OH, forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PAX South 2015

5,949 posts since Aug 2009

PAX South 2015

Tickets just went on sale for the very first PAX South. Did you get yours (I got mine)? Where do people plan on staying? I took a look at the website for the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center and it said that there's a Grand Hyatt, a Marriott, and a Hilton adjacent to the center. Do we want to try to get a Destructoid floor going?

And yes, I know that it really sucks that this is happening the same weekend as MAGfest.

Just bought a Saturday pass for me and the husband. Can't believe the 3 days were already gone.

Yeah, I think that I read that the 3 day badges sold out in about 90 minutes. I was lucky to get my tickets early because I had twitter alerts set up for the official PAX twitter account and for Robert Khoo. Managed to get a badge for me and my wife.

Y'all know which hotel you're going to stay at. We decided on the Sheraton Gunter.

No idea yet. Still considering cosplay options.

Oooh, I haven't even thought of cosplay. I used to do a pretty good Luigi for Halloween for a few years. Maybe I'll bring it back and get my death stare going.

I am in San Antonio and am definitely attending.

Sweet!

I'm going to try to do MAGFest instead.

Dexter, why must you constantly sadden me. First it was last year's MAGfest ("It was the 'weather'." Right). Then my NARP ("It's too far to drive from Phoenix to Austin." Wuss). And now this! I'm beginning that you just don't want to actually meet me. Why are you so afraid?!

Seriously though, I totally understand wanting to do MAGfest. I'm actually kinda sad that I won't be going to MAGfest. The people that I met last year were amazing and I'm totally going to miss the shit out of them this year. But I've never been to a PAX, and it's a lot cheaper to drive to San Antonio than it is to fly to D.C.

Well, I was waffling between the two, but the decision was sort of made for me when PAX South sold out. :P

Just giving this a little bump. Who else is going?

I'm going, live 30 minutes from Sa.

Don't feel bad, Puppy. He ditched me at the Phoenix Comicon, where he was living at the time, for some rinky dink expo in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    Don't feel bad, Puppy. He ditched me at the Phoenix Comicon, where he was living at the time, for some rinky dink expo in Vegas.
    Dex has a gambling problem: confirmed.

I know that nobody except me and DJ Puppy care, but I finally got my travel arrangements squared away for this. The husband and I will be flying in on Friday early evening and departing Sunday morning. I'd love to make some arrangements to meet up with peeps since I miss you guys so much already.

That's good to hear. The wife and I should be there by mid day Friday. I think Sean only has a Saturday pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, will have to fit all the PAXing in then and spend the rest of the time being all touristy.

San Antonio is a good city to do the tourist thing.

2 posts since Jan 2015
    This is my first post on these forums, but I post on the DToid site fairly often. I'd be down to meet up someplace if there is a plan to do so. I will be coming with some friends and co-workers. I am staying right next door to the convention center and I'll be there all three days.

2 posts since Jan 2015
    Not sure if my other post went though since it's not showing up... but I am down for a dtoid meetup if you guys have a spot in mind. I got a room right next to the convention center, so the Riverwalk would be a handy place to get a drink or whatever. This is only a few weeks away now, and I am stoked to go.