Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: E3 2013

Looks like the only game there that's exclusive to consoles that I care about is Destiny. I think The Division isn't on PC either.

Also, I'm sure they'll be some 360-layout PS4 controllers out there in the future that are good.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Maybe it's because I did so much gaming last gen on the PS2 or because I'm not a mutant with freakishly large hands, but I've never understood the hate the Dualshock gets in regards to the stick placement. I understand people not liking the convex nature of the sticks and the trigger buttons, but that's about it. To my knowledge, I've never had an issue with things like my thumbs touching or hand cramps or anything like that. That said, though, I do agree that the 360 controller is very comfortable, and would certainly not be opposed to the DS4 using offset sticks. However, choosing to buy one console over the other simply because of the controller's analog stick placement just boggles my mind.

Honkey Kong
    Some smart entrepreneur is gathering capital to take advantage of the massive 360 to PS4 migration through a good offset sticks controller.

I will take a controller built for everything over something built for shooter's and shooters only any day.

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    I understand people not liking the convex nature of the sticks and the trigger buttons, but that's about it. To my knowledge, I've never had an issue with things like my thumbs touching or hand cramps or anything like that.
    My left thumb would always slide off the stick when holding forward. Sometimes I would do this thing where I would use the index finger of my right hand to crane over and hold the stick while I repositioned(<the fuck, that's not a typo) my thumb. And as mentioned by others I enjoy the resistance of the 360 sticks more. I have had my thumbs touch on the DualShock before, but it wasn't frequent enough to be an issue.

Beast Master
    That is one of the best yet, and pretty much perfectly captures what's going on.

For real.

What's that from?

Honkey Kong
    4GIFs.com

lol. I was actually expecting someone to say E3 so well done for surprising me.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    4GIFs.com
    In association with Imgur.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    What's that from?
    Premium Rush.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Fly View Post
    I will take a controller built for everything over something built for shooter's and shooters only any day.
    Just because the 360/One controller is good for shooters doesn't mean it's NOT good for other genres of games. Having the left analog in the primary position just makes sense since the majority of games these days are 3D rather than 2D. At least that's how I feel.

I don't even mind the Wii U Pro controller. It looks pretty slick.

Honkey Kong
    I'm the same way. 360 controller excelled at shooters but was good for just about everything else. Dualshock kicks it's ass for the Souls games though. We'll see how it does with third person shooters tomorrow when Last of Us drops.

Pwnd
    The Goon Squad is opening up a PS3 franchise. Our first expansion.

Honkey Kong
    Victor better add me on that bitch.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    On the controllers subject, I also thought it would be hard to get used to the Dualshock 3, after having a 360 for 2 years (I switched to the PS3 after my 2nd RROD), but I adapted pretty quickly.

And I never even had a PS1 or PS2 (after the Sega Megadrive I went on to PC gaming up until this current gen.)

I still think the 360 controller is better, but the Dualshock's fine.

Edit: also, what you guys usually play together on MP? Blops 2?

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    I know this is random as fuck, but Imma just drop this in the middle of the room for effect.

Honkey Kong
    Blops 2 on 360. On PS3 gonna check out Last of Us and Killzone 3.

Pwnd
    I'm going to be dipping out of Live soon though, so I'll be exclusively on the PS3 when my Live runs out. There's just no reason for me to continue paying for that shit, not when I have a launch PS4 already pre-ordered on Amazon.

On a similar note, I now have a year's worth of Live cards that I need to get rid of somehow.