Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Warframe (aka SPACE NINJAS)

On my PC account (had to stop playing as my laptop is really bad) I think i brought the poison one and volt

So early on should I focus on getting more warframes or weapons early on? And any guides as to which weapons/warframes do/don't suck?

[Level 5: Mech]
    You'll probably want to focus on buying weapon blueprints, making them in the Foundry and then leveling them up to max. More blueprints unlock when you rank up so keep using different weapons and you'll get access to more. You'll start hitting bosses pretty early on that drop Warframe parts. Keep farming those until you get the helmet, the systems and the chassis. Then buy the Warframe blueprint from the Market, find an Orokin Cell, and cook that sucker up.

As far as which ones are good, it depends on what kind of play style you like. If you like being a damage dealer, the Rhino is a great choice. Ember and Nova are excellent too but they aren't as tough as the Rhino. Ember's World On Fire and Nova's Molecular Prime kill all the things.

If you want to be a support character, Trinity is the only Warframe that can heal. Loki and Nyx are also great support characters but focus more on crowd control and misdirection. Vauban's a good crowd control character too but you're unlikely to find his parts easily since they only show in random alert missions.

If you want a little of both, Frost is really good but can't be farmed until pretty far in. Mag is a solid bet. Not very flashy but definitely functional. People are down on Volt for some reason but his Overload ability is boss. Saryn is kind of like Mag, only her abilities are poison-based.

The only ones I'd avoid are Nekros and Valkyr. Valkyr is meant to be a front line fighter but her shields are shite so she goes down easily. Nekros looks really cool but his raising the dead ability isn't effective for anything but putting up a meat shield between you and the enemies. He's excellent to have around for farming resources with his Desecrate ability but that's about it.

I don't see many Ash or Banshee frames running around and Excaliburs disappear pretty early on, so I can't comment much about those.

Nekros seems pretty good at the defense missions, strange how he is the only 100k frame though.

[Level 2: Human]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kir View Post
    Any recommendations for a decent /good Ps4 headset?
    I use a rocketfish headset sometimes when I'm not using the PS4 one.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm finally building my Ogris, the super OP rocket launcher. I've had the blueprint for a couple of weeks but I needed to get the right parts for it. Five different Detonite Injectors at 15K credits a pop and 12 hours each to make. And a Forma. All said, it's nearly 100,000 credits to build. But it's going to be worth it.

After seeing how Clockwork-Zombie and Trev basically solo'd the first seven or eight rounds of a Defense mission without me having to fire a shot, I'm pretty sold on it.

That sounds like the most expensive and yet worthwhile weapon to have o.o

Just don't blow yourself up with it. The splash damage is a bitch.

All my plans of suicide nova... Ruined...

I started using the Ogris yesterday night and I'm not sure how people blow themselves up, to be honest. I damage my shields occasionally but that's it. By the time I charge up another shot, they're back. And since my main frame is Trinity, I can just cast Blessing and fire all willy nilly. Good weapon.

I fucking finally finished my goddamn motherfucking second Warframe blog: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/The...y-268921.phtml

After Firefox crashed and I lost my first draft (which led me to install a text caching add on) which then led to Firefox crashing whenever I tried to use the Warframe wiki, it took me forever to friggin' write. I'm just glad to be done with it.

*edit: didn't realize publishing a blog that started a few days ago published it at the time you started it. Re-published it so it shows up in today's blogs*
    Last edited by The Defenestrator; 01-13-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Nice blog! I'm using a gallatine on my rhino as you said and it is amazing (speced for charge attacks)

[Level 6: Robot]
    I should probably get the parts for Trinity while they're on an easy boss and not out on Bumblefuck, Pluto. I can't help it. I like support shit even if it has really stupid lobster tails and toilet seat hats.

Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    *edit: didn't realize publishing a blog that started a few days ago published it at the time you started it. Re-published it so it shows up in today's blogs*
    I write everything in google docs and just paste it in when it's time to post. I recommend it.

Nekros seems pretty good at the defense missions, strange how he is the only 100k frame though.
    Terrify is an excellent panic button. It's not as good for sustained defense as Nyx's Chaos, but Chaos doesn't actually stop enemies from attacking you or the objective (I failed one when I Chaos'd a heavy gunner that was right on the objective just to get the stun and afterward she went right back to just shooting it and my rando teammates were off giving each other handies or something instead of helping). Terrify makes them all stop shooting and run away. Shadows isn't as good as Chaos, but it serves the same purpose, and you can desecrate the summoned enemies when they go down. Not sustainable, but I do it anyway because that one time I pull a coolant leak out of a summoned electric crawler is going to be amazing. He's also good for survival because Desecrate squeezes life support packs from enemies along with loot.

He's really expensive though (plus 3 orokin cells) and his parts come from late game stuff that requires a couple layers of keys and some luck. Best to plan on using something else for quite a while.

Vote Trev/Nekros for Space President 20XX!

I've tried ember, nova, mag and rhino. My favourite so far is nova, them fireworks.
    Currently heading to loki and then maybe nyx

Nice blog! I'm using a gallatine on my rhino as you said and it is amazing (speced for charge attacks)
    I just Forma'd my Galatine when I realized I could spec it for charge attacks that do 1220 damage on a 2 second charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Terrify is an excellent panic button. It's not as good for sustained defense as Nyx's Chaos, but Chaos doesn't actually stop enemies from attacking you or the objective (I failed one when I Chaos'd a heavy gunner that was right on the objective just to get the stun and afterward she went right back to just shooting it and my rando teammates were off giving each other handies or something instead of helping). Terrify makes them all stop shooting and run away. Shadows isn't as good as Chaos, but it serves the same purpose, and you can desecrate the summoned enemies when they go down. Not sustainable, but I do it anyway because that one time I pull a coolant leak out of a summoned electric crawler is going to be amazing. He's also good for survival because Desecrate squeezes life support packs from enemies along with loot.
    I like it when you play Nekros because you know what you're doing with it. If I'm playing my Trinity, I know to keep Blessing going and if I'm playing my Ember I know to run around with World On Fire going... with Nekros I feel like I'm just kind of hanging out and hitting Desecrate now and then. Kind of a personal preference thing, I guess.

Fucking energy siphon at like 3am. The day I go to bed at a nearly reasonable hour, that happens.

Even more annoying: I woke up for other reasons, checked my phone for the time, out of curiosity looked at twitter, saw it, and missed it by a couple of minutes while the game was booting up.

Why doesn't god want me to have plat, guys? Why?

Okay, the game gave me all three Frost parts in four tries. Now I'm wondering how it's going to punish me.

New update is live. Let's see how much they broke in order to fix other stuff...

What number are we on?

I googled it like someone that doesn't suck.

11.5.8. Continuous rifles not ruined for us. That's 11.6. Whew.

Do we have the Cicero Crisis going?
    Last edited by Trev; 01-23-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Trophies and reboundable controls

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/...ontrols_on_ps4