Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I think it's pretty obvious they could never decide what to do with the game. I read a preview I think two years ago where they were saying it was going to be similar to Borderlands in the Aliens universe sans loot. And that the focus would be purely coop and character progression. But the previews over the last year have been all L4D-esque. I'm hoping some portion of the game turns out well, but I'll be waiting for more reviews before I make a purchase now.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
    Just as the video was about to come to an edit I actually though "hm, might pick this up if Steam has a sale"

Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    *AHEM* Hate to be a wet blanket, but I can smell ass in videogames a mile away. This one smells like ass. Hopefully it's fun for the fans irregardless.
    Were Borderlands 2 and Halo 4 wearing a lot of perfume or something?

I'M JUST SAYIN'.

Honkey Kong
    Halo 4 was. I enjoyed B2's main game. DLC has been farmed out shit-tier work though.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRemedy View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious they could never decide what to do with the game. I read a preview I think two years ago where they were saying it was going to be similar to Borderlands in the Aliens universe sans loot. And that the focus would be purely coop and character progression. But the previews over the last year have been all L4D-esque. I'm hoping some portion of the game turns out well, but I'll be waiting for more reviews before I make a purchase now.
    Yeah, I really want it to be good but if half of what is being said on GAF is to be believed, well it's beginning to look like a bit of a joke. I hadn't even seen any multiplayer until recently because I've been avoiding press on the game, but it looks good to me, I'd play it. The thing is, I don't want to spend £40 on an online component, if I wanted to do that there are other games out there that would better serve my needs. Aliens 2 is a pretty tall order, but I was hoping for a quality single player campaign, made by Gearbox. I'll keep an open mind, but if I see people comparing it to Duke Nukem tomorrow, I'll be disappointed.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    This is sounding god fucking awful. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK. going to hold off redeeming my key now. Hopefully if it turns out shit, I can trade/sell it tomorrow. That IGN article put the nail in the fucking coffin. God dammit Gearbox. Can you only make fucking BIA and Borderlands?

I have yet to play a Gearbox game that I didn't find to be mediocre at best. The hype never lives up to their products. Randy Pitchford is a wonderful PR man, almost too good.

And by that, I mean that he's a liar.

The online for this game looks fun at the least.

Bummer. I decided to cancel my special edition because I really don't need to spend $100 for a cool Power Loader figurine and a game I'd rather play on my PC anyway... Looks like I'll just play it on my PC later down the line...

Very Bummer.

Jesus, you guys.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    “It’s a big, ambitious game,” Pitchford explained. “Some of the other studios involved, we decided that these guys are awesome. They did a lot of really valuable work. We’re not contractually obligated to put anybody’s credits there, but we value talent and respect talent. We wanted to make sure that those logos were there and that work was represented. In big efforts, that’s not an uncommon thing. You don’t usually see it up front.”

-translation-

"If the fans hate it we're blaming the other guys"

Early reviews are hitting and are between 4-7/10 check cvg if interested. Decided I only paid 30 and I know Ill have some fun, so fuck it. Just ffs, is anyone ever going to take fucking Aliens seriously? I really thought Gearbox would, but this patchwork shit shows otherwise. Fucking assholes.

At this point, I'll probably still redbox it to look at a few locations. I like the footage where they're crossing onto the ship. But I've pretty much accepted that its going to be bad. I was pretty excited a week ago too. This stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by umberhulk View Post
    At this point, I'll probably still redbox it to look at a few locations. I like the footage where they're crossing onto the ship. But I've pretty much accepted that its going to be bad. I was pretty excited a week ago too. This stinks.
    I was still pumped a hours ago. Now Im mildy stoked. I know from my friends playing early that Ill still have fun, a blast for fans in mp, but it sounds like it'll wear off quickly. Either way, HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS PREMISE KEEP GETTING BOTCHED? Give this shit to Turtle Rock Studios.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    *AHEM* Hate to be a wet blanket, but I can smell ass in videogames a mile away. This one smells like ass. Hopefully it's fun for the fans irregardless.
    Regardless*

COME ON MAN SPEAK AMERICAN

Read that thread on NeoGAF today and lol'ed. I already have my copy paid off... I figure I'll pick it up just for something to write about. Then it's back to Persona 3: FES.

Turns out complaining about the lack of female avatars in the multiplayer should have been at the bottom of the wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Early reviews are hitting and are between 4-7/10 check cvg if interested. Decided I only paid 30 and I know Ill have some fun, so fuck it. Just ffs, is anyone ever going to take fucking Aliens seriously? I really thought Gearbox would, but this patchwork shit shows otherwise. Fucking assholes.
    Yeah... I only payed £25 for it, so I might still play it. I'll see what the reviews say before I open mine and seal the deal.

So I did end up playing the game last time when it unlocked on steam. I played for 10 minutes, not sure if I want to play the game any more. It might be the worst purchase I ever did. I mean if it was 2001-2004 the game would be a lot of fun I guess.

-Graphics aren't that bad, but not that good either, but that is not a thing that makes it a bad game, if it was 2004 then it would be awesome in that regard.
    -AI of the enemy aliens is god awful (at least in normal) the aliens will attack the player passing by NPCs who are shooting at them without even considering them, sure they sometimes attack them but not as often as they pile against you.
    -The animations of the aliens are not good at all, they look super weird
    -It's not challenging to kill hordes of aliens at all, the only trouble you will get is that they will over run just you and not the other NPC that are with you, that's the only thing that makes it difficult
    -The UI is ugly and not good, it's strange and does not fit
    -The guns are alright, the sound is really good and the motion tracker is cool.

sigh

Quote Originally Posted by King Süshi View Post
    “It’s a big, ambitious game,” Pitchford explained. “Some of the other studios involved, we decided that these guys are awesome. They did a lot of really valuable work. We’re not contractually obligated to put anybody’s credits there, but we value talent and respect talent. We wanted to make sure that those logos were there and that work was represented. In big efforts, that’s not an uncommon thing. You don’t usually see it up front.”

-translation-

"If the fans hate it we're blaming the other guys"
    It's their fault. Even if the decision to outsource came from Sega, Gearbox could have given it half the care and attention they did Borderlands 2 and it wouldn't have been necessary to get other studios involved. You can't take on such a huge project, basically the Aliens game fans have wanted since forever, have someone else make it, put your own studio's name on the box and then blame everyone else when it's shit.

[Level 8: Skynet]

Reading the reviews... man, sad.

Yeah... I think I'm just going to replay AvP2 instead.

Or AvP Arcade. Now they were fun.