Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: It's that time AGAIN! Destructoid Mutant League Fantasy Fooball Xtreme Alpha Ready Go

It's that time AGAIN! Destructoid Mutant League Fantasy Fooball Xtreme Alpha Ready Go

AWWW YISS. Motha. Fuckin'. Fantasy. Football.

Just like the past years, it's time to rock faces with sweaty men and odd shaped balls. It is time to announce that Destructoid's own brand of community run fantasy football is coming back to rock your face! As we did the last few years, we're planning on doing another PRIZE LEAGUE, where if you win, you get stuff that the losers gave up. JT has once again volunteered to step up and handle the prizes, so mad kudos to him! (Prizes can be mad awesome, but we suggest something around $20, preferably vidja-game related and doesn't suck.)

The league is full of good times, and we had a ton of fun the last couple of years with this. Right now, I have the league set at TWELVE people. Currently, we have six.

1. ArcticFox, Esq.
    2. munocard
    3. Blehmeng
    4. JTIceFire
    5. smurfee_mcgee
    6. ChillyBilly

If you want in, post in this thread and then send me a PM that INCLUDES YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, and make sure you start thinking of a prize you'd not only want to receive, but that you'd also be willing to lose! Essentially, we will be sending all prizes to JT, who will then distribute the goods after the season.

TL;DR? Be awesome, sign up, send JT a prize (details will be in the his post) and you will then be eligible to WIN prizes. The reason we do a prize league and send them off to a prize czar is because it encourages people to keep playing even if they are losing. And frankly even if you're in last place, keep trying! Any given Sunday is the rule, and you could always screw over someone who is actually in the running! There are no hard feelings here, it's football!

We will be doing another LIVE draft where we proceed to mock each other and especially Blehmeng for being a Cowboys fan! Trash talk is encouraged, ESPECIALLY if you cant back it up.

The draft order will be random, but Blehmeng or Munocard will pic first (Tied for last places last year) will pick first and JT (First place last year) will pick Last! The rest of us are chosen FROM THE HAT! It will be just like Harry Potter, except no flying and the hat doesn't talk. But if it did, it'd put you in Hufflepuff because it *knows* that's where you explicitly don't want to go.

So start thinking of a hilarious team name, your strategy and a prize that is hopefully somewhat video game related, and then PM me your email address, and you will be sent an invite.

Look forward to another fun and hilarious season with you Dtoiders!

FOOTBALL! RAWR!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.... It's starting to feel like Football season again!!!! EXCITE!!

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Ok. Will try and make the draft this year.

Probably my first ff draft where I can't default and go pick up Steven Jackson. Not from the Rams, anyway. Sad.

Hit me that football is almost happening when I saw an advert for Niners pre-season game at a bar. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    Ok. Will try and make the draft this year.

Probably my first ff draft where I can't default and go pick up Steven Jackson. Not from the Rams, anyway. Sad.

Hit me that football is almost happening when I saw an advert for Niners pre-season game at a bar. Weird.
    Can you send me your email address again? I beleted the old league from last year due to... issues, so I need to reinvite you!

Also, Steven Jackson is classy, but old, and bah, I am not a fan of the Falcons.

[Level 6: Robot]
    in on this

[Level 5: Mech]
    Wow keeper league guys...I guess I can hold onto Arian Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Isay Isay View Post
    Wow keeper league guys...I guess I can hold onto Arian Foster
    NO KEEPERS EVERDAY NEW DRAFT GOOD TIMES!

But really, due to issues I had to reset and create a new league. So PM me your email address again Isay!

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Oh yeah bitches. Here to play some fantasy foozeball. So, not a keeper league you say?

Also, other guy you invited is bhive, he used to be a dtoider back in the day. Cblog Mafia!

I will update the main post when I get a real chance, but suffice to say: ONLY 2 SLOTS LEFT TO FILL!

Did anybody ask Chris "Time Lord" Carter?

Quote Originally Posted by smurfee_mcgee View Post
    If you do, tell him it's a 3 QB league this time around

Quote Originally Posted by smurfee_mcgee View Post
    Not I. Send that dude a message to message me!

No 'Topher this year.

SO FRIENDS,

What do you think of Friday August 23rd for the draft? Hosted at 9:30 EST?

since this is my first year, how's this draft work? live draft on the espn site or something else

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox Esq. View Post
    SO FRIENDS,

What do you think of Friday August 23rd for the draft? Hosted at 9:30 EST?
    That works for me

Quote Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
    since this is my first year, how's this draft work? live draft on the espn site or something else
    Live draft on the ESPN site with a Skype call

Draft date/time should be good for me.
    What type of Draft this time? And are we decided on keepers yet?

The only days I would be unavailable for a draft would be Monday - Friday at night. Because I work a shit schedule (3pm - 12am)

So, a weekend would probably be better. Saturday the 24th? If we do it late morning, early afternoon bhive could join us, he's in England right meow.