Page 317 of 317 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 313 314 315 316 317
Results 6,321 to 6,333 of 6333

Thread: Community Discourse

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I look forward to Tubby changing his Twitter handle to @dtoidtubby and tweeting incessantly at Felicia Day.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    Are these paid positions or are we expected to reach out to publishers individually for kickbacks?
    We handle all our publisher kickbacks as a group. Better results that way, we've found. (Inb4 GamerGate screencaps that.)

But for realz, you'd need to ask Hamza. No idea if or how much contributors get paid these days.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    I look forward to Tubby changing his Twitter handle to @dtoidtubby and tweeting incessantly at Felicia Day.
    I'll get the nudez Ryan never could. My Kinect game is fucking strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    We handle all our publisher kickbacks as a group. Better results that way, we've found.
    Urrday just felt a disturbance in The Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Hmm, right. I doubt my CV would be particularly impressive. I've got pretty much no experience in regards to the gaming media, save for a short stint at a site which I genuinely cannot remember the name of, a few FP'd blogs, and a review of Pokemon X/Y that was too long to print in my Uni newspaper.
    I remember Niero talking about his disdain for CVs and how it was high time to kill that outdated document, and how he hires "buena gente", so who knows, maybe you'll impress upon him your! buena gente qualities!

Heck, if the commitment is just one news post per day + editorial, I'm now even considering applying myself, though I probably won't. My English-as-a-foreign-language status would likely be an instant disqualifier. That and, I'm a very, very private person, so I don't know if I'd be comfortable enough to show up on the FP using my real name.

Yanier Gonzalez (Niero) <mrdestructoid@gmail.com>
    7:03 PM (21 hours ago)
    to me, support
    Thanks man! We'll get this fixed asap

At the moment we don't have any public jobs posted but we're always looking to promote up from our top community bloggers. I was going to write something like "make sure you get fapped" but that just sounds wrong

--------------
    I asked if they look for volunteers from Europe and mentioned the 8+ hour gap beside mentioning something which had to be fixed.Not sure if Yanier thought I asked for a real job ^^
    Last edited by R.Hoffmann; 11-18-2014 at 11:09 AM.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by CaimDark View Post
    I remember Niero talking about his disdain for CVs and how it was high time to kill that outdated document, and how he hires "buena gente", so who knows, maybe you'll impress upon him your! buena gente qualities!

Heck, if the commitment is just one news post per day + editorial, I'm now even considering applying myself, though I probably won't. My English-as-a-foreign-language status would likely be an instant disqualifier. That and, I'm a very, very private person, so I don't know if I'd be comfortable enough to show up on the FP using my real name.
    I wouldn't be so sure. Your English is very good. If you didn't mention it was a foreign language, I wouldn't know. I can understand your last point, though (especially in light of recent months).

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaimDark View Post

Hell, you right gooder than most of us on the FP do. I wouldn't let that stop you.

And if I'm not mistaken, English is Hamza's second language as well.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Honestly, if you can write a basic sentence, you're already more competent than Ian Bonds.

He self-referenced a lot too, let's not forget that.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    HEY! Weird Al liked one of his songs (allegedly)! Show some respect to his fame by association success, YEAH?!

Well, thanks! I've never lived in an English speaking country and I thought that showed, so it's nice to get validation of my language skills from you fine folks!

So it's settled! I... probably won't apply anyways, but it won't be because of that!

Honestly Caim, I thought you were from the UK until a few days ago when you let on that you were from South America.

Don't ask me why I thought you were from the UK. It was just an idea I got in my mind somewhere along the way, and I never saw anything to suggest otherwise until now.