Thread: Reintroducing myself

[Level 2: Human] HappyDayWarrior's Avatar

Reintroducing myself

Hello basement dwellers! I have been here before, but I didn't really do a good job of it. This being my second try, I want to start it off right.

My name is Erik, and I really enjoy playing video games. Not sure that I have a favorite genre, so let's skip that, but here is a list of my all time favorites.

Pretty much any Sierra OnLine Game
    Pretty much any LucasArt game I played before I graduated high school (1994)
    Super Mario World
    Final Fantasy II on SNES (this is FF4, right?)
    Chrono Trigger
    Jet Moto 1 and 2
    The original Battle Arena Toshinden
    Street Fighter II Turbo
    MegaMan 2
    Warcraft, and World of Warcraft
    All of Wing Commander, including the really shitty movie
    Toejam and Earl

I am also an arcade kid. I absolutely love pinball, in any form, as well as Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Centipede (my favorite), Breakout, Galaga, etc... My big goal is to fill my garage with some of the 80's arcade and pinball cabinets I played as a kid. That said, I have a soft spot for the 90's beat em up machines from the 90's, like Simpsons, TMNT, and the couple of Marvel games that came out.

Speaking of Marvel, I like comic books, kinda... I read everything I could get my hands on back in the day. Wanted to be a pencil person at one point. My drive died awhile ago, but I still draw stuff, from time to time. I even have a job offer from Marvel, tucked away with my personal stuff, after they sent it almost 10 years after I sent in my portfolio. That said, I'm not that great of an artist, but I got a shit-ton of ideas. None of which involve a Sinister Six being Spider-Man. 'nuff said. That said, I was always drawn more towards the off-stuff, which happened to be Flaming Carrot, Preacher, Cerebus, Groo, and (my hipster card), the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. TMNT was literally two guys on a subway that liked dinosaurs. They made a fucking empire. Pretty rad.

So... Intro post is already long. Gonna cut it off here, but! I also love music, and can play piano, alto saxophone, bass, and guitar. I can sing, when I'm drunk, and it's back-up vocals. I enjoy a broad range of music, but my favorites are jazz, ska, punk, reggae, and that one band you never heard of before. Actually, they suck, but I have to have something, right?

Can I say "that said" one more time?
    Last edited by HappyDayWarrior; 07-06-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Oh yeahhhh, I remember seeing you'd got banned.

What happened dude?

I didn't get banned, actually. I was trying too hard to fit in, got called out on it by Rev, and decided I didn't belong here. What I should have done was just step back, but I PM'd Mxy to nuke my account instead. This time around, I'm just going to ease in to the community.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Thats right. Ease it in. Inch by inch. Like a gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDayWarrior View Post
    I didn't get banned, actually. I was trying too hard to fit in, got called out on it by Rev, and decided I didn't belong here. What I should have done was just step back, but I PM'd Mxy to nuke my account instead. This time around, I'm just going to ease in to the community.
    Ohhh, I just remember seeing one of your posts and it saying 'pwned' or 'banned' or something like that next to it. Seemed kind of bizarre.

Just do what Phil said and let him ease into you or whatever.

Casta Fierce

Welcome back to Destructoid, I got chewed out too, but it was from a troll instead. Try to be careful this time, but I have a feeling you may end up messing up and I have a feeling I may end up messing up too as it seems like it is only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Thats right. Ease it in. Inch by inch. Like a gentlemen.
    I'll try, goes against my slutty nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    Ohhh, I just remember seeing one of your posts and it saying 'pwned' or 'banned' or something like that next to it. Seemed kind of bizarre.

Just do what Phil said and let him ease into you or whatever.
    Why don't we just say the official story is I got banned for saying Goat Simulator was a better Tony Hawk game than the last few Tony Hawk games?

Quote Originally Posted by Casta Fierce View Post

Welcome back to Destructoid, I got chewed out too, but it was from a troll instead. Try to be careful this time, but I have a feeling you may end up messing up and I have a feeling I may end up messing up too as it seems like it is only a matter of time.
    Nah, I think I am good to go this time. Nice to meet you Glitter. Good luck this time around.

Bye-bye, we love you.
    Why don't we just say the official story is I got banned for saying Goat Simulator was a better Tony Hawk game than the last few Tony Hawk games?
    Why would you be banned for telling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    Because THEY don't want anyone to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OpiumHerz View Post
    Because THEY don't want anyone to know.
    My paranoia prevents me from responding truthfully. Bobby is a helluva man.

[Level 6: Robot]
    the valley of golden magical singing cheeses
    The original Battle Arena Toshinden
    correct.

welcome.

now go frolic with the rest of us.

I played Battle Arena Toshinden 2, which was good.

Only monsters like Battle Arena Toshinden.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    With the exception of WoW, we have similar tastes in games. HI!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Morgan View Post
    With the exception of WoW, we have similar tastes in games. HI!
    I should clarify the WoW comment. I played WoW through vanilla, Burning Crusade, and had an absolute blast. I had friends from a previous MMO, and my brother. I had so much fun! When WotLK came, we all tried, but we all had burnout. We all dropped the game. My brother and I haven't been back since. I listed WoW as one of my favorites, due to the time period. I had so much fun playing it when I did. I haven't played in years, but I look fondly on the time I did, and I have a ton of people I still talk to because of it.

Would really love a new Warcraft game.

I do enjoy a good game of pinball. Also, nice to see somebody else who's musically inclined - I did color guard and played clarinet in high school/college.

Quote Originally Posted by KyWii View Post
    I do enjoy a good game of pinball. Also, nice to see somebody else who's musically inclined - I did color guard and played clarinet in high school/college.
    I love kids that play a mean game of pinball! Also, do you still play clarinet? I only recently picked up my sax again, and I suck so bad...

I try to play in a small community band, but honestly I'm in and out of it. I was in some very good groups when I was in college though.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] IayaCakes's Avatar
    So you are playing Chrono Trigger.. Yeah that's cool game.

Welcome back, sir.