Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Destructoid Huge: Thoughts?

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Oh, right. I'm tempted to look up his blogs, but I'd probably fall down a hole of endless criticism when I need to sleep.

Juice Box
    Very creative use of the title Phil. *Gold clap*.

But seriously, I think Outer Heaven would be neat to re-incorporate, BUT the first few weeks / months would probably be trash considering everyone would want to try it out. Like Brownballs said too, a lot of mean spirited people would probably rear their heads up and just be annoying.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephzilla View Post
    So there's a new contest on the frontpage. What do you think the odds are that a HUGE winner will win just to kick up the incentive to subscribe?
    *adds Sephiroth's name to "don't let win contests" list*

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by pk fire View Post

I'd buy into HUGE if I could get the chat name "usedtabe".
    Go ahead, Outer Heaven was only good for trolling then posting the butthurt down here.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephzilla View Post
    I'm also thinking that I'm going to drop the $30 bucks and become HUGE. Main reason why is because that ever since Sterling stopped doing news reports and has relegated himself to reviews and videos, I think Destructoid is noticeably better.
    Yeah. There hasn't been a "Here's a bunch of angry YouTube comments I found funny" articles for awhile, which was always Sterling's thing. Don't miss those.

*edit*

Spoke too soon!
    Last edited by The Defenestrator; 10-09-2013 at 11:05 AM.

I bought into HUGE right away, simply because I find it fair to pay a small amount for a site I like. Also: automated entries in raffles. And since the bonusses you get are rather minor, I don't see any downsides with it.

Besides that I found it hugely funny how Sterling joked over the pre-order culture in gaming, when DToid did pretty much that with HUGE too. Cool bonusses and stuff was promised, but no one knew if they would be delivered or what they actually would be. Not too much of a problem for me, since I like to support stuff I like no matter what, but still...

There should be a newsletter or something to tell me what's new every month, because fuck going on the frontpage. Still feels like there hasn't been anything worth the monthly fee.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Sadly, I agree. I tried to pay, and it wouldn't activate the membership.

At this point, I think it might have been trying to tell me something.

Juice Box
    Don't you guys want to support their four and a half different versions of Let's-plays though!?!?!

/sarcasm

On the other hand, I don't mind the FP as much with a lot of that click-bait drama gone. The auto-play videos are super annoying though, they need to change that. And yes, I've already tried clicking the box to disable auto-play, but it still unchecks itself every time I go there.
    Last edited by pk fire; 10-21-2013 at 05:55 PM.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    So very this.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'm still on the fence about it. I didn't like when Giant Bomb added subscriptions and having it here at home, I don't know guys. It seems to wall off access there, but here I'm so unaware of where everything is, I don't think I could find the doors I don't have keys for.

At least Giant Bomb shows me the things I can't see.

Quote Originally Posted by randombullseye View Post
    I'm still on the fence about it. I didn't like when Giant Bomb added subscriptions and having it here at home, I don't know guys. It seems to wall off access there, but here I'm so unaware of where everything is, I don't think I could find the doors I don't have keys for.

At least Giant Bomb shows me the things I can't see.
    I was just thinking about you yesterday when I read through that long-ass goodbye blog from Nanbu. It made me nostalgic for the old days of Dtoid.

I haven't talked with you in quite a while. How have you been, dude?

That Nanbu blog hit on all the right notes if you ask me.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Missed that blog, so I just gave it a read. Yeah, sums up my feelings in much the same way.

Also, I've been noticing how Jim isn't all that keen on doing Now Bloody Playing, but obviously has to because...well, money. People don't want to read gaming sites as much as they used to, and now the money's all in YT partnerships and the like. Must be an absolute kick to the balls for him, really.

On the latest Indigo Prophecy video, he was basically plugging his new YT channel alongside Dtoid. It's crazy how he's gone from, "Ha ha! Herp Derp PewDiePie!" to "Hey, if you want, come see me play games outside the norm featured on Dtoid." Guess hanging out with Total Biscuit has rubbed off on him.

Problem is, on a lot of his vids, he doesn't sound too convinced about you chipping in for Dtoid Huge; the jokes about diminishing returns while telling you about all the new premium features isn't exactly a great advertisement. Judging from the ratings, people just want him to do one part videos and move on.

Anyway, minor rant and just another reason why I can't chip in. If Jim's not all that into it and setting up a monetised YT channel in his name, then I don't know...Nanbu's bit about the writing being on the wall has some truth to it.

If I had to hypothesize why Jim might not seem that into Now Bloody Playing, it would be this: Destructoid is trying to get away from click-bait articles now that Huge is around. The thing that kind of made Jim a bigger name was through being a kind of trollish click-machine.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I was just thinking about you yesterday when I read through that long-ass goodbye blog from Nanbu. It made me nostalgic for the old days of Dtoid.

I haven't talked with you in quite a while. How have you been, dude?
    Lurking more. My free time now goes to writing the Bquest novel and actually playing games. I still pop in for the occasional comment here and there, but I quit coming here first. I go to Giant Bomb for content now, their site is a lot cleaner to use and easy to browse. Destructoid feels garbled. The ipad ap has ads that break it completely, taking a page and making me click it in the middle of a story isn't good at all. I pretty we'll quit writing about games, I have a few things worth posting but I doubt I will.

I scrolled back a few weeks in the C-blogs and couldn't find that Nanbu article. Did it get deleted or is I am retarded?

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    In the article she asked for a ban on her account, and they did that, which deleted (or hid, or something) her article.

The giant hamster wheel that powers my house.
    Is anybody else seeing Destructoid.beta when they click on front page stories?

Only seems to happen when I’m logged in, which makes me wonder if it’s related to Huge. Honestly I hope something has just gone wrong and I’m seeing the mobile beta (it looks like a smartphone layout), because God help us if this is another redesign, especially since it’s awful looking unless it’s meant for smartphones.

So, anybody else seeing this?

Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    I scrolled back a few weeks in the C-blogs and couldn't find that Nanbu article. Did it get deleted or is I am retarded?
    http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Kyo...d-263884.phtml

I got it through Google.