Page 228 of 289 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 238 278 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 5777

Thread: Community Discourse

Is your clan really SOUP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    Chilly will be pimping it in his FNF post today, and once we get a bit more of the schedule filled in we'll do a post for that as well. I definitely want it to be known to as many people as possible!
    Added a tiny note to the PS FNF post as well.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Occams Electric Toothbrush View Post
    If y'all see a blog that you feel is Front Page worthy, message me about it. I check my messages every day and am always glad for the input. Also, same goes for spam blogs or those one sentence blogs. I'm very happy to delete those with surgical focus.
    Same here for the spam. I quite enjoy getting those motherfuckers.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I will send you all the Spam, Phil. In can form.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephzilla View Post
    Glorious. Thanks Andy!

I'm hoping Streamtoid fills the void left by the Dtoid twitch channel
    And it's live! (the Friday Night Fights post where I talk about Streamtoid, that is). I'm pretty excited to see this come back, and I feel it is something that has been sorely missed / needed around these parts. I love giving community members their chance to shine.

I'm actually working on a new Collectors Corner post for the FP as well, which will highlight several community members gaming collections. Once I get moved (in three weeks) I'll have a ton more time to spend helping out with anything Andy needs, and this is something him and I have already discussed.

I'm with everyone here, I love Dtoid and I want to see it return to it's former glory (although I still believe it's a pretty swell place). Anything I can do to help, I'm up for.
    Last edited by ChillyBilly; 07-12-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfee_mcgee View Post
    I will send you all the Spam, Phil. In can form.
    Where the fuck have you been my friend/lover? I am honored you are rocking the card I wrote

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Guy Steve View Post
    Are we really in that deep of a dry spell? It seems like it's been a long time since I found something interesting to read on the front pages.
    I hope you all sue this because it takes forever.

The best stuff on Destructoid this week [7/12]

Also Chris just did an interesting thing

Are Monthly Musings still a thing?

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Yep! There's one going up tomorrow.

Bonered from my boner using Tapaboner

Ah, great!

Maybe it is really just me because I care a lot about game related stuff made by fans, but it wondered me that Overclocked.Remix last album, Mario 64 - Portrait of a Plumber was not getting a fp article, earlier albums from them usually got one

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Not sure dude. Send a story tip to tips@destructoid.com if you think the news people missed something.

I did exactly that around 2 weeks ago on the same day that album was published on ocr, got no reaction, thats why I was wondering about it ^^

Sorry! No clue -- not my department. I'm sure it was just missed is all.

In other news, Holmes continues to piss people off because he has an opinion. Perhaps this is becoming the big problem on Dtoid; nobody wants to accept someone else's opinion, and everyone is too afraid to piss somebody off.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    I kinda zoned out on Holmes after his Twitter tirade about how the entire Triple A industry needs to go bankrupt. There's having an opinion, and there's just being bitter for controversy's sake. If I want to hear that kind of empty opinion spouting, I'll stick around reading the first gaming blogs posted by 17 year olds.

In other news, Holmes continues to piss people off because he has an opinion. Perhaps this is becoming the big problem on Dtoid; nobody wants to accept someone else's opinion, and everyone is too afraid to piss somebody off.
    On the other hand it can be argued that "We don't use throws because they're cheap" is a pretty stupid opinion.
    That aside, I just don't read Holmes's articles. I don't like his style, I usually don't like his topics (which is sucking indie game devs dick for 99% of the time) and I just don't like what I caught from the guy, which means just steer clear of his articles.

He got really defensive and snarky because some people disagreed with him and pointed out how stupid and uninformed his opinion is (which isn't a first).

This comment sums it up perfectly

I think that people were criticizing how you wrote a article blasting competitive melee players based on your own casual experiences and lacked the qualifications to be able to accurately dissect the pros and cons of the tripping factor in professional smash, but I can see how it's easier just to call them "impatient control freaks" or "irrational tourney players" instead.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    He got really defensive and snarky
    Holmes? No way.

Its not his opinion, its his overall dismissive attitude. But he has a place here. He does great original content that is unique to the site and that's awesome. We need more of that.

But just read the posts before this. Its obvious that he he just rubs some people the wrong way. No, he shouldn't be fired or told to stop because of that. The people that don't like him or his articles can just choose not to read them or not comment on them. No harm no foul.

the valley of golden magical singing cheeses
    that whole thing attained alarming proportions so soon...impressive in a way.
    a lesson in escalation.