OH, forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 452

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines

  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    HOW THE FUCK DO I CHANGE MY LOADOUT IN SP? Im tired of the Pulse Rifle/Shottie/Pistol combo. Or is that even possible? Maybe New Game+ ?
    If you are on the PC version do this: Press B. It takes you to a "buy" menu. Sort of like Counter Strike's.

    Then move your mouse to either Primary, Secondary, Sidearm, or Tactical. You can customise what guns go where.

    Screenshots:




  2. 02-16-2013, 09:09 PM

  3. #302
    Anybody else tried those graphics mods that came out the other day? They seem to help so far.

  4. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowedge View Post
    If you are on the PC version do this: Press B. It takes you to a "buy" menu. Sort of like Counter Strike's.

    Then move your mouse to either Primary, Secondary, Sidearm, or Tactical. You can customise what guns go where.

    Screenshots:



    I had no fucking clue. Thought they just CoD'd it the fuck up. THANK YOU! Now Im having a blast (weapons wise). Love the stake gun. Even sadder this isn't a better game now though.

    @Panza: No, don't give a fuck. Give me an AI fix and a Campaign and I'll be all over it.

  5. #304

  6. #305
    ConnorTheScot's Avatar
    52 posts since Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowedge View Post
    It wasn't that Aliens game I was expecting, but there is nothing we can do now. Just hope for the future. Heck, I'd love it if they put AVP2 on Steam.
    I would be all over that!

  7. #306
    I'd prefer GOG but yeah, I share the sentiment.

  8. #307
    Wow. I don't think I've ever played a console game this broken before. Dead enemies hanging off of a wall, bits of xeno gibs spinning in circles because they can't touch the ground, one of those Boiler aliens literally walking on air, a co-op partner who got stuck in the ground and we couldn't move him until we executed him so he could respawn. I somehow glitched the dog tag collectibles and I couldn't even 100% the game before trading it back in. That's just what I can remember off the top of my head.

    Hell, even if everything worked the way they wanted it to, the game is still a sweaty monkey's asshole. The story, the voice acting, the visuals... blech. And don't even get me started on the fact that the series once had women like Ripley and Vasquez and all we got was a red shirt marine girlie girl who looked like she was on her way to the Bikini Bowl and the pilot who Ashly Burch voiced who had like two good lines and no personality to speak of other than "the plot randomly demands that a character briefly act like an asshole."

    If the Dtoid staff still wants to charge the Gearbox offices with pitchforks and torches, I'm down. Burn a Claptrap standee in effigy. Stare down at Randy Pitchford at conventions. Maybe throw a shoe at him... no Sketchers or Vans or whatever bullshit. Something like a nice steel-toed Rockport in a size 10 1/2. Something with some weight. And smeared in wet dogshit so it leaves a mark and a residual stench. Because this was some cynical, cynical bullshit right here.

  9. #308
    Banj's Avatar
    8,177 posts since Mar 2007

    ..I like it

  10. #309
    Wry Guy's Avatar
    5,636 posts since Nov 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Banj View Post
    ..I like it
    Well, not everybody has the same expectations from their games. I didn't hate Resident Evil 6 even though everyone else did.

    I think everyone's just taking things pretty personal after the company has clearly tried manipulating people with a misleading demo.

    I watched the actual gameplay footage as opposed to trailers well over a year ago and saw this coming.

  11. #310
    Edd Strid's Avatar
    2,264 posts since Mar 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Banj View Post
    ..I like it
    I see this quote appearing on a GOTY edition.

  12. #311
    Sephzilla's Avatar
    6,070 posts since Jul 2008

    Colonial Marines is #1 in the UK right now. Though I think its a DmC situation where it only was #1 by factor of there being almost nothing else to compete against.

    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/18/al...eks-uk-charts/

  13. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Wry Guy View Post
    Well, not everybody has the same expectations from their games. I didn't hate Resident Evil 6 even though everyone else did.

    I think everyone's just taking things pretty personal after the company has clearly tried manipulating people with a misleading demo.

    I watched the actual gameplay footage as opposed to trailers well over a year ago and saw this coming.
    Last sentence is exactly what I do for every game. Nothing but gameplay trailers. Story trailers and developer diaries are nothing but ego-filled extensions of the marketing department.

  14. #313
    Gorilla Gravy's Avatar
    3,059 posts since Sep 2012


  15. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    Wow. I don't think I've ever played a console game this broken before. Dead enemies hanging off of a wall, bits of xeno gibs spinning in circles because they can't touch the ground, one of those Boiler aliens literally walking on air, a co-op partner who got stuck in the ground and we couldn't move him until we executed him so he could respawn. I somehow glitched the dog tag collectibles and I couldn't even 100% the game before trading it back in. That's just what I can remember off the top of my head.

    Hell, even if everything worked the way they wanted it to, the game is still a sweaty monkey's asshole. The story, the voice acting, the visuals... blech. And don't even get me started on the fact that the series once had women like Ripley and Vasquez and all we got was a red shirt marine girlie girl who looked like she was on her way to the Bikini Bowl and the pilot who Ashly Burch voiced who had like two good lines and no personality to speak of other than "the plot randomly demands that a character briefly act like an asshole."

    If the Dtoid staff still wants to charge the Gearbox offices with pitchforks and torches, I'm down. Burn a Claptrap standee in effigy. Stare down at Randy Pitchford at conventions. Maybe throw a shoe at him... no Sketchers or Vans or whatever bullshit. Something like a nice steel-toed Rockport in a size 10 1/2. Something with some weight. And smeared in wet dogshit so it leaves a mark and a residual stench. Because this was some cynical, cynical bullshit right here.
    My original mission was to go to PAX to met all you. Know I shall be known as the guy who went to jail for dick punching Pitchford. After I hug some of you of course. Priorities. But yeah.... He's a fucking bs machine.

  16. #315
    Now, out of curiosity, are you punching him in the dick or with your dick?

  17. #316
    Sephzilla's Avatar
    6,070 posts since Jul 2008

    The later sounds far more impressive than the former.

  18. #317

    22,144 posts since Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    Wow. I don't think I've ever played a console game this broken before. Dead enemies hanging off of a wall, bits of xeno gibs spinning in circles because they can't touch the ground, one of those Boiler aliens literally walking on air, a co-op partner who got stuck in the ground and we couldn't move him until we executed him so he could respawn. I somehow glitched the dog tag collectibles and I couldn't even 100% the game before trading it back in. That's just what I can remember off the top of my head.

    Hell, even if everything worked the way they wanted it to, the game is still a sweaty monkey's asshole. The story, the voice acting, the visuals... blech. And don't even get me started on the fact that the series once had women like Ripley and Vasquez and all we got was a red shirt marine girlie girl who looked like she was on her way to the Bikini Bowl and the pilot who Ashly Burch voiced who had like two good lines and no personality to speak of other than "the plot randomly demands that a character briefly act like an asshole."

    If the Dtoid staff still wants to charge the Gearbox offices with pitchforks and torches, I'm down. Burn a Claptrap standee in effigy. Stare down at Randy Pitchford at conventions. Maybe throw a shoe at him... no Sketchers or Vans or whatever bullshit. Something like a nice steel-toed Rockport in a size 10 1/2. Something with some weight. And smeared in wet dogshit so it leaves a mark and a residual stench. Because this was some cynical, cynical bullshit right here.
    This is one of my favorite posts on the whole site right now. I usually get bored with seeing people slag everything under the sun but this is so exceptionally well-written. I haven't seen a group, organization, or product told to eat a dick this well since Jack Webb verbally castrated hippies on Dragnet. Top flight good stuff right here.

    I also don't have anything to say about this game because it look shitty and I don't care.

    swoosh


  19. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by Banj View Post
    ..I like it
    Yep, same here.

    I said earlier that I found it to be a very average game given a slight lift by the IP, and now that I've beaten the campaign that still stands. Being a movie nerd way more than a video game nerd, and being especially into the movie this particular game is a continuation of, I dig it. I finally played a bit of the multiplayer last night with randoms and I didn't have fun with it, but the campaign stands as a good time.

    When I finally made out what was painted on Hicks' shotgun after trying to see what exactly it was all game I had another bout of movie nerd smiles; "NO FATE", tying in to Michael Biehn's character of Kyle Reese from The Terminator.



    So yeah, fuck video games. I like this one.

  20. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    This is one of my favorite posts on the whole site right now. I usually get bored with seeing people slag everything under the sun but this is so exceptionally well-written. I haven't seen a group, organization, or product told to eat a dick this well since Jack Webb verbally castrated hippies on Dragnet. Top flight good stuff right here.

    I also don't have anything to say about this game because it look shitty and I don't care.

    swoosh



    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    So yeah, fuck video games. I like this one

  21. #320
    Hector Garfria's Avatar
    17,905 posts since Mar 2009

    What other things will we learn about ZP in the coming days?


Similar Threads

  1. Aliens VS Predators
    By cole1114 in forum Video Games, Motherfuckers!
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 04:56 PM
  2. 02/29/2010 PC FNF Aliens Vs Predator?
    By LuntiX in forum Friday Night Fights
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 01:26 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 01:36 PM
  4. Aliens - are they real...?
    By NateDawgK2 in forum The Bar
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 09:40 PM
  5. Natural Selection - my Aliens, let me show you them
    By Pwn Daddy in forum Video Games, Motherfuckers!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 10:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Unsavory people bugging you?

If you encounter hate speech, harassment, personal attacks, bullying, homophobia, and general doucheyness -- even if it wasn't directed at you -- please let us know. All emails are kept confidential. Let's make sure everyone's treated with respect so the friends you make here will keep coming back! about mods/rules

Change forum colors & width:
Try a new theme: