Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Dtoid Fighting Games Thread: Shut Up Already Edition

Still responds to BLOO

The Official Dtoid Fighting Games Thread: Shut Up Already Edition

Me, KD and select few have been keeping the SSF4 thread going for literally years now when none of you fucks had anything of value to say. All of sudden there's this need to push that thread into something isn't? Every year there's some lame ass mood swing with a couple of johnny-come-lately nerds that want to "shake up the forums and get people to come in" but it will never work because the C-Blogs are the bulk of the community, since 2006.

Why forum when you can hash out another c-blogpost about how good SotC is.

Why form an opinion that stands on it's own when some girl on a video game kinda looks like Juno and we have to find out what that means for the gaming industry.

So here you fucking nerds, play with this thread for about week then move on to the next genre "you want to get into".

Still responds to BLOO
    I'm getting back into The King of Fighters 13 and it's still as good as ever, I really fucking hope KOF14 can deliver at least an on par performance with the gameplay while making the online passable, allowing what was a growing interest following that really EVO 2012 KOF13 tournament to blossom into a larger player base for everyone. They're right there on the cusp, god dammit.

SNK, the Future is Now. Seize it.

That's not a knife...
    Fighting games aren't that great.

Honkey Kong
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR KILLER INSTINCTS EXCLUSIVELY ON XBOX ONE

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    Fighting games aren't that great.
    Yeah you dumb.

Killer Instinct isn't going to be any good and I feel sorry for anyone who thinks otherwise.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I like Dead or Alive, everything else is too hard.

That's not a knife...
    Damn, Used beat me on troll level.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
    Killer Instinct isn't going to be any good and I feel sorry for anyone who thinks otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Yeah you dumb Sephiroth.
    Phil is right!!!

Pwnd
    CvS2 is coming out on PSN today, for anybody that gives a fuck.

Also, $3 Third Strike on XBL.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Phil is right!!!

Still responds to BLOO
    3rd Strike on XBL is currently the only game the Old n' Deep Fuckers(Yours truly and KD Alpha) reside at the moment. If you want to go from the tutorial straight to the final boss go ahead and get it cheap and set up a play session.

For reals though. Anyone got any good arcade stick preferences or knowledge they'd like to pass on for someone uninitiated to fight sticks (me).

If any of you fucks pick up 3rd Strike you have to play me in it. It happened with 4, it'll happen with 3. Just bend over and take it deep, you'll come to enjoy it eventually.

But foreals, 3rd Strike is the Grown Man fighter. It's difficult to do much of anything in that game, but winning is much more rewarding in this game than in most any other fighter. Grabbing it for only 3 dollars is a steal and shouldn't even be a question. Stop reading this and go buy an excellent fighter for 3 dollars. Did I mention that a fantastic video game is available for only 3 dollars? Because 3 dollars.

For reals though. Anyone got any good arcade stick preferences or knowledge they'd like to pass on for someone uninitiated to fight sticks (me).

Depends on what you like. Qanba, MadCatz, Hori, Vewlix, Arcade in a Box...there's a ton of choices. If you don't have any preferences, start out cheap and get an inexpensive stick. They're usually flawed, but you'll develop preferences and grow used to using a stick. Once you narrow what it is you want you can customize a stick as much as you want until you have the one you like best.

Honkey Kong
    tfw Bloo created this thread as a supposed troll on newcomers but in reality it's a ruse to take attention away from KD's thread so he don't get that gold thumb.

Has anyone heard anymore about KoF13 coming to pc? It was found listed on Steam awhile ago, but haven't heard a peep since. Me gusta.

Still responds to BLOO

Get a square gate on the arcade joystick, high end Madcatz and Hori sticks come with those already, the Circle or Octagon gates are remnants of the American arcade cabinets, you're better off getting adept with the golden standard now when you go over to people's houses to play and you forget your stick. The cheapest high end stick you can buy from a major company is this Soul Calibur TE stick Madcatz is trying to get rid of for 100 bucks, it's functionally as good as any of the other sticks.

http://store.gameshark.com/listCateg...idCategory=274

Scroll down to find it.

- - - Updated - - -

tfw Bloo created this thread as a supposed troll on newcomers but in reality it's a ruse to take attention away from KD's thread so he don't get that gold thumb.
    i Ōne dis game

Quote Originally Posted by KD_Alpha View Post
    If any of you fucks pick up 3rd Strike you have to play me in it. It happened with 4, it'll happen with 3. Just bend over and take it deep, you'll come to enjoy it eventually.

But foreals, 3rd Strike is the Grown Man fighter. It's difficult to do much of anything in that game, but winning is much more rewarding in this game than in most any other fighter. Grabbing it for only 3 dollars is a steal and shouldn't even be a question. Stop reading this and go buy an excellent fighter for 3 dollars. Did I mention that a fantastic video game is available for only 3 dollars? Because 3 dollars.
    I have Third Strike, but holy fuck do I suck at it.

Nothing can take away from the greatness that is MY Super thread. This thread will die just as quickly as it was made. Super is the only standard. I guess if I wanted to update it again we could change the title to Ultra SFIV, but the Ultrafriends don't sound as cool as the Supafriends.

Edit:

I have Third Strike, but holy fuck do I suck at it.

I sucked when I started too, but it just takes getting used to how things work and executing within the game's rules. Once you get it though the game becomes amazingly fun. Still possibly the best SF to date.