Quantcast
How did you find Destructoid??? - Page 31
Destructoid   |   Tomopop   |   Japanator   |   Flixist   |   !
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    tl;dr Jim Sterling

Why wouldn't anyone want to read my wonderful story? It has everything. Deserts, starvation... jim sterling.

And that's one of the better stories and reasons to be here. Most people joining the forums these days dribble out something silly about twitching.

What is twitching?

It's where you shut off all brain functions and watch other people play games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    It's where you shut off all brain functions and watch other people play games.
    Well that just sounds horrible.

I don't get the whole watching other people play games thing. I know people that don't play games at all yet have an interest in them because of Lets Plays and the such. I can only watch informative and comedy videos about video games without getting bored.

There was a link somewhere in the internet that somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by noobspoon View Post
    I don't get the whole watching other people play games thing. I know people that don't play games at all yet have an interest in them because of Lets Plays and the such. I can only watch informative and comedy videos about video games without getting bored.
    For me there are certain games that I can't play or don't want to play, and a let's play is interesting to see. It can also help me decide if I will buy the game or not

I want to get into the Gaming Industry as well, so I figured blogging was the best first step!

Quote Originally Posted by FavianGraham View Post
    I want to get into the Gaming Industry as well, so I figured blogging was the best first step!
    That, and a ton of hand-jobs.

Don't be afraid to stroke the balls, either.

I did an image search on google to try and find the name of woman in a particular picture and this site popped up as one of the links. Still no name though.
    http://forum.destructoid.com/showthr...l=1#post940051
    Pic #11 of post 14484.

Found it while looking about for a new focusing crystal. Never did locate one, but I found some guy in a helmet, and his band of merry men. Looking back, it wasn't a trap after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Below Decks Watch View Post
    I did an image search on google to try and find the name of woman in a particular picture and this site popped up as one of the links. Still no name though.
    http://forum.destructoid.com/showthr...l=1#post940051
    Pic #11 of post 14484.
    99.9% of our forum members stumbled upon this site in the exact same fashion.

TRUE STORY.

How did I first hear of Dtoid???

BearSquid

I'm here due to Foom. I didn't even know that this was more than a news site until he joined.

There's a news site??

I can't seem to find a link, but I was Google searching for another contest, and a Dtoid one came up. The prize was for a PS3 or two Wiis. I believe you had to guess at some obscure PS1 game, with minimal clues. One guess a day.
    It was in the forums; a post by Niero himself I think.

After that, I made a shitty intro and was somehow sucked into the whirlpool.

RetroforceGO brought me here, when I was looking for some retro reviews and that popped up, a few Burch articles later and boosh! I was hooked. Lurked the early forums and front page for awhile, then trolled a bit under HillbillySk8 (only idiots). A couple years after that, switched to PhilK3nS3bb3n and went further and further down the rabbit hole, until I was involved with almost all parts of the site and y'all actually knew the creepy ass lurker that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    RetroforceGO brought me here, when I was looking for some retro reviews and that popped up, a few Burch articles later and boosh! I was hooked. Lurked the early forums and front page for awhile, then trolled a bit under HillbillySk8 (only idiots). A couple years after that, switched to PhilK3nS3bb3n and went further and further down the rabbit hole, until I was involved with almost all parts of the site and y'all actually knew the creepy ass lurker that is me.
    Pretty much the same for me. I found Dtoid (and eventually got into podcasts as as well) listening to that back in '09, iirc. I ended up getting into Dtoid not too long after that, but I didn't make an account (on the site or the forum) for a good deal longer.

A guy with the username of Dan CiTi posted a link to a Destructoid article over on the Absolutepunk.net forums. My memory is hazy but it was either Burch's Twilight Princess review or Jim's AssCreed 2 review. I was impressed that this site had the guts to call out the big guys on their bullshit. I stuck around because the writing and personality of the staff vibed with me in a way that no other gaming blog or publication did before or since.