Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Warframe (aka SPACE NINJAS)

[Level 8: Skynet]

Warframe (aka SPACE NINJAS)

So does anybody play this? Anybody planning on playing it on PS4? 'Cause it's pretty awesome.

[Level 12: CHET]
    I played it when it was in beta on steam. It's enjoyable and quick to drop in and out of.

Spoiler!

Played a bit of it, but I have to play it on my "bad" monitor to make it run properly. I don't like playing things on my "bad" monitor. I did the free pre-order for PS4, so I'll get back to it once I get a better PC or PS4.

Was cool, but grindy (because free2p). I like the aesthetic.

I think Digital Extremes is handling the microtransactions on the PS4 version themselves instead of going through another company like most PC F2P games do so there's a chance they've made some pricing adjustments to make things more affordable because to buy that Nekros frame outright would cost about $30.

Or 300 hours of grinding.

Or that.

EDIT: More frame spotlights:

[Level 5: Mech]
    I've been playing Warframe a lot on the PS4. The thing that's REALLY annoying me is how much the framerate drops in heavy action. On my computer, that never happens....but it is what it is.

Anyone else actually playing this?

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Defenestrator is the Dtoid spearhead of this clan / game / blah. He's probably got a lot to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    I've been playing Warframe a lot on the PS4. The thing that's REALLY annoying me is how much the framerate drops in heavy action. On my computer, that never happens....but it is what it is.
    Framerate drops on PS4? Like how dramatic? Low 20's? What is it usually?

Kind of disappointing and surprising. I could run it fine on my roommates PC at a solid 60 FPS. Then again, I never ran it with the particle effects on.

Still plan on playing it when I get my PS4. When that will be I don't know.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday Legend View Post
    Defenestrator is the Dtoid spearhead of this clan / game / blah. He's probably got a lot to say about it.

My C-Blog for beginners: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/The...o-267252.phtml

(I'm writing a second one for more advanced players in fits and spurts. Might have it done today or tomorrow.)

Dtoid clan is open to new members. We have a clan hall with a trading kiosk, a dueling room, an obstacle course, and labs for researching clan-exclusive weapons like the flamethrower and the rocket launcher.

I played for a few hours last night with Trev and Clockwork-Zombie for FNF. Good times.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Framerate drops on PS4? Like how dramatic? Low 20's? What is it usually?

Kind of disappointing and surprising. I could run it fine on my roommates PC at a solid 60 FPS. Then again, I never ran it with the particle effects on.

Still plan on playing it when I get my PS4. When that will be I don't know.
    It can get painfully bad, sometimes slowing to a damn near halt. Usually it just depends on how good of connection the host has, and who all is in the party at the time.

It's not necessarily a gamebreaker, but it's frustrating. Honestly, playing it on a mid to high power pc is probably a better experience, but I definitely put more time into it on the PS4.

Yeah, I already have it set to download when I plug my in my PS4 on the 25th. Seems like a fun game and a good holdover for Destiny, until that releases. Plus it's free so yay for that. Where do I find the clan?

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    It can get painfully bad, sometimes slowing to a damn near halt. Usually it just depends on how good of connection the host has, and who all is in the party at the time.

It's not necessarily a gamebreaker, but it's frustrating. Honestly, playing it on a mid to high power pc is probably a better experience, but I definitely put more time into it on the PS4.
    It can get really bad on the high level Survival/Defense missions. If everyone is all clumped up together and using their powers simultaneously... and twenty or thirty enemies are swarming your position... it just goes FUBAR. On a normal mission, it's fine so long as the host has a decent connection.

If you're already playing on the PC, I'd probably stick with that. They're hoping to get the cross-platform update up in the next couple months and accounts are not transferable due to coding hoodoo. You'd have to start from scratch on the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Scield View Post
    Yeah, I already have it set to download when I plug my in my PS4 on the 25th. Seems like a fun game and a good holdover for Destiny, until that releases. Plus it's free so yay for that. Where do I find the clan?
    There's an in-game chat feature (for when we go cross-platform) so you can message/friend me there at ThDefenestrator. Or you can just add me on PSN at the same name and I'll send you an invite once you're all set up. Between the trading kiosk and the exclusive weapons, getting a clan of some sort is really just a practical decision.

Cool. Just sent you a PSN invite.

Sweet. I'll send you an invite when you're all set up.

Im downloading this now (holy shit downloading is slow), I like the look of it and can see myself playing it a bit. Ill have to read that beginners blog. If I get a hang of it and I like it and if you're verrrrry lucky I just might bless some of you with my presence.

I downloaded it last night too. I guess a lot of people are downloading it because I've seen snails go faster

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

There is an ingame update/download btw, if your talking about the installer download

I'll join the dtoid clan eventually. The one I'm with currently has all the research done and it's really hard to give that up. Shit's expensive.

But we can be fwiends in game and kill things at the same time. I'm an incredibly unique rhino with a galatine until my nekros finishes cooking.

psn: ElZilcho

Of course, while I'm at work.

Also there's a twitter for alerts, if anyone was unaware. Use it and join me in the frustration of good shit coming up while you're not there to get it.
    Last edited by Trev; 12-26-2013 at 03:05 PM.

I really really hate the Alad V boss fight, not because it is hard but because everyone I end up with just ignores the dog even after Alad has been res'd by zakuna 2 times. I'm even telling people (in chat) Alad shield then kill the dog but they ignite it.

Also zakunas love of jumping /falling off the stage...