Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find Destructoid???

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    So if I said you looked like Brian Crecente, you'd leave us!?

No, I'd probably just sit here in mildly annoyed. -I'm normally compared to attractive, famous, rich people!

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Puhnkss View Post
    No, I'd probably just sit here in mildly annoyed. -I'm normally compared to attractive, famous, rich people!
    I thought you said Max Scoville though?

I know right? Twice in a month would just be too much!

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Hey everyone. I'm Rage47, but I take Rage for short. I've been gaming for...15 - 16 years to date. I first came across Destructoid when I was roaming across Twitch/Justin TV, and liked what I saw and signed up here. I'm not particularly used to forum posting, but I will try to do my best.

In terms of what type of gamer I am, I consider myself a casual gamer. I can't see myself being a competitive/MLG gamer, i'd rather game for fun or amusement rather than for bragging rights or money. For what games I play, I try to vary what I play by genres and try to pay attention to what games interest me. Some of my favorite series are: Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Half Life, Gears of War, Marvel vs. Capcom, and Halo.

Few random things i'd figure I throw in. Not that big on anime or anything like that, but I have interests in the Mobile Suit Gundam universe and FLCL. Few sports I like are basketball and American football (NFL). I am impartial to football, because of how much the fans emulate the love of their clubs. It's rather fascinating.

...That's all I can think of. So yeah, have at it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage47 View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm Rage47, but I take Rage for short. I've been gaming for...15 - 16 years to date. I first came across Destructoid when I was roaming across Twitch/Justin TV, and liked what I saw and signed up here. I'm not particularly used to forum posting, but I will try to do my best.

In terms of what type of gamer I am, I consider myself a casual gamer. I can't see myself being a competitive/MLG gamer, i'd rather game for fun or amusement rather than for bragging rights or money. For what games I play, I try to vary what I play by genres and try to pay attention to what games interest me. Some of my favorite series are: Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Half Life, Gears of War, Marvel vs. Capcom, and Halo.

Few random things i'd figure I throw in. Not that big on anime or anything like that, but I have interests in the Mobile Suit Gundam universe and FLCL. Few sports I like are basketball and American football (NFL). I am impartial to football, because of how much the fans emulate the love of their clubs. It's rather fascinating.

...That's all I can think of. So yeah, have at it then.
    Welcome, bro. You should really start your own thread and post this in there though.

I've been watching mashtactics on twitch.tv for oh some months now. I keep putting off posting to fourms and Now here I am.

It fell out of the sky right on my head, still hurts =[

[Level 6: Robot]
    Tapatalk. Came up as a suggestion.

[Level 2: Human]
    I was looking for cookies but i found this instead. not very edible.

Was searching for animated gif's (for a laugh) and stumbled upon the site... haven't looked back since! (though it has been less than 24 hours )

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Good question, i've known about dtoid since 2008 or 2009 through some site that i don't recall. Only the last 2, 3 years i've been an avid reader

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] Innominatus's Avatar
    I heard about Destructoid originally through Jim Sterling via the Jimquisition. I lurked the front pages for a while when I happened upon one of the postings about twitch TV. After a few weeks of hanging out with the guys over there, I decided to make an account here to see another part of the dtoid community.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I originally heard of Destructoid from when Swiftor, I believe, was ending a broadcast of his, and decided to raid Destructoid's Twitch.tv channel. It was either that, or from a Youtube video from HBG that contained a snippet from what I am guessing was from Podtoid, Jim Sterling was talking about Hot Blooded Gaming in it. So, I heard from Destructoid from another community at least.

The tag called: Gaming Community.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I heard of you guys from Joystiq...I use to read them all the time. Now I read this all the time and Joystiq like once or twice a week...I feel like I have betrayed them

Given time you won't read anything, and you'll feel as though you've given a final twist to that knife of betrayal you sunk into the back of video game blog sites in general.

Yep.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    I heard of this place from the Playstation Network. Heard it was the best community that that person went to, and I agree.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Given time you won't read anything, and you'll feel as though you've given a final twist to that knife of betrayal you sunk into the back of video game blog sites in general.

Yep.
    who has time to read video game blogs in the year 2012 when there are far more interesting things you could read on the internet

Who reads on the internet? I just look at pictures.