Page 824 of 880 FirstFirst ... 324 724 774 814 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 834 874 ... LastLast
Results 16,461 to 16,480 of 17582

Thread: Venting anger

[Level 6: Robot]
    Child screams at every sleep. Every fucking sleep. Every fucking last sleep. For an hour. Minimum. Not sure how much I can handle. Been a week so far. On edge.

[Level 12: CHET]
    People need to mind their business and not assume that they can get away with shit and how dare anyone else say boo. Also if you feel 'entitled'...get over it you're not.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful-dodgeR View Post
    Child screams at every sleep. Every fucking sleep. Every fucking last sleep. For an hour. Minimum. Not sure how much I can handle. Been a week so far. On edge.
    Oh god. I remember my son doing that. Jesus Christ I almost threw him on more than one occasion. Earbuds? Have a crib? If anything just put them into the crib and walk away for five when you feel it rising. That's such a tough one. I'd have to prepare myself mentally every fucking night.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    People need to mind their business and not assume that they can get away with shit and how dare anyone else say boo. Also if you feel 'entitled'...get over it you're not.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Oh god. I remember my son doing that. Jesus Christ I almost threw him on more than one occasion. Earbuds? Have a crib? If anything just put them into the crib and walk away for five when you feel it rising. That's such a tough one. I'd have to prepare myself mentally every fucking night.

God I remember when my kid was that age. Used to pretend I had to go to the bathroom just so I could hide behind a closed door with no expectation of me helping with him for a bit. All you can do is hang in there Dodger, eventually the stuff that drives you crazy now is replaced with new stuff. Step outside and take some deep breaths, it gets better.

95 fucking minutes so far.

Honkey Kong
    I'm sorry bro. Just try and remember your baby has special needs and no other way to show she needs you.

Beast Master
    Irritation, not anger:

The checkout lines at Michael's (arts & crafts store) are always bad. I've been to two different ones in the last two days and it's always something. There's never one with no wait, that's a given. Then yesterday afternoon I'm behind this lady with the worst body odor I've smelled on somebody who is not homeless or a thirteen year old boy. Of course maybe she is homeless, but why do homeless people need with beads? And she was one of those types who has the cashier check the prices on everything, then she had to pick and choose which items she wanted to have removed after they were all rung up.

Today I'm behind a lady who gets all of her stuff rung up, then she throws their newspaper ad on the counter and tells the cashier that she doesn't know which coupons apply to her. So the cashier leafs through the ad finding the sporadically placed coupons for the lady.

And why am I the only twenty-something male that shops at Michael's?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    i do all my craft shopping at hobby lobby

Beast Master
    I don't think we have those here. Michael's is nice because it has damn near everything, while a lot of smaller shops have you running to multiple ones because they all specialize in different things.

love me some hobby lobby! it damn near across town though and the commute there seems to take forever because the traffic is always stupid. so whenever i want to go i have to plan a time where hardly anyone is there and make sure lili has snacks because it feels like a damn road trip most of the time. i like getting fabric remnants from there to make dresses for lili.

Beast Master
    I always go to Michael's for random stuff. Clay, paints, markers, leather needles, rivets, frames, etc.

I actually get my drawing pads from the grocery store though.

It's a thing.

grocery store finds are fun!

Again, fucking screaming. 2 hours straight. Nothing comforts her. Nothing stops her. Nothing makes fucking sense. I swear I'm at the end of my fucking rope.

THE MR.E BIRD
    That sucks.

Did you try what Phil said with earbuds and just walking away when you get agitated? What do childcare professionals say about this sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    I don't think we have those here. Michael's is nice because it has damn near everything, while a lot of smaller shops have you running to multiple ones because they all specialize in different things.

We're lucky enough to have both. A lot of the stuff for my wedding was DIY and my wife got most (if not all) of it at Michael's. Stuff like our invitations, programs, cake topper, etc. She was even considering making her own cake at one point and got some cake decorating stuff there, but with work and everything else she was doing she just didn't really have enough time to practice making the cakes just right.

[Level 5: Mech]
    So the engine to my truck just fucking exploded more or less while driving down the interstate. Just, out of fucking nowhere. Driving and then the temperature gauge suddenly redlines and smoke starts pouring outta the engine. Pull over, wait for the temperature gauge to go all the way down (took about an hour), and check the fluids. All the fluids are fine. Try to start the truck again and it just shakes uncontrollably before shutting off. Permanently. Won't even bother to turn over now. Pretty sure the engine is dead. And my phone was dead so, my only hope of getting home is to fucking walk six miles and leave my truck on the interstate with the emergency blinkers on, hoping like hell that the truck will still be there when I call a tow truck driver when I get home. I am now home. I am now pissed. I have no fucking vehicle now, at all. And I have to get to work tomorrow...which if anyone forgot my work post from a few days ago, there's a wave of layoffs going down and this is NOT what I fucking need right now. It's only 1PM and I'm already tempted to crack open a beer and tell the rest of the world to fuck off.

Beast Master
    Do you work at the shipyard or something? I heard about them laying off thousands.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Not the shipyard no, but I am a government contractor.

Beard Master
    My fucking back has been killing me for that last few days. Waking up early every morning because the painkillers wear off and there's no way for me to lie down without feeling pain in my back or legs. Need to upgrade to some serious drugs.