So uh. I've been making comics for destructoid for three weeks now! i do it out of pure love for the site and the community (even though they're not as good as they could be).
Before starting drawing idiot things and posting them on the c-blogs, i went back and checked some of the previous attempts at making a weekly comic for the site and the whole thing was based on a great idea: anyone could write it!
Above is one of the first pages of the destructoid comic drawn by Mikey back in 2010.
This was an interconnected story where mikey would take the suggestions of the people in the comments to write what happened next.
I would like to bring this idea back, albeit not as an interconnected story but rather small isolated strips. think of a newspaper comic strip as an example. I've only made three comics so far but i feel like i have improved in regards of pacing and proper panel division. However, coming up with ideas can be a bit hard when you are alone.
This is the most recent comic.
I would like to make strips that are reflective of some aspects of gaming culture today.
also reflective of weiners
This is why i would like to make a writing (and/or drawing) team out of the community, where i know many talented people reside. Anyone can submit an idea, or hell, an entire comic if you like. I want COMICTOID to be a community outlet, and i want it to stay weekly for a long time.
The rules are simple.
- Write an idea in this thread: It can be just a sentence, a whole comic written down or even an expression. anything can get creative juices flowing. ANYTHING. think of what makes you angry or happy in video games or just make up something.
- Add to other people's ideas: Reply with your approval or add something that might make the idea funnier or more interesting. you are making up a stupid story with a bunch of drunken friends.
- It can be as STUPID AS YOU WANT: Boners? Sure! Wieners? absolutely! Swearing? i encourage it!. Write anything!
- Just don't be an asshole: you know... don't be an asshole
- I can draw it! i can post it! and you can too!: I will gladly draw a comic every monday using an idea of my own or by combining the ones here, but if you'd like to draw one and post it yourself you are more than welcome to! just make sure to properly credit those whose ideas you've used and title it COMICTOID when posting on the cblogs. You can post sketches and rough drafts here and give feedback all you want! having as many comics posted on destructoid as possible is my intention.
I usually draw like this. i love pineapples
I am going draw a comic for every monday in my community blog. please PLEASE help me write it!Two of my previous comics started out as what ifs. More specifically, "what if sheppard went feral and started eating his entire crew alive?" or "What if Isabelle from animal crossing was a crazy sadist?"
So i'll start with this one thought:
What if samus was a grill?