OH, forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP

Thread: Stage six is dead!! Alternatives? or should this be a blog?

Stage six is dead!! Alternatives? or should this be a blog?

I was just wondering if anyone had any good Divx sites since stage six is no more. Maybe I should post this in the blogs. lol

Veoh.com They link right to it...

It's a shame, though, Stage 6 had much better quality

Ya I 've tried that I was hoping there was another site for divx movies. Divx isn't dead just stage 6 and joox . But I have a feeling by cutting off stage 6 divx may be killing itself.

You'll get more responses if you post this in the blogs, but most of them will be telling you to post it in the forums.

I don't know much about DivX. Sorry.

2,477 posts since Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornnn
    I have a feeling by cutting off stage 6 divx may be killing itself.
    I think stage6 was its own company and independent from divx after a while, so it killed its self. And yes, it was the best streaming service out there.

I dont see any real alternatives. Veoh shows only a 5 minute preview of long movies, if you want to watch the full length you have to download it with their player, which isnīt streaming.

We just have to wait. The newest Adobe flash version supports mpeg4 (http://www.adobe.com/products/hdvide...?promoid=BQMSZ) which opens the possibility of hd videos in flash. The next service like Stage6 will come, its only a matter of time.

280 posts since Jan 2008
    Dude, your avatar scares me.