Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS FNF: January 24th

[Level 6: Robot]

PS FNF: January 24th

Welcome to the weekly Friday Night Fights planning thread. FNF is a Destructoid community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS FNF community blog on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just follow the instructions below.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev, Czar of the Friday Night Fights
    To play:
    Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list here can change several times throughout the week.

Leave a message here with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.[/color]

Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.

To host:
    If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific title, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already. If you don't include these things, your game may not be listed. It is also helpful if you note lobby names, DLC requirements, or passwords as well.

Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.

Check the comments, both here and on the blog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
    PLAY MORE GAMES YO!

All times Eastern.

Game: (PS3/PS4/Vita)
    Time:
    Host:
    PSN:

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Get a PS4. Italicize your life.

Game: Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
    Time: 10p
    Host: Trev
    PSN: ElZilcho

Game: Warframe (PS4)
    Time: 12a
    Host: Trev
    PSN: ElZilcho

Is your clan really SOUP?
    That will likely happen when MGS comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by KymikoLoco View Post
    PS3 version for life.

Game: The Last of Us
    Time: 9 PM EST
    Host: Marche100
    PSN: TSG-Marche100

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Yeah if they deliver a game I don't hate then I might consider buying a console for it. Let's see if they're capable of doing that. Until then I'm going with the PS3 version. The thought of paying nearly 400 for a prologue to MGS5 makes me feel quite unwell. Made that mistake with MGS4 already.

Quote Originally Posted by KymikoLoco View Post
    Good! I want to get everyone into a game of Killzone and stop relying on a random in Warframe that I am obligated to kill with laser traps.

Quote Originally Posted by thymeparadox View Post
    Yeah if they deliver a game I don't hate then I might consider buying a console for it. Let's see if they're capable of doing that. Until then I'm going with the PS3 version. The thought of paying nearly 400 for a prologue to MGS5 makes me feel quite unwell. Made that mistake with MGS4 already.
    Your face is dumb.

Buying the console with arguably the worst library at the time so that I could experience the biggest disappointment of my gaming career? You are right, that was pretty dumb.

Stay hating, Trev.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    MGS4 gave us Gray Fox-ified Raiden which then gave us Revengeance. $599 US DOLLARS console is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephzilla View Post
    MGS4 gave us Gray Fox-ified Raiden which then gave us Revengeance. $599 US DOLLARS console is justified.
    Let's not forget that epic final battle, all of act 4, and Metal Gear Online.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Rex vs Ray Kaiju Battle on Shadow Moses

Quote Originally Posted by Sephzilla View Post
    Rex vs Ray Kaiju Battle on Shadow Moses
    Yea, this ALONE was worth the price.

I watched the intro of Revengeance, the part with Ray and the clock tower. That game is ridiculous.

Buying the console with arguably the worst library at the time so that I could experience the biggest disappointment of my gaming career? You are right, that was pretty dumb.

Stay hating, Trev.
    Hey Chickenlegs, how about to stop sassing me and host some Soul Sacrifice this week?

I missed out last week because the invite system between Vita and PS3 kind of doesn't work how I think it should, ended up watching Star Trek instead. I don't have all the dope bosses unlocked like everyone else does because I haven't had the game as long, isn't this a problem?

a bunch of sass
    I guess you should be finishing the story instead of sitting around being wrong about MGS4 then, huh?

I should be finishing the story too... :S Oh and I need to get rock armor. I have to go through Chapter one to do that though. Maybe that's how I'll spend some of my gaming hours this week instead of beating down the Vanu an Terran scum. Stupid sexy Planetside 2...

I remember why I hadn't finished the story now... Illecebra is *tough*.

That's where I'm up to. I dunno though, I'm finding the story to be a bit easy mode so I lack the motivation to finish it. I think I failed the first slime encounter, but I haven't really had too much trouble besides that. I like the story but I have a lot more fun doing the more challenging optional quests. Love the game overall, but I don't know why developers do this, people who want easy games do not buy Monster Hunter or anything remotely similar to it.

Last edited by Trev; 01-22-2014 at 01:34 PM.

I loved roasted garlic... I recently roasted my own red peppers and OMG if you've never peeled the skin off of a pepper you have NEVER lived.

Make it. It's amazing. I also made it will red and yellow bell peppers when I forgot to buy onions, and last time with some sliced Italian sausages I did in a pan.