Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dtoid Southwest NARP

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]

Dtoid Southwest NARP

UPDATE: We're a month away! Remember, if you are thinking of coming, be sure to send me a message either here, on social media, or email.

So what originally started as trying to get a few Texans together for a monthly gaming thing (Juegos Rancheros for those interested) ended up involving a few people from Arizona as well. One thing led to another and now I am eagerly anticipating on holding another NARP. But this time, instead of restricting it to only Austin or Texas in general, I'm including everybody, but specifically the American Southwest.

What does this mean for you? Well, if you have the cognitive capacity to read and understand the words that I'm typing, and you live in one of the states colored in in the above pic, then it means that I'm inviting you to my house on Saturday, July 26th. Really, any and every Dtoider is invited if you think you can make it.

There is more planning that I'll have to do, but I just wanted to make sure that everybody knew about it and kept it on their radars. Any and all suggestions/ideas/letting me know you'll be there are greatly appreciated. Feel free to post something here, on my twitter (@djnealb), or you can email me (djnealb@gmail.com). In the meantime...

...and I hope to see y'all real soon.

UPDATE:
    If you plan on going, or think that you might be going (but maybe aren't quite 100% sure), please contact me so that I can add your name to the list of people to expect. The better idea of how many people to expect, the better I can plan this. I know it's still a bit early, but if you're from out of state, it may be best to start planning now. You can contact me either through a PM here on the forums, via Facebook, twitter, or you can email me on gmail (just put my username before the @)
    Last edited by djnealb; 06-26-2014 at 03:46 PM.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    I can't go. So....um...

Let's just do a global NARP in Germany.

Frodo Bangins
    It would be tough but I know the lady friend and I want to go to visit Dallas around that time so. Potentially?

[Level 6: Robot]
    Hmmmm....I have been talking to my wife about planning a trip to see my family in New Braunfels around that time. Maybe I could take the quick jump over to Austin....

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

I really want to go. Problem is, both my wife and my daughter have birthdays in July, and I have 5 weeks until new baby hits the living room.

I think I might be down and out for the rest of 2014, unless you're doing something within two hours drive.

Wolf Master
    I mapped it out to see what it would be like to drive from Phoenix to Austin, and it would be a real pain. 1000 miles, something like 14 hours. Hopefully I can get a decent flight though. Count me in, tentatively.

You'd think I have a lot longer to drive, but I don't - 1118 miles from Daytona Beach to Austin.

I ran it past husband. We should be able to make it down for this.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I dunno guys. Austin is like two hours away. So... I'll be there with bells on.

Your info says Vermont, but you're two hours away? We can't all have private jets, sir. At least do me a solid and pick me up.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday Legend View Post
    You'd think I have a lot longer to drive, but I don't - 1118 miles from Daytona Beach to Austin.
    The states get big on this side of the country.

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Eclipse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadtalfryn View Post
    I dunno guys. Austin is like two hours away. So... I'll be there with bells on.
    Would you guys be willing to record a Radio Destructoid remote from the NARP?

That is literally the same argument that I give as the reason that there needs to be a PAX South in Austin. Just add an extra 2000 miles between here and Seattle/Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Eclipse View Post
    FINALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    Would you guys be willing to record a Radio Destructoid remote from the NARP?
    Heck yeah!

So, if enough people say they'll be there (which it looks like is well on it's way to happening ), I was thinking of everybody meeting somewhere first for food, drink & games (or just drink and games (or just drink)), and then making our way to my place for the rest of the night. Maybe Dave & Busters or Pinballz Arcade (which is BYOB). Those are both on the north side of Austin, so they're much closer to my house.

Wolf Master
    My vote would be Pinballz Arcade, if only because I could go to Dave & Buster's any time I wanted.

Always choose the place that's the least corporate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    My vote would be Pinballz Arcade, if only because I could go to Dave & Buster's any time I wanted.
    Very true. The only reason I throw D&B in there is because of it's size and parking availability.

Always choose the place that's the least corporate.
    That would absolutely be Pinballz. Plus, who doesn't love pinball games. For anyone curious as to what Pinballz is, check out there site and take the tour.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Wait, there's a D&B in Phoenix? Shit, I've just been going to Castles & Coasters and playing retro games and shit...

I have a suspended license because I'm an Outlaw, so I can't drive. If I can get employed again and I can get my roommate to feed my dogs while I'm gone, I might be able to get a cheap flight. Count me as tentative.

Great! I've got you down.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    Wait, there's a D&B in Phoenix? Shit, I've just been going to Castles & Coasters and playing retro games and shit...
    Dave and Buster's is at Tempe Marketplace. If you're on the west side, Castles & Coasters probably makes more sense.

Neal, is this scheduled around the same time as a Juegos Rancheros?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    If you're on the west side.

*plays semi-broken NBA Jam pinball machine at ghetto amusement park outside half-shut down mall*