Page 367 of 367 FirstFirst ... 267 317 357 363 364 365 366 367
Results 7,321 to 7,329 of 7329

Thread: Let's Play Werewolf: Act 2!

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday Legend View Post
    The golden man stood, hands together. Soft white flames began to rise from his body as he began a low chant. He brought his hands to his chest, and the flames leapt in between them, forming an orb of brilliant orange and white. You couldn't look directly at it, the light was so bright. It was like another sun. In actuality, it was just that.

He took it with one hand, held it aloft and said "If you have nothing to fear, then you won't mind the sunburn." The orb then begun to spin, and flatten slightly, and rise into the sky.

At that moment, two of the men screamed out loud, black blood flowing from their faces from the unholy wounds being inflicted upon them. They sprung into action and charged towards the golden man, this forgotten prince, the would-be, should-be king. He smiled as they rushed along the ruined battlefield. Was he content in his act? Was it unstoppable, or would he just be cut down there and then by the wolves hiding in the clothing of a man?

One step, the mouths began to break open into a mottled row of broken teeth. Another step, one leapt into the air, the other hit all fours like a rabid animal. The one who took flight grew massive claws in midair, the one on the ground shifted its bones to fit the form of a feral beast from hell itself, both beings closing in on the long-deposed monarch of the Sun Kingdom. They thirsted for him in blind, single-minded fury. Neal, the rightful ruler of these lands, calmly shut his eyes for what might have been the last time as they flung themselves toward him, closing the gap with horrifying grace.

They would never reach him.

The orb exploded in midair, firing three columns of light outward in a single instant flash. The golden man kept his eyes closed, and felt the ash that just constituted the two attackers wash over him with the breeze, their bodies and souls reduced to nothing but cooling, swirling dust in an instant. It was a show of power both subtle and obscene.

The third beam of light had struck the one who called himself "the Veteran." Nobody knew how true that was, for he had been using some sort of process or dark art to mask his appearance and hide his age. But now the facade had been burned away, revealing a scarred, horribly disfigured man with intricate markings carved into his body. The markings seemed to pulse with the absence of color and light, of which the deepest shade of black seemed to draw the outside world within him for the briefest of seconds, never to be let go of again.

He stood, discarded the smoking remains of his desert wear, and hunched over. He drew in a large breath with his body, the black markings absorbing the air and all the matter floating in it, and I watched as his body shifted in much the same way as the Unfortunates had. Except in this case, it wasn't feral. It was certainly monstrous, but it wasn't demonic, it was elegant. His bones did not snap or break, his skin did not bleed, he simply discarded his camouflage and rose up as the divine beast he had been concealing all along. He was oddly enchanting in his softness and smooth lined surfaces, and yet terrifying in his sheer size and stature. Whatever he was, he easily measured ten feet in height, perhaps more. His muscles were defined and large, but not bulbous. He was a god made flesh, something most certainly not of this world.

When he spoke, his voice thundered, and yet did not roar. You didn't hear it as much as feel it, as his speech wasn't exactly loud in volume, but the vibrations shook the very cells of my body.

"TELL ME, WHAT IS FATE?"

The question was the oddest thing to hear, a calm, measured voice asking for opinions on philosophical viewpoints, coming from a visage that could only be described as predatory and monstrous beyond human reasoning.

"WHAT IS DESTINY? MOST OF YOUR SPECIES CONSIDER IT TO BE A PREDETERMINED PATH LAID DOWN BY A HIGHER POWER, A SOURCE OF OMNIPOTENT CONTROL AND SCOPE OF PERSPECTIVE THAT FAR EXCEEDS THEIR OWN MEAGER COMPARATIVE EXISTENCE. YOU ARE A STRANGE SPECIES, GIFTED WITH THE ABILITY TO SURVIVE EVEN IN THE FACE OF YOUR OWN EXTINCTION. YOUR FOREBEARERS TOUCHED A PLANE THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER EVEN DREAMED OF, AND THUS YOUR UTTER DESTRUCTION WAS ORDAINED AND ENACTED. BUT YOUR KIND IS ONE OF PURE, QUIET RESISTANCE. YOU DEFIED THE FATE THAT HAD BEEN LAID DOWN FOR YOU BY THE SORT OF HIGHER POWER YOUR SPECIES INSTINCTIVELY SERVES."

Was it feeling sorry for us? Was it apologizing? Was it delivering some divine truth that we were now privileged to keep in our memories, only to have our existence erased as payment?

"IT WAS OVER SEVEN HUNDRED YEARS AGO THAT YOUR KIND HAD TOUCHED THE STARS. IT WAS THEN THAT THEY ATTEMPTED TO HARNESS SOMETHING THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER LAID HANDS ON, AND AS SUCH, YOUR KIND WERE WIPED FROM EXISTENCE WITH EFFICIENCY AND WITHOUT MERCY. YOUR PLANET WAS REDUCED TO RUBBLE TO ENSURE YOUR KIND WOULD NEVER RISE AGAIN. AND YET, YOU NOT ONLY PERSISTED, YOU UNCONCIOUSLY DREW ON THE VERY ENERGY USED TO DESTROY YOUR PLANET. YOUR SPECIES EVOLVED INTO SOMETHING FAR MORE DANGEROUS."

He looked at Neal, who was utterly spent from launching his last salvo.

"AND THEN, WITH YOUR EVOLUTION ASSURED, YOU BEGAN TO CROSSBREED THE MUTATIONS. YOU WERE A PLAGUE THAT REACHED OUT TO INFECT WHAT YOU WERE NOT MEANT TO BREACH, THEN TOOK THE TRAITS FROM WHAT CUT YOU AWAY, ONLY TO REGROW STRONGER AND MORE AGGRESSIVELY THAN YOU DID BEFORE. I WAS THE ONE TASKED WITH ENSURING YOUR PEOPLE NEVER ROSE AGAIN, AND AS SUCH, I LAID WASTE TO THIS PLACE WITH BUT A THOUGHT. I DID NOT JUST ELIMINATE THE WOUND, I AMPUTATED THE LIMB. AND YET, THE MOST DANGEROUS PIECE OF INFECTION REMAINED."

He closed his eyes and turned his palm upward at where the miniature sun was still fading, sputtering bits of heat and light as it slowly and softly broke apart from the stress.

"AS SUCH, I WILL CARRY OUT MY DUTY. I WISH YOU TO KNOW THE IDENTITY OF THE ONE WHO WILL END YOUR LIVES. I HAVE NO NAME, AS MY KIND COMMUNICATES WITH IDEAS AND PURE THOUGHT. OUR NAMES ARE FEELINGS, THOUGHTS AND IMAGES."

Suddenly, I felt cold. Bitter cold. The ruined city suddenly blanketed in frozen white, ceasing the life of everything buried underneath its frozen surface. It then snapped back, an apparition, perhaps? A thought, shunted into the minds of lesser beings with brutal force and graceful technique?

"IF YOU REQUIRE A WORD TO INADEQUATELY ENCAPSULATE MY IDENTITY, IT IS SNOW. YOUR KIND ONCE KNEW MINE AS THE CULT OF SPACE. THERE WILL BE NO PREPARATION FOR YOUR END. ENTER THE VOID."

The sputtering sphere collapsed with a loud crack, then turned inward upon itself as the gravity it possessed collapsed. The spherical void grew and yawned with the roaring of the air rushing into oblivion.

It was then that I made my move. I ran out onto the field, trailing a rope I had hastily tied to a loop carved in stone (not to mention, one of the stubborn ones that defied the past destruction of the Kingdom - something about that seemed apt). I tied the rope to the three remaining Fortunates, and then anchored myself well. The sphere suddenly drew inward like the breath of a giant lung, and swallowed the three Fortunates whole.

I don't know how long I fought the pull. It could have been seconds. Maybe hours. Time didn't really feel right, and I kept fighting the images of the frozen wasteland while remembering the feeling of fishing for big specimens with my uncle in the earliest days of my youth. I fought with all my might, and it must have been good enough, because I got them back. They were broken and bleeding, but most certainly alive. Barely so.

The black hole collapsed and faded, and for a moment, the creature seemed tired. Something in its body language shifted to give a telltale sign of fatigue.

And in that moment, exposed and frightened beyond anything I had ever imagined, I hoped. I hoped harder and stronger, more than I ever thought could have been possible before, and brought myself face to face with the sole defining psychological mechanism of the human race. I hoped. I hoped someone would save us, save me as I had saved them.

- - - - - - - - - -

DAY SEVEN - DAY ROUND ENDS!

PLAYER LIST
    1)
    Lion - DEAD - UNFORTUNATE
    2) Vagrant - DEAD - HUMAN - SNIPER
    3) Kir - DEAD - FORTUNATE (The Wind Tribe)
    4) Red Morgan - DEAD - HUMAN - DESPOT
    5)
    Lizzardpt - DEAD - HUMAN - HEALER
    6)
    Flam - DEAD - HUMAN - SENTINEL
    7)
    Dex - DEAD - UNFORTUNATE
    8)
    Zombikaze - DEAD - HUMAN - DIPLOMAT
    9) Muckfoot - FORTUNATE (The Water Clan)
    10) Djnealb - FORTUNATE (The Halfbreed)
    11) MarcoSnow - FORTUNATE (?) (The Cult Of Space)
    12) BrowneyeWinkin - DEAD - FORTUNATE (Brotherhood Of Fire)
    13) Panzadolphin - FORTUNATE (The Great Electric Society)
    14)
    Corduroy Turtle - DEAD - UNFORTUNATE - STOLEN WIND POWER

- - - - - - - - - -

DAMAGE BREAKDOWN

djnealb has been attacked for 632dmg!
    Muckfoot has been attacked for 698dmg! STUN!
    Muckfoot has been revealed! He is Fortunate and represents The Water Clan!
    Panza has been attacked for 629dmg!
    Panza has been revealed! He is Fortunate and represents The Great Electric Society!

MarcoSnow has been attacked for 904dmg!
    MarcoSnow has been revealed! He is Fortunate (?) and represents The Cult Of Space!

Lion has been revealed! He is Unfortunate!
    LION HAS BEEN KILLED!

Dexter345 has been revealed! He is Unfortunate!
    DEXTER345 HAS BEEN KILLED!

- - - - - - - - - -

NO MORE UNFORTUNATE PLAYERS REMAIN - CULT OF SPACE REVEALED, AND IS STILL ALIVE!
    ALL COOLDOWN / STUN PERIODS REMOVED! FULL BAR CHARGE GRANTED FOR ALL PLAYERS! MAKE YOUR STAND!!!

SECRET CONDITION:
    KILL THE EMISSARY OF THE CULT OF SPACE!

Read Carefully, Motherfuckers
    WAIT FOR THE SIGNAL POST TO SEND IN YOUR PM! LAUNCH YOUR STRIKE WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT!

GOOD LUCK, AND PRAY FOR FORTUNE!

Spoiler!

Just so you know, I'll be dropping a post tomorrow at a random time. You will not know when it's going to be, but it'll be convenient enough to where both sides of the pond can respond.
    That post is the start of the last round. The lightning round, if you will. Your HP levels are still the same, so if you get hit, and you get killed, you're done.

If you survive...well, you just might beat someone by sheer numbers.
    Either way, keeping your eyes peeled will be in your best interests both singularly and collectively speaking. Pray for fortune.

Spoiler!

[Level 6: Robot]
    or just refresh the fuck out of the page on your phone / computer - that works, too
    To the obsessive compulsive go the spoils.

Paying attention is the ultimate superpower.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Paying attention is the ultimate superpower.
    I am fucked then.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Lame and gay. Both. At the same time. Kinda like Gorilla- HEY-O!

I'll see you negronis in hell.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Scion of the Blue Lion View Post
    Lame and gay. Both. At the same time. Kinda like Gorilla- HEY-O!

I'll see you negronis in hell.
    We had no chance from the start. Only reason it looked like it for a while was the huge screwup on the human team's part. Unfortunate does describe the role well.

If you'd have targeted Marco, the game would have changed completely.

Wolf Master
    ~shrug~