Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: PAX Prime 2014

I was expecting more activity on this thread. Is Pax Prime still as big of a thing for the Dtoid community?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    It is, just not in the forums. Then again consider also the problem that tickets sell out so fast -- bc they're holding out -- so we would've also had a better turnout otherwise. From what I gather, Prime and East are the two biggest for dtoid meetups.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I thought Magfest was supposed to have a pretty decent Dtoid turnout, but I've never been to any of them so I can't say for sure.

Yeah it does too.

[Level 6: Robot]
    One day I'll go to something. PAX didn't seem to have near as big of a Dtoid turnout compared to last year though.

again, that's probably because of passes flying out the door

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Yeah, PAX Prime attendance from Dtoiders was very weak this year Of all the friends I talked to, it was 100% because they couldn't get tickets or couldn't afford it. Hoping next year people will have better luck.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Here are the photo's I took with my adopted Avatars!

I apologize in advance as I wrecked the photo's while drinking and gaming Sat night and I did not have any back ups for Sunday photos so it was one day only I was also hesitant to ask people with props to hold the pictures as some people gave me some weird looks when I asked them, lol.

I was surprised as I did not see a single Dtoid shirt/robot or anything all day Sat and Sun and no one approached me as I had my dtoid shirt on.

http://imgur.com/a/TXCOp#0

Getting ready for the 6am alarm to go off to start the drive to Seattle Sat morning

This girl was dancing the entire time non stop, every time we walked by she was dancing!

These girls didn't look overly happy but they held the pictures anyways, lol.

My sister in law as my wife didin't want to get in the photo. The tank was massive!

Me in front of the H1Z1 photo wall with my step children.

LCS with The Scholarly Gamer.

LCS with Bill Platt a.k.a chillybilly.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Dude, you didn't come to any of the Dtoid meetups! For shame!

Helmet was only present on Friday and Sunday because MuddBstrd and I were the only two who signed up to wear it. I was going to do it again on Monday, but then I remembered I had to leave early to catch the train so we just canned it. Hopefully next year we can have more people show up and volunteer.

Man, I look good in all those pictures, even the one I wasn't in!

Thanks Mix, for taking me along with you, you're the absolute best. Definitely better than that Andy guy..Pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    Dude, you didn't come to any of the Dtoid meetups! For shame!

Helmet was only present on Friday and Sunday because MuddBstrd and I were the only two who signed up to wear it. I was going to do it again on Monday, but then I remembered I had to leave early to catch the train so we just canned it. Hopefully next year we can have more people show up and volunteer.
    Well my group and I watched LCS...lol

We had no idea where anything was and got lost a few times. Got directions to go to the Paramount and they gave us the wrong building to go to, lol. I just thought that we would have ran into some dtoid people as we ventured around!

Quote Originally Posted by ChillyBilly View Post
    Man, I look good in all those pictures, even the one I wasn't in!

Thanks Mix, for taking me along with you, you're the absolute best. Definitely better than that Andy guy..Pfft.
    Awesome, glad you like them and your welcome!!

The funniest thing I think was the insanely large amount of homeless people wanting to buy Pax Tickets. One guy bought a Sat ticket from a guy while we were waiting at the Cheesecake factory for $10, the thing is it was like 8pm on Saturday......No idea what these guys try to do with the tickets.

Also, not having a cell phone or internet was terrible as every time I got back to my hotel my phone lit up with PAX deals and free food/gift offerings and such. Maybe next year I will get a roaming package for the 2 days.....

Nah Andy is cool

I have some PAX LoL skins for Kayle and MF that can be used outside of NA.

Did anyone gfrom outside of NA go to PAX? Can share the code and I am also looking for a Riot Ward skin....since I had no cell I didn't know that you had to tell a Rioter that "I love warding" to get the code as I spoke with a ton and fist bumped 2 of them!