Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA V FNF

GTA V FNF

So at the time of writing this OP, multiplayer hasn't been released for GTA V yet.

HOWEVER, when it is released in early October, who wants to play? I have the PS3 version, and I'd love to try this game's online with you people.

PSN: AlphaHawkP

Edit from here on down:
    Okay, so, there's a kind of significant split of PS3 users and XBox 360 users. I'll paste a list Legendhead made and update it as needed.

360:

SuperMonk4Ever
    Sir_Legendhead
    mrandydixon
    Jeniken
    Qalamari_Damacy
    Scield

PSN:

Myself
    Trev
    KimikoLoco
    CornflakeJustice
    King Sushi

Console not specified:

Stevil_T (but on 360)
    StriderHoang (but on 360)
    Solgrim
    Nihil_X (but on 360)

If you want to join the Dtoid Rockstar Social Club to maybe make things easier, by all means feel free to. It's not a requirement or anything, so don't worry if you don't want to do that. SuperMonk is in charge of the group, so if you do decide to join the Social Club crew, you'll need to send him a PM asking for an invite.

Link to him:
    http://forum.destructoid.com/member....SuperMonk4Ever

Keep in mind you can sign up for a crew on the Social Club regardless of what console you have, so there will be PS3 and Xbox users in the same crew. To see who's on what console, you have to check their account (Or so I'm told).

Some of the PS3 users made a crew to kind of help narrow things down a little. Again, not a requirement or anything. Link for the PS3 group:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...ructoid_ps_fnf

Pretty sure you don't have to PM Trev to get in, but just send him a PM if you do in the future

Link to PS3 Group Leader:
    http://forum.destructoid.com/member.php?13860-Trev
    Last edited by WraithA1; 10-17-2013 at 09:17 PM.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Might I suggest checking out the threads dedicated to FNF posts? In this case the PS ones: http://forum.destructoid.com/showthr...September-20th is a link to this week's post. You may want to post in there letting people know you want to put a group together to play.

Quote Originally Posted by CornflakeJustice View Post
    Might I suggest checking out the threads dedicated to FNF posts? In this case the PS ones: http://forum.destructoid.com/showthr...September-20th is a link to this week's post. You may want to post in there letting people know you want to put a group together to play.
    Thanks.

I figure I might host one the first Friday the Multiplayer comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithA1 View Post
    Thanks.

I figure I might host one the first Friday the Multiplayer comes out.
    I *think* that's one of my weeks for blog posting so I'll keep that in mind! Just keep an eye out for the thread that will go up the Monday beforehand!

Also if someone could maybe make a Crew on the Rockstar Social Club, that might help a little. Not a requirement or anything of course. I don't know how all that stuff goes, so if one of you have a good understanding of how the Social Club thing works feel free to start it.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by WraithA1 View Post
    Also if someone could maybe make a Crew on the Rockstar Social Club, that might help a little. Not a requirement or anything of course. I don't know how all that stuff goes, so if one of you have a good understanding of how the Social Club thing works feel free to start it.
    SuperMonk has that covered - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...estructoid_fnf

What's the split between xb and ps3 users?

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    What's the split between xb and ps3 users?
    I didn't know at first but this thread helps figure things out. The existing GTA V thread is jumbled already and organizing the Social Club aspect is likely to be too much to manage in a weekly FNF discussion.

As far as our Dtoid crew, you can see members' system of choice by mousing over our names in the members link, on the Social Club page. Six of us are 360, nobody's on PSN and the other four have no system specified (but evidently three of those are 360 as well).

360:

SuperMonk4Ever
    Sir_Legendhead
    KingSushi
    mrandydixon
    Jeniken
    Qalamari_Damacy

PSN:

nobody yet (except Wraith, who isn't on the crew page)

Console not specified:

Stevil_T (but on 360)
    StriderHoang (but on 360)
    Solgrim
    Nihil_X (but on 360)

Wraith, if you want to copypaste the list into the OP, I'll help you keep it updated. And as far as I know you need an invite from the leader to join the crew. Here's a link to SuperMonk so you can PM him from the forum. I'm pretty sure we'll see more PSN crew appear by the time online launches. Used said he bought his for PS3 and I remember seeing a few others in the game thread as well.

Also posted a link to this thread and sent friend requests to everyone on the Social Club page. Not sure how often people check or how updates work but it's up, so yeah.
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 09-19-2013 at 06:57 AM.

9. 09-19-2013, 05:29 AM
    Reason
    combining posts

Yeah it's pretty lame there's no easy way to tell who's playing on what, but it looks like most everyone in the crew is Xbox though just by going through my xbl friend list.

I'm on 360. Stevil and Strider are as well.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Yeah it's pretty lame there's no easy way to tell who's playing on what, but it looks like most everyone in the crew is Xbox though just by going through my xbl friend list.

I'm on 360. Stevil and Strider are as well.
    Cool. I'm gonna leave the Social Club list as is, with notations by y'all's names...still editing and combing those two posts so they'll be less confusing. I hope. lol

I know that Trev, KimikoLoco, and myself all have the game for Playstation 3 at the moment. Though I'm not sure if the plan is to create a secondary crew for the PS FNF side as it would make organizing a little easier if we could tell just by who's in which crew who to get in touch with. I'm sure there are others (based on the fact that literally no one on my friend's list was playing anything else the last couple days) but can't recall off the top of my head.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by CornflakeJustice View Post
    I know that Trev, KimikoLoco, and myself all have the game for Playstation 3 at the moment. Though I'm not sure if the plan is to create a secondary crew for the PS FNF side as it would make organizing a little easier if we could tell just by who's in which crew who to get in touch with. I'm sure there are others (based on the fact that literally no one on my friend's list was playing anything else the last couple days) but can't recall off the top of my head.
    I've never been part of a Social Club crew so I'm not sure how any of it works when applied. There may be an advantage to sticking together as far as general Dtoid score, ranking, etc. Best idea I have at the moment is to organize a few games of Max Payne 3 and see how that plays out.

And it's not hard to tell who's on which console once you figure out how the Social Club crew page works. At the top it tells how many members there are. Clicking that takes you to a list. Mousing over individual names on that list shows which console each person is using. Clicking on a name takes you to that person's profile, where you can see their gamertag if they have it linked.

You also get a permanent car and gun for signing up through the game itself. They're both pretty sweet, among the best I've found.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 09-19-2013 at 08:05 AM.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I have the gun, but where do you find the car?

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRemedy View Post
    I have the gun, but where do you find the car?
    It's in the garages...not the custom shops, but the garages across the city where you save your cars.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Thanks! Have yet to step into a garage, there are usually a boat load of fantastic cars all over the place so I never felt a need to store one.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    I didn't know at first but this thread helps figure things out. The existing GTA V thread is jumbled already and organizing the Social Club aspect is likely to be too much to manage in a weekly FNF discussion.
    Yeah, I kinda wish that it would display the persons choice of console more openly on the crew page but at the moment, I guess you just have to look into the people. Hopefully as GTA V gets updated, so does the Social Club to add more streamlined features.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    I've never been part of a Social Club crew so I'm not sure how any of it works when applied. There may be an advantage to sticking together as far as general Dtoid score, ranking, etc. Best idea I have at the moment is to organize a few games of Max Payne 3 and see how that plays out.

And it's not hard to tell who's on which console once you figure out how the Social Club crew page works. At the top it tells how many members there are. Clicking that takes you to a list. Mousing over individual names on that list shows which console each person is using. Clicking on a name takes you to that person's profile, where you can see their gamertag if they have it linked.

You also get a permanent car and gun for signing up through the game itself. They're both pretty sweet, among the best I've found.

Spoiler!
    Do you have the names of those things so I know if I have them or not? Assault SMG maybe? I have that and a car that I can apparently retrieve infinitely, but I can't verify that shit until this evening.

Can people be in multiple crews? We could do a second one for PS FNF and still be in the existing FNF crew too. I'm going to join the existing one for now. Now promote me so I can go mad with power. MAD WITH POWER! AHAHAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRemedy View Post
    Thanks! Have yet to step into a garage, there are usually a boat load of fantastic cars all over the place so I never felt a need to store one.
    I felt this way until I saw my first Banshee about two hours in. Chased that motherfucker down on foot, janked the car, took it to the spray shop to put the proper colors (dark blue and ice white stripes) on, and immediately stored it in my garage. Not sure if storing a car means you get it infinitely or not but I'm hoping it does.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonk4Ever View Post
    Yeah, I kinda wish that it would display the persons choice of console more openly on the crew page but at the moment, I guess you just have to look into the people. Hopefully as GTA V gets updated, so does the Social Club to add more streamlined features.
    They must be doing updates now because Social Club was down for most of yesterday. Wasn't even able to upload screenshots. Glad they postponed the online launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Do you have the names of those things so I know if I have them or not? Assault SMG maybe? I have that and a car that I can apparently retrieve infinitely, but I can't verify that shit until this evening.

Can people be in multiple crews? We could do a second one for PS FNF and still be in the existing FNF crew too. I'm going to join the existing one for now.
    The car is called the Elegy RH8. If you have an infinite car in the garage that's it. The gun sounds right too.

And yeah, you can join multiple crews. There's currently no difference shown when you click the tab between 360 and PS3, but we'll have that info on the page once people start playing. It automatically shows the difference between consoles so I'm thinking it wouldn't help to make separate clans.

The main thing is making sure that everybody in the clan has their gamertag linked. Easiest way I know to do that is to simply upload a screenshot -- or it will be, once they get the service active again. Just tried it while typing this and it's still down for now.

THE MR.E BIRD
    The social club website became less usable since release. I'll try to host an early/EU FNF for this sometime after Online goes live.