Thread: "When Indie Dream turns into Indie Reality” aka our Kickstarter disaster

"When Indie Dream turns into Indie Reality” aka our Kickstarter disaster

As our campaign is ending I wanted to write about our experience, it can be read here:
    http://ljis17.com/when_indie_dream_t...r_disaster.php

Comments and discussions are welcome.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Too bad to hear about the Kickstarter failing, but it's a crowded market out there and it might be more than a little foolish to assume that people are going to invest their money in a project whose developers have never shipped a game before.

I just re-read that and it sounded a little condescending. I didn't mean it to come across that way. There's a lot of Kickstarters that aren't hitting their mark. Even studios or individuals with proven track records are having a hard time with crowdfunding. Maybe you guys should bring your scope down and develop some smaller games and put them out for free. Get some games out there that people can play and they will be more willing to invest in a bigger project.
    Last edited by BadStar; 08-29-2013 at 10:39 PM.

[Level 2: Human]
    Quote Originally Posted by yodalr View Post
    As our campaign is ending I wanted to write about our experience, it can be read here:
    http://ljis17.com/when_indie_dream_t...r_disaster.php

Comments and discussions are welcome.
    It's a pity. I quite liked you pitch and even discussed it on my podcast. It really is just a game of getting eyeballs on the thing as your pitch wasn't totally dissimilar to say Ring Runners which managed to pull in 27 grand.

Gut feeling? The kickstarter didn't show the meat of your pitch fast/strongly enough. Making it all gameplay footage is great as most people will just skip through a video looking for that but there was nothing guiding us and there's a pretty slow build up in action.

Are you continuing with development? The game is defiantly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    It's a pity. I quite liked you pitch and even discussed it on my podcast. It really is just a game of getting eyeballs on the thing as your pitch wasn't totally dissimilar to say Ring Runners which managed to pull in 27 grand.

Gut feeling? The kickstarter didn't show the meat of your pitch fast/strongly enough. Making it all gameplay footage is great as most people will just skip through a video looking for that but there was nothing guiding us and there's a pretty slow build up in action.

Are you continuing with development? The game is defiantly fun.
    Yes, the game is made on the Flash platform and we are looking for a sponsor right now. Some flash games site.