Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: DTOID CARDS: THE REBIRTHENING

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]

DTOID CARDS: THE REBIRTHENING

Char's written up a great piece about what used to happen here. We need to bring that shit back.
    http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Cha...s-272655.phtml

Template: https://www.dropbox.com/s/niv871glj7...20Template.psd

Destructoid Font: http://modernmethod.com/2010/04B_03B_.TTF

Move descriptions use Myriad Pro. You can replace it with any other plain looking font (preferably Calibri/Arial/Tahoma, same size) if you don't have Photoshop.
    The size for the stroke/outline is 2.

Size Guide:

Of course you can make the text smaller if it doesn't fit.

Album: http://destructoidcards.tumblr.com/
    Last edited by Everyday Legend; 04-10-2014 at 01:32 PM.

I might be in on this.

Still responds to BLOO
    Fun fact: I was a cunt hair away from getting the last one made in the original series. The woman who made/helped make(I don't remember clearly) the Dtoid emoticons on the forums got in, which I have no problem putting over.

The guy who made them would sometimes just go into Dtoid IRC and straight up say, "first one to reply gets the next one".

I've no idea but YEAH LET'S

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Wow. People here did really cool stuff back then.
    I want in on this. Mind if I screw around with the template and maybe come up with a new one?

Still responds to BLOO
    The previous one was yu-gi-oh inspired maybe go for other popular card games for a template to work with is all I'd say

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    Who wants to be my valentine?

No Yughurt Oh pls

Sounds like a goddamn great idea. I sent a message to Andy and Occam's about it so hopefully we can get some more promotion for this and get more people involved.

I can come up with a few ideas for cards. Let me start thinking.

So I tried my hand at coming up with a new template because I was bored.

I used the updated version of Destructoid's logo and took some elements from the frontpage to make the card design match the site's current look and feel while keeping it similar to the original design. You can change the colour of your name, the background and the border around your picture to whatever you want. Needless to say, you also choose the icons for the moves.

This is just a sample with random text so no, I'm not breaking the rules by making a card for myself which is so totally not the reason why I did this.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    That looks great, Luna.

I'd be interested in getting in on this though I don't really have much in the way of picture editing software to work with outside of a fairly basic pixel art editor and paint.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantHige View Post
    I'd be interested in getting in on this though I don't really have much in the way of picture editing software to work with outside of a fairly basic pixel art editor and paint.
    GIMP is free and powerful.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Sy View Post
    So I tried my hand at coming up with a new template because I was bored.

I used the updated version of Destructoid's logo and took some elements from the frontpage to make the card design match the site's current look and feel while keeping it similar to the original design. You can change the colour of your name, the background and the border around your picture to whatever you want. Needless to say, you also choose the icons for the moves.

This is just a sample with random text so no, I'm not breaking the rules by making a card for myself which is so totally not the reason why I did this.
    Do you have the pdf or equivalent document?

I have the .psd file. Though I can make a blank/default card as well. Give me a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Corduroy Turtle View Post
    That looks great, Luna.
    Thank you

If your're too lazy to download and install stuff, you could always use this: https://pixlr.com/editor/

Besides, you could always... uhm... ask someone else to do the editing... and just provide the text... You can't make a card for yourself anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Sy View Post
    I have the .psd file. Though I can make a blank/default card as well. Give me a sec.

Thank you

If your're too lazy to download and install stuff, you could always use this: https://pixlr.com/editor/

Besides, you could always... uhm... ask someone else to do the editing... and just provide the text... You can't make a card for yourself anyways...
    It's not an issue of laziness, I'm just a code guy, not an UI/photo/graphics kind of guy. As for not making your own, yeah I know that. I just refuse to ask someone for something without being able to give something in return. I hate feeling like I owe people if I can avoid it.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    This is pretty fresh.

That design is pretty sweet Luna, I think we should keep that instead of just taking a design from some other game. Would you mid uploading the template somewhere for everyone to grab? Or just attach it here through the forums, if possible?

It's not an issue of laziness, I'm just a code guy, not an UI/photo/graphics kind of guy. As for not making your own, yeah I know that. I just refuse to ask someone for something without being able to give something in return. I hate feeling like I owe people if I can avoid it.
    I understand. If you change your mind though and want someone to make a card for you, just go ahead and ask

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Do you have the pdf or equivalent document?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpiumHerz View Post
    That design is pretty sweet Luna, I think we should keep that instead of just taking a design from some other game. Would you mid uploading the template somewhere for everyone to grab? Or just attach it here through the forums, if possible?
    Template (.psd file, you can open that in GIMP I think): https://www.dropbox.com/s/niv871glj7...20Template.psd
    Gee, I sure hope none of my personal information is in that file and/or Dropbox link
    Seriously though, does the link work? I'm having trouble downloading my own file XD. I'm not sure if it's my internet's fault.

PNG (Though you can't change the background & border colour using this):

Destructoid Font: http://modernmethod.com/2010/04B_03B_.TTF

The download works, the layers are there too. But I have problems actually editiing the text (using GIMP).

EDIT: Okay, I found out that Photoshop text layers are apparently not compatible with GIMP? Dayum.

EDIT 2: can you save it in xcf format?