Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Wii U / 3DS

[Level 8: Skynet]

Super Smash Bros. Wii U / 3DS

The OFFICIAL SITE has been updated with character bios.

Looking good! All characters will be playable on Wii U and 3DS, however stages will differ depending on platform. The Animal Crossing Villager looks appropriately weird. He has the ability to grab any projectile or item and store it for later use. Pretty cool.

Spoiler!

Whoa! NES-style Mega Man joins the battle. Fucking badass.

Spoiler!

Whoa!! Wii Fit Trainer joins the battle! Wait, that doesn't sound cool at all. (Actually, she looks awesome. The video sold me.)

Looking forward to more character reveals. I'll try to keep this post updated as they get announced.

Character Roster as of 7/17/13

Returning Characters:
    Mario
    Luigi
    Peach
    Bowser
    Yoshi
    Donkey Kong
    Diddy Kong
    Link
    Zelda
    Sheik
    Toon Link
    Samus
    Zero Suit Samus
    Fox
    Kirby
    King Dedede
    Marth
    Ike
    Captain Falcon
    Pikmin & Olimar
    Pikachu
    Charizard
    Lucario
    Pit
    Sonic

New Challengers:
    Villager (Animal Crossing)
    Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)
    Mega Man (Mega Man)
    Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario Galaxy)
    Little Mac (Punch-Out!)
    Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
    Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
    Mii Fighters (the Wii)
    Greninja (Pokemon)
    Robin (Fire Emblem)
    Lucina (Fire Emblem)
    Last edited by Corduroy Turtle; 07-16-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corduroy Turtle View Post

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I heard early on that this game was going to have a much smaller roster than Wii's and GC's - anyone know if that's still the case? I'm not fond of the two new characters, but what matters more is if they got rid of the floaty and trip-filled gameplay.

My understanding was they were going to remove a lot of the pallet-swap characters -- Toon Link, Ganon, Falco, etc. It's sort of a bummer because Toon Link and Ganon were some of my favorites from Brawl.

I can only assume they've taken the trip mechanic out. No one liked that.

No Falco, no sale.

Juice Box
    The trip mechanic was funny, although annoying. I didn't mind it looking back, even if it did come up in tournaments. It's not supposed to be a brutally competitive fighting game... But it always ends up as one. xD I doubt they will do balance changes and stuff, but we'll see. The tripping mechanic was a reminder that it was just for funzies for the most part. Imo obviously.

I'm maining Villager!

As far as the Brawl exclusive characters, I'm really gonna miss Snake but Sonic can fuck right off. He was terrible.

Juice Box
    Why didn't you like him? I thought all the characters had something fun to offer.

Juice Box
    Also, I love the different flavors Nintendo is giving us for characters at this point. The trailers look awesome, I can't wait!!

As long as they have Captain Falcon, Im good.

Quote Originally Posted by pk fire View Post
    Why didn't you like him? I thought all the characters had something fun to offer.
    Admittedly, I'm not a Sonic fan at all, so that may have had something to do with it. Love the music and his stage was alright but I didn't like the way he played at all. I'm not sure what I would have changed, he just didn't jive with me.

Juice Box
    Some turkeys can't jive. I couldn't play King Dedede at all, but he was hailed as God-like for awhile.

Knuckles or Tails would have been cooler; maybe we'll see them this time around.

Since Namco Bandai is involved in development, there's a pretty good chance one of their characters will make the cut this time. I don't know much about the Tales series but I would fully support a Tekken character being included. Yoshimitsu or Heihachi would be neato, even if neither of them really make much sense.

Juice Box
    If there was a Tales character, I would think it would be Llyod from Tales of Symphonia. That would make sense to me, as it was a game for GCN, and it was massively popular. At least in Japan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Corduroy Turtle View Post
    Since Namco Bandai is involved in development, there's a pretty good chance one of their characters will make the cut this time. I don't know much about the Tales series but I would fully support a Tekken character being included. Yoshimitsu or Heihachi would be neato, even if neither of them really make much sense.

@King Sushi: Hahaha, I'm sure people would go nuts for that. Maybe if they also announce Dark Souls II for Wii U?

I would buy a WiiU for it.

Beast Master
    The Wii U version looks beautiful. I'm sure the 3DS one will look great once in my hands, but when back to back with the console version in that video it looks lacking.

Juice Box
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    The Wii U version looks beautiful. I'm sure the 3DS one will look great once in my hands, but when back to back with the console version in that video it looks lacking.
    I know what you mean. I'm concerned about how the 3DS controls will be, my hands cramp up after playing for too long because I have larger hands. The thumbstick too doesn't seem like the most robust choice for constantly jamming either.

What did you guys Think of the level layouts? It looks like a lot of beautiful levels with more traditional designs. For instance, most of them looked flat with a few platforms. I personally like that a lot considering the most played level for me was final Destination.

Gerudo Valley was awesome but they're considering it a mobile game stage so that sucks, Skyward Sword's floating city might be nice.

I always thought final designation was too small. Hyrule and Corneria were always my favorites. I was down for wave dashing skill levels of competition, but the thought process of requiring the most (editunimaginative stage to be fair is just overkill to me.
    Last edited by Arttemis; 06-12-2013 at 10:19 AM.