Thread: PS3 FNF: May 10th Edition

[Level 6: Robot]

PS3 FNF: May 10th Edition

Welcome to the weekly Friday Night Fights planning thread. FNF is a Destructoid community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS3 FNF community blog on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just follow the instructions below.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev, Czar of the Friday Night Fights
    To play:
    • Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list here can change several times throughout the week.

• Leave a message here with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.

• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.

To host:
    • If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific title, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already. If there is anything else, like lobby names, DLC requirements, or passwords, note that as well. If you don't include these things, your game may not be listed.

• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.

• Check the comments, both here and on the blog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
    Look at all the games we can play! I'll finally be checking out that Blaz Blue shenaniganry & this Sleeping Dogs thing as it is apparently neat. Woo PS+.

All times Eastern.

Game: Fuse Demo
    Time: 9pm
    Host: Trev
    PSN: ElZilcho

Game: Black Ops II?
    Time: 1030pm (give or take the time required for the Fuse Demo)
    Host: CornflakeJustice
    PSN: cornflakejustice

Game: Soul Sacrifice
    Time: 12am
    Host: Trev
    PSN: ElZilcho
    Our PS Vita Premiere!
    Last edited by CornflakeJustice; 05-09-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Fuse Demo, 9pm; Soul Sacrifice, 12am.

You copied the wrong template again so I just deleted the old one. Fix the color tag.

Oooh, you know what, I've just been using my drive space to do it. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CornflakeJustice View Post
    Oooh, you know what, I've just been using my drive space to do it. My bad.
    I forgot that google docs basically gives you a copy of it. You probably haven't opened up my folder on it in forever.

Now that I'm not sitting at a drive thru, you got blazblue, or is this a plus thing? I think it's the vita blazblue that's going up for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    I forgot that google docs basically gives you a copy of it. You probably haven't opened up my folder on it in forever.

Now that I'm not sitting at a drive thru, you got blazblue, or is this a plus thing? I think it's the vita blazblue that's going up for free.
    Yeah that's pretty much exactly what happened.

And that's annoying as all hell. I don't care enough about fighting games to buy the game but free would have been awesome. I suppose it probably was too much to expect two full ps3 games in a month.

No vidya games for me this week. Going out of town to visit my lovely parental unit for Mother's Day.

Have fun!

Didn't see the question earlier. Yes, Soul Sacrifice is vita only. Since Vita (and most portable games) tend to lack a full online multiplayer, I think it makes sense to just roll them into the FNF blog like Nintendo FNF does.

I'll have to decide if we're going to use a vita party to talk (if everyone has a bluetooth or other mic for their vita) or a PS3 chat room (if not) or if someone is just going to be out in the cold while we chat it up.

I'm cool with that. Though I'll be out of the Vita chat seeings as I don't have one. So I unno what the plan there is.

WE'LL MISS YOU KIM!

Really looking forward to this week's FNF. It will finally be time to put my new PS3 through its proper paces after the ever-living hell that is known as Finals Week. After 5 PM Friday May 10th I don't have to give a damn about anything class-related until the summer semester starts.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenholtEX View Post
    Really looking forward to this week's FNF. It will finally be time to put my new PS3 through its proper paces after the ever-living hell that is known as Finals Week. After 5 PM Friday May 10th I don't have to give a damn about anything class-related until the summer semester starts.
    Looking forward to having you! Any games you want to play? And don't forget to include a note in your friend requests if you're joining other folks!

Well, I just got my PS3, so I haven't been able to rebuild my game library just yet. All the multiplayer games I have right now for PS3 are only the ones you get with a PS+ account, and I haven't been able to go pick up my copy of Soul Sacrifice. However, I do have BlazBlue: CSE for Vita, (I had it and the Vita before the PS3; weird, huh?) if anyone else would be interested in playing that.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenholtEX View Post
    Well, I just got my PS3, so I haven't been able to rebuild my game library just yet. All the multiplayer games I have right now for PS3 are only the ones you get with a PS+ account, and I haven't been able to go pick up my copy of Soul Sacrifice. However, I do have BlazBlue: CSE for Vita, (I had it and the Vita before the PS3; weird, huh?) if anyone else would be interested in playing that.
    I know a couple people play it on the PS3, and I think it's free for Vita soon, if you give me a time I can happily post it to the blog, but I do need your specific details to do so.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Cool, I shall be on Soul Sacrifice. I've just been hacking my new phone all day with tethering so I can use an actual fast internet connection.