Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Oh, I thought phase 3 characters were transferring to phase 4, but only characters created in phase 4 would transfer to the full game.

Also, I need to figure out what's going on with my computer so that I can play it on there for more than an hour or so. Otherwise, I'll need to get a keyboard that I can use on my ps3 so that I can still talk while playing.

Juice Box
    Cool, I wanted to main a support / healer anyway. I wonder if those new jobs will at least be somewhat support heavy. The Summoner seems to be offensive based, but I'm not sure about the others.

White Mage is an advanced healer, Bard gives lots of status buffs to the team.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    nvm
    Last edited by King Süshi; 07-01-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: reading comp

Quote Originally Posted by Square
    We’ve seen the feedback that the amount of Grand Company seals rewarded for completing Grand Company leves is too small, and we are planning to adjust the amounts. Additionally, for launch we are looking into adding a system that adds bonuses depending on assignment evaluation.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...293#post874293

Fuck yeah. Now I'ma buy 20 fancy coats.

Juice Box
    The arcanist seems neat. Massive debuffs are always nice granted this is the kind of game that gives you a noticeable benefit from using them! DoT can suck though if you need to nuke an enemy before they have a chance to retaliate.. How do you guys perceive the buff / debuff system?

It sounds like we're getting another weekend after this one. The Phase 3 outline lists a final check for server stability at the end, but this weekend is to stress the Duty Finder, a system which allows people to team up with another quickly to do group events. The Duty Finder stress test is a separate test from the stability test, and it's scheduled before the final test.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...807-03-2013%29

I updated the drivers for my video card, so hopefully that will fix whatever was causing my pc to crash. Knowing my luck, though, it probably won't. If not, then I'll just go out and get one of those little keyboards for my PS3 controller. I also have a headset for the PS3 if there's voice chat.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    I updated the drivers for my video card, so hopefully that will fix whatever was causing my pc to crash. Knowing my luck, though, it probably won't. If not, then I'll just go out and get one of those little keyboards for my PS3 controller. I also have a headset for the PS3 if there's voice chat.
    I got my Bluetooth keyboard for around $50 a few years ago, but I'd check if a USB one might work. No voice chat for the game, unfortunately.

Dunno what you just said but more time with this is good. I assume we're using the same characters on the same servers as last weekend? I don't have a clue what kind of character I want to make for the next phase and the game proper because I really have no idea when it comes to MMO gaming. Guess I'll just roll with whatever and get my ass beat until I figure it out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasto View Post
    I got my Bluetooth keyboard for around $50 a few years ago, but I'd check if a USB one might work. No voice chat for the game, unfortunately.
    I've seen a Logitech keyboard specifically advertised as working for the PS3, but it was something like $80. That was a few years ago, though, so it may be cheaper now. What I was thinking of, though, was the typepad that fits onto the top of the dualshock, similar to the one that fits on the bottom of the 360 controller.

I've used Dell USB keyboards with my machine, I've always been under the impression that all USB keyboards are supported?

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    I've seen a Logitech keyboard specifically advertised as working for the PS3, but it was something like $80. That was a few years ago, though, so it may be cheaper now. What I was thinking of, though, was the typepad that fits onto the top of the dualshock, similar to the one that fits on the bottom of the 360 controller.
    Yeah, that's the one I have, but I got it cheap as an open box item. I don't know how comfortable a chatpad would be for it, but that's your call. I would recommend the usb keyboard route from a cost and usability standpoint, if the Bluetooth is still expensive. You'll get really tired of typing /p before everything on a chatpad I would imagine.

When I played FFXI on the PS2 and then the 360, I always had an inexpensive USB keyboard on my lap while holding a controller. It worked well, and it was definitely necessary. In the heat of battle, you need to be able to relay information quickly, easily, and accurately.

Honkey Kong
    Having built in party chat would fix this problem #XBOXLIFE

Amazon has a used "like new" Logitech for $23 shipped. But, you can get a usb for around $10 probably. You can use a mouse on the PS3 version as well, but I can't imagine wanting to. I'd say get the Logitech if you think you'll use it a lot or for other things, otherwise just get a cheap USB. I will say, the Logitech is really nice, just due to not having to mess with having a wire (I have cats) and the 2 button touchpad on it is nice. The actual keys aren't that great though, I mistype a lot when using it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Having built in party chat would fix this problem #XBOXLIFE
    It'd be nice if you dicks would party chat for poor, outdated, non-Skype capable Blasto.

Honkey Kong
    Blaming the keys lol. WHO YOU FOOLING BLASTO?

Blaming the keys lol. WHO YOU FOOLING BLASTO?
    Is that the best troll you got for me today? C'mon man, you're better than that.

Honkey Kong
    The truth is not a troll sir. I've never seen so much misspelled hate speech in my life.

The truth is not a troll sir. I've never seen so much misspelled hate speech in my life.
    And have you ever used a 5 or so year old Logitech PlayStation 3 Cordless MediaBoard Pro for the Playstation 3 computer entertainment system? What's that? You haven't and you're full of shit? Oh. Shocking.