Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 731

Thread: How did you find Destructoid???

  1. #541
    Pow! Right in the kisser!
    PappaDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Death Row
    Posts
    14,015
    So if I said you looked like Brian Crecente, you'd leave us!?

  2. #542
    [Level 3: Humanoid] Puhnkss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    87
    No, I'd probably just sit here in mildly annoyed. -I'm normally compared to attractive, famous, rich people!

  3. #543
    Pow! Right in the kisser!
    PappaDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Death Row
    Posts
    14,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Puhnkss View Post
    No, I'd probably just sit here in mildly annoyed. -I'm normally compared to attractive, famous, rich people!
    I thought you said Max Scoville though?

  4. #544
    [Level 3: Humanoid] Puhnkss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    87
    I know right? Twice in a month would just be too much!

  5. #545
    [Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1
    Hey everyone. I'm Rage47, but I take Rage for short. I've been gaming for...15 - 16 years to date. I first came across Destructoid when I was roaming across Twitch/Justin TV, and liked what I saw and signed up here. I'm not particularly used to forum posting, but I will try to do my best.

    In terms of what type of gamer I am, I consider myself a casual gamer. I can't see myself being a competitive/MLG gamer, i'd rather game for fun or amusement rather than for bragging rights or money. For what games I play, I try to vary what I play by genres and try to pay attention to what games interest me. Some of my favorite series are: Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Half Life, Gears of War, Marvel vs. Capcom, and Halo.

    Few random things i'd figure I throw in. Not that big on anime or anything like that, but I have interests in the Mobile Suit Gundam universe and FLCL. Few sports I like are basketball and American football (NFL). I am impartial to football, because of how much the fans emulate the love of their clubs. It's rather fascinating.

    ...That's all I can think of. So yeah, have at it then.

  6. #546
    Beast Master ZombiePlatypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    32,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage47 View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm Rage47, but I take Rage for short. I've been gaming for...15 - 16 years to date. I first came across Destructoid when I was roaming across Twitch/Justin TV, and liked what I saw and signed up here. I'm not particularly used to forum posting, but I will try to do my best.

    In terms of what type of gamer I am, I consider myself a casual gamer. I can't see myself being a competitive/MLG gamer, i'd rather game for fun or amusement rather than for bragging rights or money. For what games I play, I try to vary what I play by genres and try to pay attention to what games interest me. Some of my favorite series are: Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Half Life, Gears of War, Marvel vs. Capcom, and Halo.

    Few random things i'd figure I throw in. Not that big on anime or anything like that, but I have interests in the Mobile Suit Gundam universe and FLCL. Few sports I like are basketball and American football (NFL). I am impartial to football, because of how much the fans emulate the love of their clubs. It's rather fascinating.

    ...That's all I can think of. So yeah, have at it then.
    Welcome, bro. You should really start your own thread and post this in there though.

  7. #547
    [Level 2: Human] bwallach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Biddeford Maine
    Posts
    13
    I've been watching mashtactics on twitch.tv for oh some months now. I keep putting off posting to fourms and Now here I am.

  8. #548
    [Level 2: Human] 1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    31
    It fell out of the sky right on my head, still hurts =[

  9. #549
    [Level 6: Robot]
    Artful-dodgeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sidnee, Ostraya.
    Posts
    775
    Tapatalk. Came up as a suggestion.

  10. #550
    [Level 2: Human]
    MeowMistiDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    44
    I was looking for cookies but i found this instead. not very edible.

  11. #551
    [Level 4: Cyborg] Huntertony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mytchett, UK
    Posts
    236
    Was searching for animated gif's (for a laugh) and stumbled upon the site... haven't looked back since! (though it has been less than 24 hours )

  12. #552
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    lizzardpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,596
    Good question, i've known about dtoid since 2008 or 2009 through some site that i don't recall. Only the last 2, 3 years i've been an avid reader

  13. #553
    [Level 1: Fresh Meat] Innominatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    5
    I heard about Destructoid originally through Jim Sterling via the Jimquisition. I lurked the front pages for a while when I happened upon one of the postings about twitch TV. After a few weeks of hanging out with the guys over there, I decided to make an account here to see another part of the dtoid community.

  14. #554
    [Level 4: Cyborg]
    Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    101
    I originally heard of Destructoid from when Swiftor, I believe, was ending a broadcast of his, and decided to raid Destructoid's Twitch.tv channel. It was either that, or from a Youtube video from HBG that contained a snippet from what I am guessing was from Podtoid, Jim Sterling was talking about Hot Blooded Gaming in it. So, I heard from Destructoid from another community at least.

  15. #555
    The tag called: Gaming Community.

  16. #556
    [Level 5: Mech]
    keisal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    334
    I heard of you guys from Joystiq...I use to read them all the time. Now I read this all the time and Joystiq like once or twice a week...I feel like I have betrayed them

  17. #557
    Beast Master ZombiePlatypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    32,810
    Given time you won't read anything, and you'll feel as though you've given a final twist to that knife of betrayal you sunk into the back of video game blog sites in general.

    Yep.

  18. #558
    [Level 3: Humanoid]
    Solar20XX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gulfport, MS
    Posts
    57
    I heard of this place from the Playstation Network. Heard it was the best community that that person went to, and I agree.

  19. #559
    [Level 12: CHET]
    Sam Spectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    10,123
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Given time you won't read anything, and you'll feel as though you've given a final twist to that knife of betrayal you sunk into the back of video game blog sites in general.

    Yep.
    who has time to read video game blogs in the year 2012 when there are far more interesting things you could read on the internet

  20. #560
    Beast Master ZombiePlatypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    32,810
    Who reads on the internet? I just look at pictures.

Similar Threads

  1. Your greatest find
    By Reeper in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 06:55 AM
  2. Best way to find a roommate in the US?
    By Changston in forum Miscellaneous Help
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 03:36 PM
  3. Did you find it yet?
    By wardrox in forum The Bar
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 03:47 PM
  4. Where can I find this song?
    By twesterm in forum The Bar
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 10:43 AM
  5. Anybody else find themselves addicted...
    By Gamechamp in forum The Bar
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •