Thread: Call of Duty 4 + significant question mark

Call of Duty 4 + significant question mark

And another article from NexGen wars.
    http://nexgenwars.com/gaming_news/13...-Call-Of-Duty?

This one is interesting though... 16 impact points on your enemies head? shooting ears and making helmets spin? The chances for innuendo here are too numerous to take advantage of, so i'm gonna go ahead and let your imaginations do all the work.

Says in the article:
    Call of Duty 4 is said to step away from the war torn locales of World War II, instead focusing on the battlefields of present day. It is unknown if it will take the same path as Electronic Artsí Battlefield franchise, placing the spotlight on the Middle East.
    which is certainly unexpected. Who would have guessed?

This article is worth reading.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I just want to know where is Call of Duty 3 for the PC?

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    It ain't coming. CoD3 was for consoles only. As someone who owns both CoD 2 and 3, I can honestly say that you aren't missing much. I find 3 to lack a good deal of polish, and the online maps lack imagination. Everything about the game came off as "blah".

It is still fun to play, and the inclusion of multiplayer classes and a larger group of online players (16+? can't remember) are welcome additions. I'm fairly sure that the development of 3 was farmed out to another developer, while the main company began work on CoD4. This is (most likely) the explanation for the lack of quality on 3.

Long story short, it was fun, but not fun enough to pine for on the computer. Just keep playing CoD2 and imagine that you can throw the grenades back at enemies, and you should be A ok.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy
    It ain't coming. CoD3 was for consoles only. As someone who owns both CoD 2 and 3, I can honestly say that you aren't missing much. I find 3 to lack a good deal of polish, and the online maps lack imagination. Everything about the game came off as "blah".

It is still fun to play, and the inclusion of multiplayer classes and a larger group of online players (16+? can't remember) are welcome additions. I'm fairly sure that the development of 3 was farmed out to another developer, while the main company began work on CoD4. This is (most likely) the explanation for the lack of quality on 3.

Long story short, it was fun, but not fun enough to pine for on the computer. Just keep playing CoD2 and imagine that you can throw the grenades back at enemies, and you should be A ok.
    Damn you can throw them back? that is rad. COD the original was one of my favorite multiplayer games ever. So I am a sucker for this franchise on the PC. I just wished they had updates more often. Cod 2 has been on the pc for a couple of years and they have had 2 updates.

[Level 2: Human]
    No seriously, you're not missing much, I find CoD3 garbage.
    CoD2 was several hundred times better than 3, all that CoD3 really has going for them is the graphics, which aren't really very good

Call of Duty 3 is a pretty hollow game, from the lame close quarter combat 'scenes' and crappy storyline to the painful presentation, it's significantly weaker than it's predecessor.

Good thing Infinity Ward is back for CoD4, because IMO nobody can do Call of Duty right except for them, especially not Treyarch.

Keep in mind, this is all IMHO.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraViolence
    No seriously, you're not missing much,

Call of Duty 3 is a pretty hollow game, from the lame close quarter combat 'scenes' and crappy storyline to the painful presentation, it's significantly weaker than it's predecessor.
    I wish Ultraviolence had posted this before me, then I could've gotten away with a simple QFT. I think the close quarter combat scenes were an attempt to do something different, and I appreciated that. They still took you out of the game too much to be effective.

The storyline and presentation were the main crippling points. The single player campaign was damn near unplayable, and was filled with unforgettable characters and non-moments.

Literally the only reason to pick it up is if you want character classes in multiplayer, the ability to throw grenades back, and a much more drab color scheme than CoD2.

[Level 5: Mech]
    The only thing worth while in CoD is the multiplayer, imho. The game relies way too heavily on scripted events and I don't think it's that much fun when the enemies are in the exact same positions every map, and do the exact same thing. Another thing that bothers me is there's not enough unique NPC dialog, I played CoD 3 for about an hour and must have heard one of my American buddies yell "Outta Here" 100 times. That's just plain annoying.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    I remember reading a while ago that COD4 was going to be set in Vietnam. Personally I'd like another Infinity Ward WW2 iteration myself, I found COD3 disappointing.

Throwing back grenades is awesome, but it doesn't make up for the frustration at so many points. There are good types of difficult and bad... COD3 is the prime example of the bad.

I can see why people wouldn't like how scripted the levels are, but I think they do it well. It reminds me of the days of the PS1 RPG where your efforts were rewarded with an FMV every once in a while.

COD 3 single player sucked balls but the multiplayer is fun and i continue to play it almost daily. Treyarch's overall handling of the game was piss poor though and i'm glad Infinity W. will be back in charge for number 4.

Defiantly like to see a change of scenery though, perhaps the war in the Pacific side. I get bored of fighting in france, especially when you can't kill french people.

[Level 2: Human]
    I'm 98% that CoD4 will be based in MODERN times, not the pacific or vietnam, but the present.
    It's what I've heard from everywhere I've checked anyway.

Cuddly Cancer
    I personally don't care where they set the game as long as it has CoD 2 gameplay. The only things they need to add are better graphics and possibly some new innovative tweaks like the mentioned helmet spins but the overall gameplay needs to stay the same.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    CoD 2 isn't even done on my PC yet. And seeing as I just uninstalled it recently it would be a good time until I even get to CoD 3 on my 360.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    I look forward to the modern battlefield on a COD title. BF2 just didn't do it for me.

It may sound strange but I hope they stay away from vehicles. United Offensive had some really terrible vehicle code but I chalked that up to dealing with an engine that wasn't meant for vehicles.

That being said, too many games use vehicles as a crutch when really a solid infantry game would be a welcome relief.

COD2 is the most played game at the regular LAN party I attend, it's really a great great game. Any sequel would be hard to top it multiplayer wise.