in pain or have a fever. i would crush have of one for my daughter and put it in her milk before bed sometimes. she get where she'd be up all day and then when it came time for bed, it was like she was too tired to fall asleep, weirdo kid. It helps if you don't abuse it of course. my daughter was over a year old when we gave her melatonin and haven't used it in a while since she a good sleeper now.

Quote Originally Posted by grunchk1n View Post
    melatonin is fine, i would use that instead of ibuprofen, save it for when they're in pain or have a fever. i would crush have of one for my daughter and put it in her milk before bed sometimes. she get where she'd be up all day and then when it came time for bed, it was like she was too tired to fall asleep, weirdo kid. It helps if you don't abuse it of course. my daughter was over a year old when we gave her melatonin and haven't used it in a while since she a good sleeper now.
    Where was this info a year ago. Wow. Good to know, thanks! Next time we have one of those too tired to go to bed nights, little dudes getting booshed!

just don't use it too often. Sometimes just warm milk will do the trick, sometimes, ya gotta lace that baby with some melatonin. and then there's of course good ol' allergy meds! lol

Hunt for a house begins again. The sellers of the house we were going to buy decided that they won't take less than $15,000 over the appraisal. Fuck that. It just sucks, though, because the lease on our apartment is up at the end of March and we already told them that we wouldn't be renewing.