Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: What game from this cycle do you regret not playing?

  1. #1
    [Level 6: Robot]
    Scield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Posts
    1,186

    What game from this cycle do you regret not playing?

    Seeing as how we're near the unofficial end of this cycle, what are some games from this generation that you always wanted to play but for one reason or the other, haven't.

    For me I would have to say Bully (I know, it was last Gen too but shut up), Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Skyward Sword. I'm sure there are a ton mire, I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

    The good news is over the next few months I'm going to work through my backlog and maybe try to get to some if these.
    Sent from my Nokia 920 using Board Express Pro

  2. #2
    Fatherhood.



    But seriously, probably anything worth playing on PS3. I forget what is in that category. Right now it's The Last of Us.

  3. #3
    [Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    AboveUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,134
    Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Uncharted, Skyward Sword. Oh, and technically last gen, but I'm counting Persona 4 because the hype didn't really get underway until this gen.

    I'll likely come back to those when I can afford to, but I've just been incredibly poor for half of this generation.

  4. #4
    [Level 12: CHET]
    Everyday Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gunshine State
    Posts
    11,929
    I haven't played Darksiders II, largely because the first one bored the piss out of me. But I have heard that not playing it is a very large mistake from a metric assload of people, so I will eventually get around to it.

  5. #5
    [Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    PhilKenSebben's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sacksofmenyo
    Posts
    6,705
    I wouldn't say its a mistake. Its a cool, solid game. MUCH better than the first, but you aren't missing out on a masterpiece.

    As for me, Metro: Last Light and a lot of indies I can't think off the top of my head. So many damn good games the past couple years.

  6. #6
    [Level 6: Robot]
    Scield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Posts
    1,186
    I liked the first Darksiders. It just wasn't what I wanted to play at the time so I never finished it or tried the second one. Also, I never had a PS3 so a lot of their stuff I never played.
    Sent from my Nokia 920 using Board Express Pro

  7. #7
    [Level 4: Cyborg] JuiceMcNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    145
    Definitely Halo: Reach and Halo 4 are two I wish I would have gotten a chance to play. I just barely bought an Xbox 360 in the last year so it is just something I never got around to. I was considering picking-up or borrowing from a friend as I only really want to play the campaign, but I just have too many other games that I need to finish.

  8. #8
    [Level 12: CHET]
    Everyday Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gunshine State
    Posts
    11,929
    Both are worth playing on their own merits, but Halo 4 lacks that Bungie touch that runs so deeply through Reach.

  9. #9
    [Level 8: Skynet]
    Shinryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,824
    I guess Scribblenauts. I always wanted to get a DS but kept putting it off due to not enough time/Nintendo's constant revisions. The 3DS looks like it's here to stay, thought, so I might jump in. Or just get the new one on Steam.
    I also feel like I'm missing out for not playing Valkyria Chronicles. I have a sealed copy I bought a couple of years ago but never got around to playing it.

    btw, don't feel bad about Skyrim, people. It's a decent game but nowhere worth 100+ hours of your time.

  10. #10
    [Level 6: Robot]
    Scield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceMcNasty View Post
    Definitely Halo: Reach and Halo 4 are two I wish I would have gotten a chance to play. I just barely bought an Xbox 360 in the last year so it is just something I never got around to. I was considering picking-up or borrowing from a friend as I only really want to play the campaign, but I just have too many other games that I need to finish.
    I would also try ODST if you haven't tried that.

    Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

  11. #11
    Pwnd
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22,376
    Pretty much all the PS3 exclusives. First to come to mind is the Joker DLC for Arkham Asylum, the Infamous games, I think they've had a few superhero MMO's as well. And Metal Gear, whichever one it was. Haven't played any of those since the one in the woods so I don't even know where they are with that now.

    It's kind of funny because I'm trying to think of Xbox exclusives which I'm really glad I got to play, and...to be honest I'm just coming up blank there, lol. I hear Skyrim runs much better on my current system though, so that's definitely a positive.

  12. #12
    [Level 8: Skynet]
    Shinryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Pretty much all the PS3 exclusives. First to come to mind is the Joker DLC for Arkham Asylum, the Infamous games, I think they've had a few superhero MMO's as well. And Metal Gear, whichever one it was. Haven't played any of those since the one in the woods so I don't even know where they are with that now.
    That would be MGS3. The PS3 exclusive is MGS4, definitely one of the best games this gen, unless long cutscenes give you hives. (in which case you can skip them and it's still damn good).

    PS3 Skyrim is the worst version, although I got it late and most of the bugs had already been patched out. The loading times are still crappy though. PC Skyrim is the best from what I hear.

  13. #13
    [Level 4: Cyborg] JuiceMcNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday Legend View Post
    Both are worth playing on their own merits, but Halo 4 lacks that Bungie touch that runs so deeply through Reach.
    That is what my buddy was telling me, he said I am almost not better off playing Halo 4 unless I am more so interested in the multi-player aspect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scield View Post
    I would also try ODST if you haven't tried that.
    Good call, I almost forgot about ODST!



    Well not it seems I have three Halo games I need to catch up on haha.

  14. #14
    Pwnd
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22,376
    Yeah, come to think of it I am glad I got to play Halo 3. That game had a crazy awesome community when it first came out. I even ran across this model in Miami who would add us on Myspace (this was a while back mind you) and send out pics. That was fun.

  15. #15
    [Level 12: CHET]
    Everyday Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gunshine State
    Posts
    11,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    I also feel like I'm missing out for not playing Valkyria Chronicles. I have a sealed copy I bought a couple of years ago but never got around to playing it.
    There are very few actual statements you can be 100% about. Most things have shades of gray.

    This is not one of them. You're only hurting yourself, here - game is FUCKING AWESOME.

  16. #16
    [Level 2: Human] NeoTurbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday Legend View Post
    There are very few actual statements you can be 100% about. Most things have shades of gray.

    This is not one of them. You're only hurting yourself, here - game is FUCKING AWESOME.
    Agreed 100%! Thatgames it's probably one of, if not THE beast and most hard to find for PS3.

    Anyway for the topic, for me one of them would be that Folklore game that came out early PS3. Like Shinryu, I did buy it awhile ago, but I keep forgetting about it. Which is weird since I'm usually all about interesting pseudo-fariytale stuff.

  17. #17
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    Edd Strid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,278
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    I wouldn't say its a mistake. Its a cool, solid game. MUCH better than the first, but you aren't missing out on a masterpiece.

    As for me, Metro: Last Light and a lot of indies I can't think off the top of my head. So many damn good games the past couple years.
    Definitely agree with the Darksiders 2 comment, it's a decent game, still has some flaws but nothing truly outstanding to be one of those games you definitely must play, I'd only really follow it up if you've played the first to conclusion.

    I'll state the same as others have mentioned here, pretty much anything that's been a PS3 exclusive barring Journey and the PixelJunk games.

  18. #18
    [Level 8: Skynet]
    Gorilla Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Erogenous Zone
    Posts
    2,753
    One more for ODST although I remember being excited for it because I heard it was more stealthy and tactical than the other Halo games because you were just playing a grunt but lost interest quickly when I heard it was just like every other Halo game.

    Also heard it's only like 3-4 hours.

  19. #19
    [Level 5: Mech] Scrustle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Organs in Mains
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday Legend View Post
    I haven't played Darksiders II, largely because the first one bored the piss out of me. But I have heard that not playing it is a very large mistake from a metric assload of people, so I will eventually get around to it.
    I love the game, but to be honest if you didn't like the first it's unlikely you'll like the second. It's basically the same except there's more of it. Also some mostly inconsequential RPG elements and PoP '08 style platforming which is actually pretty smooth.

    But for stuff I wish I played, a lot of it is Sony exclusives. Been thinking recently about actually getting a PS3 to fix that since the Xbox policy change means I probably will wait on getting a PS4 now. But every time I go on Amazon and put everything in my basket I look at it and I just see stuff that I can't justify the price for. That's always been my feeling when I've looked in to getting a PS3. Many of them are just HD versions of games I already have too.

  20. #20
    [Level 12: CHET]
    Everyday Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gunshine State
    Posts
    11,929
    Just went on a savings spree today - copped Uncharted 3, Asura's Wrath, XCOM:EU all on PS3 for $49.85 at my awesome local mom n' pop.


    Then, as my wife is shopping at the mall, I run inside the GameStop I used to rule with an iron fist many moons ago, and pick up Sin & Punishment: Star Successor on the Wii, brand fucking new, $9.99. Shit you not.

    4 awesome games for less than sixty. Get on my motherfucking level.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •