Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    HOW THE FUCK DO I CHANGE MY LOADOUT IN SP? Im tired of the Pulse Rifle/Shottie/Pistol combo. Or is that even possible? Maybe New Game+ ?
    If you are on the PC version do this: Press B. It takes you to a "buy" menu. Sort of like Counter Strike's.

Then move your mouse to either Primary, Secondary, Sidearm, or Tactical. You can customise what guns go where.

Screenshots:

2. 02-16-2013, 09:09 PM

Anybody else tried those graphics mods that came out the other day? They seem to help so far.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowedge View Post
    If you are on the PC version do this: Press B. It takes you to a "buy" menu. Sort of like Counter Strike's.

Then move your mouse to either Primary, Secondary, Sidearm, or Tactical. You can customise what guns go where.

Screenshots:

I had no fucking clue. Thought they just CoD'd it the fuck up. THANK YOU! Now Im having a blast (weapons wise). Love the stake gun. Even sadder this isn't a better game now though.

@Panza: No, don't give a fuck. Give me an AI fix and a Campaign and I'll be all over it.

But they make it look better

[Level 3: Humanoid] ConnorTheScot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowedge View Post
    It wasn't that Aliens game I was expecting, but there is nothing we can do now. Just hope for the future. Heck, I'd love it if they put AVP2 on Steam.
    I would be all over that!

I'd prefer GOG but yeah, I share the sentiment.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Wow. I don't think I've ever played a console game this broken before. Dead enemies hanging off of a wall, bits of xeno gibs spinning in circles because they can't touch the ground, one of those Boiler aliens literally walking on air, a co-op partner who got stuck in the ground and we couldn't move him until we executed him so he could respawn. I somehow glitched the dog tag collectibles and I couldn't even 100% the game before trading it back in. That's just what I can remember off the top of my head.

Hell, even if everything worked the way they wanted it to, the game is still a sweaty monkey's asshole. The story, the voice acting, the visuals... blech. And don't even get me started on the fact that the series once had women like Ripley and Vasquez and all we got was a red shirt marine girlie girl who looked like she was on her way to the Bikini Bowl and the pilot who Ashly Burch voiced who had like two good lines and no personality to speak of other than "the plot randomly demands that a character briefly act like an asshole."

If the Dtoid staff still wants to charge the Gearbox offices with pitchforks and torches, I'm down. Burn a Claptrap standee in effigy. Stare down at Randy Pitchford at conventions. Maybe throw a shoe at him... no Sketchers or Vans or whatever bullshit. Something like a nice steel-toed Rockport in a size 10 1/2. Something with some weight. And smeared in wet dogshit so it leaves a mark and a residual stench. Because this was some cynical, cynical bullshit right here.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    ..I like it

[Level 8: Skynet]

Quote Originally Posted by Banj View Post
    ..I like it
    Well, not everybody has the same expectations from their games. I didn't hate Resident Evil 6 even though everyone else did.

I think everyone's just taking things pretty personal after the company has clearly tried manipulating people with a misleading demo.

I watched the actual gameplay footage as opposed to trailers well over a year ago and saw this coming.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    ..I like it
    I see this quote appearing on a GOTY edition.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    Colonial Marines is #1 in the UK right now. Though I think its a DmC situation where it only was #1 by factor of there being almost nothing else to compete against.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/18/al...eks-uk-charts/

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Wry Guy View Post
    Well, not everybody has the same expectations from their games. I didn't hate Resident Evil 6 even though everyone else did.

I think everyone's just taking things pretty personal after the company has clearly tried manipulating people with a misleading demo.

I watched the actual gameplay footage as opposed to trailers well over a year ago and saw this coming.
    Last sentence is exactly what I do for every game. Nothing but gameplay trailers. Story trailers and developer diaries are nothing but ego-filled extensions of the marketing department.

[Level 8: Skynet]

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    Wow. I don't think I've ever played a console game this broken before. Dead enemies hanging off of a wall, bits of xeno gibs spinning in circles because they can't touch the ground, one of those Boiler aliens literally walking on air, a co-op partner who got stuck in the ground and we couldn't move him until we executed him so he could respawn. I somehow glitched the dog tag collectibles and I couldn't even 100% the game before trading it back in. That's just what I can remember off the top of my head.

Hell, even if everything worked the way they wanted it to, the game is still a sweaty monkey's asshole. The story, the voice acting, the visuals... blech. And don't even get me started on the fact that the series once had women like Ripley and Vasquez and all we got was a red shirt marine girlie girl who looked like she was on her way to the Bikini Bowl and the pilot who Ashly Burch voiced who had like two good lines and no personality to speak of other than "the plot randomly demands that a character briefly act like an asshole."

If the Dtoid staff still wants to charge the Gearbox offices with pitchforks and torches, I'm down. Burn a Claptrap standee in effigy. Stare down at Randy Pitchford at conventions. Maybe throw a shoe at him... no Sketchers or Vans or whatever bullshit. Something like a nice steel-toed Rockport in a size 10 1/2. Something with some weight. And smeared in wet dogshit so it leaves a mark and a residual stench. Because this was some cynical, cynical bullshit right here.
    My original mission was to go to PAX to met all you. Know I shall be known as the guy who went to jail for dick punching Pitchford. After I hug some of you of course. Priorities. But yeah.... He's a fucking bs machine.

Now, out of curiosity, are you punching him in the dick or with your dick?

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    The later sounds far more impressive than the former.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post

This is one of my favorite posts on the whole site right now. I usually get bored with seeing people slag everything under the sun but this is so exceptionally well-written. I haven't seen a group, organization, or product told to eat a dick this well since Jack Webb verbally castrated hippies on Dragnet. Top flight good stuff right here.

I also don't have anything to say about this game because it look shitty and I don't care.

swoosh

..I like it
    Yep, same here.

I said earlier that I found it to be a very average game given a slight lift by the IP, and now that I've beaten the campaign that still stands. Being a movie nerd way more than a video game nerd, and being especially into the movie this particular game is a continuation of, I dig it. I finally played a bit of the multiplayer last night with randoms and I didn't have fun with it, but the campaign stands as a good time.

When I finally made out what was painted on Hicks' shotgun after trying to see what exactly it was all game I had another bout of movie nerd smiles; "NO FATE", tying in to Michael Biehn's character of Kyle Reese from The Terminator.

So yeah, fuck video games. I like this one.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    This is one of my favorite posts on the whole site right now. I usually get bored with seeing people slag everything under the sun but this is so exceptionally well-written. I haven't seen a group, organization, or product told to eat a dick this well since Jack Webb verbally castrated hippies on Dragnet. Top flight good stuff right here.

I also don't have anything to say about this game because it look shitty and I don't care.

swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    So yeah, fuck video games. I like this one

Still responds to BLOO
    What other things will we learn about ZP in the coming days?