Page 305 of 305 FirstFirst ... 205 255 295 301 302 303 304 305
Results 6,081 to 6,083 of 6083

Thread: Community Discourse

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by King Chrono View Post
    It's amazing how Anthony Burch bent over backwards to please people and make Borderlands 2 inclusive/nondiscriminatory, yet he still got shit for Tiny Tina:

https://archive.today/CfilD
    Because you can't please everyone when everyone is a special, unique snowflake. It's the inherent problem with Tumblr culture. You have to step on some toes eventually.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'll be the editor in chief, West Virginia is just as far out as Japan, but the video games only enjoyed here aren't cool or hip. Also the food is all deep fried and round eyed. The time I keep is just as strange as dales, I would barely proof anything and I'm barely computer literate.

I would push for synergy between reviews, previews, news, community, and video - simply them talking for half an hour as something called a podcast woild go so far to fix so much of what's fucked up about destructoid. Not to break kayfabe, but I love that. I would define destructoid as a video game community site, organizing and consolidating as many cliques as I could into a solitary whole. This is something I would do if I was a community unicorn as well.

The only articles I would publish by me would be about old games and how much I hate new things. All the stuff I write seems to not get published now on the user blogs. Just like tomopop, I'll barely be around and overwhelmed, much like my pax experiences.

[Level 6: Robot]
    As for Anthony "revanthony" Burch, I spoke to him a handful of times. That means twice. He's funny and his ideas about games and my own are totally different, our conversation about the bad punisher game, specifically when I was blown while playing it, led him to write an article about the game and how silly the violence was. We then spoke when castle crashees was new, I showed him the ceiling cat, it was awesome. I like Anthony, but he doesn't like me.

I'm not a fan of borderlands at all, the first game was boring, the second was worse. The story parts in the first few hours bored me, I've played them twice. Once on pc and once on PS3, the game isn't for me at all. The premise doesn't work for me, the gameplay isn't for me, and I don't like the characters or any lore I was presented with. Tropes Anthony spoke against were front and center, the start of the game is awful. I would love to play more to see his writing, but when I have a bad time, I'm done playing a game. I went as far as to give it a second chance, but was even more put off by the game. I think claptrap is awful. The way exposition and story are presented just doesn't work for me, neither did any of the copy I reas. If I was reviewing borderlands 2, I would've been very harsh on it.

I don't think hey ash is all that great either, some of them are good, but the batting average is low. If you keep striking out, I won't tune in for the home runs, if there are any. The one with him as a princess was funny visually, but there was nothing of substance to remember from it. Where was the emotional core?

I keep thinking of writing how I would write borderlands 2 better, but I've not committed anything to my iPod yet. I'm thinking of space pimps and gun crafting, as well as claptrap dying in the first ten seconds of the game.

Anthony's opinions of bonerquest on poddtoid amused the shit out of me. Not only did he not like it, he was confused by it. Mission accomplished. I'm an awful writer, but I can write stuff that's hard to ignore.

I can't wait to present him the novel version I've been writing.

Because I work all the time and like to have fun, like writing on forums about nothing important, I seem to just chip away at the damn thing. It will be available to experience eventually, I was mailing out the first chapter by request last year. The idea is to deconstruct fantasy, parody religion, saterize modern politics, write an elaborate love letter to an ex girlfriend, and most importantly be funny and interesting.

If something doesnt make me laugh, I try to toss it. If I'm not into a game, I'm not going to hate play it. I'm an adult.

I think that Anthony has a falling out with me, when I told him I thought firefly sucked. It wasn't as bad as doctor who, but it isn't a forgotten classic, it's okay. Red Dwarf is an overlooked classic, but even it has bad parts. Out of less than a dozen episodes, firefly had maybe five good ones. That's not a great batting average, if one of them had been half as great as an average red dwarf episode, something from series three, maybe I could see all the love.

I also think the Buffy movie was better than the show. Paul Rhuebans as a creepy vampire was fucking awesome.

I know Anthony doesn't like me, because we used to be friends on xbox live. He removed me, thus revealing his intense seething rage for me wasting a space on his list of friends.

Maybe that or my trolly sense of humor had me say something he didn't dig. If I think something's funny, I'll post anything. Its why I don't like Twitter, it's too easy to reach out and hurt people when you just meant to joke with someone. It's breaking balls, not besting souls and ruining someone's life, there is a difference.