PS FNF: July 18th
Welcome to the weekly Playstation Friday Night Fights planning thread. FNF is a community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS FNF community blog on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just follow the instructions below.
All times Eastern.
Originally Posted by Trev, Czar of the Friday Night Fights
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list here can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message here with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific title, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already. If you don't include these things, your game may not be listed. It is also helpful if you note lobby names, DLC requirements, or passwords as well.
In fact, just use this:
PSN: Your ID
Anything else we need to know
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, both here and on the blog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
BlazBlue: Hubbadabababa (PS3)
Time: 7 EST / 4 PST
Host: A stupid piece of shit
Soul Sacrifice Delta (Vita)
Time: 8 EST / 5 PST
Battlefield 4 (PS4)
10 EST / 7 PST
Host: The Defenestrator
Destiny Beta (PS4)
12 EST / 9 PST
Host: The Defenestrator
Time: (Approx.) 1 EST / 10 PST
Last edited by The Defenestrator; 07-17-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Because I am stupid I put the wrong date in the title. Would you mind changing it to July 18th? Or should we just leave it as a monument to my stupidity?
Woah woah woah. You're part of the FNF krewe now?
Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost
Yep. I figured since I'm hosting Battlefriends every week anyway, I might as well step up and contribute to the blogs and whatnot.
Originally Posted by Scield
Also, good news for Trev, if you've ever heard him go off on a tear about Overkill Studios/Payday 2: http://polygon.com/e/5661596
Also also, since I have Destiny pre-ordered, I should be getting two extra PS4 Beta codes. I'm thinking maybe we can collect names from anyone who joins in on PS4 FNF (and wants one) and draw names out of a hat for them or something?
Game: Soul Sacrifice Delta (Vita)
If the Destiny beta turns out to be the same thing we played a month ago, then we've seen all of it and I'll be playing Warframe instead. I'll check it out on Thursday and update if Wf should go on the schedule for reals.
Check if any of the regulars for this or other FNF need a code first. You know they'll play. FNF giveaways are not the most effective things.
Originally Posted by The Defenestrator
Edit: Looks like I also get two extra codes.
Last edited by Trev; 07-14-2014 at 08:51 AM.
PS FNF: July 18th
Fair enough, if any regs want a Beta code, let me know.
Originally Posted by Trev
From what I'm hearing, the beta file will be twice the size of the alpha and should contain story missions, a Strike event, and four different MP maps. I'm not seeing anything confirmed by Bungie yet, though.
When does the beta start? Is it on the 18th? I'll be on my PS3 but someday maybe will be on the god machine.
It starts Friday. And with the PS Store, that usually means an afternoon release.
Bungie's site says the codes go up on the 17th.
The last beta had a couple of story missions, one fuck around miniquest mission, and a couple events (deathwalker drop off and timed eyeball thing). It may only have had two multiplayer maps though.
YOU SHOULD ALL DO THE BETA ON THE PS3. THEN I WON'T BE LONELY.
Too late. Also peasant system.
Originally Posted by CornflakeJustice
I'm getting eu beta codes (ps4) is anyone wants one.
Sent from my C6903
I really like the word coif.
I suppose I should answer the email that asks me what I'm playing on.
id take PS4 destiny beta codes if anyone has spares to give out
has to be for america though. USA! USA!
I'll have three to hand out. My codes are way better. They come with candy.