Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Games That Deserve A Sequel / Remake / Another Entry In The Series

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]

Games That Deserve A Sequel / Remake / Another Entry In The Series

We've all played one.

You know, the game that you pick up, fall in love with, adore for the rest of your natural life - and somehow, these games are usually the first ones left cold and abandoned by their publisher or developer. Whether the problems are financial (studio closed), sales-related (didn't move enough copies to warrant faith in a sequel) or just because the house responsible for its creation continues to have its head firmly lodged up its own ass (see: Capcom + Power Stone), there's always a reason why the deserved next outing never materialized.

So, my question to the group is this: what games deserve a second shot at life​?

Personally, I listed one of my choices in a very sly fashion (Power Stone), but my all-time number one is tied between two games.

I'd love to see a new Rival Schools. That's the one franchise that must not be allowed to die.

Also, if SNK can keep making quality KOF games, what the fuck is keeping them from breathing life back into Mark Of The Wolves?

Feel free to get as obscure or as obvious as you like (Legacy of Kain, BG&E, etc).

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I could've sworn a thread like this existed a long time ago, but I'm too lazy/busy to look for it. Personally, I'm still pissed that Sony never made a sequel or prequel to Legend of Dragoon.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    GOONIES 2

Beast Master
    We need a third StarTropics game. Need.

And I was thinking last night how I'd buy an HD remake of the first Fable game (or The Lost Chapters version). I'd want a dog added like in the sequels, and an improved version of the child raising/family aspect from the sequels. But definitely keep Jack of Blades' voice from the original and not the extended Lost Chapters voice.

I'd pay money for both of those, no questions asked.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Grim Fandango. A prequel explaining how Manny ended working for the DoD or Salvador's past or just Glottis being Glottis....anything. I would do unscrupulous activities for its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    I could've sworn a thread like this existed a long time ago, but I'm too lazy/busy to look for it. Personally, I'm still pissed that Sony never made a sequel or prequel to Legend of Dragoon.
    I looked, tried like five different search terms and miscellaneous operators in Advanced Search, and came up with a veritable sea of unrelated shit. I could wager that there would be a thread like this on just about any videogame website forum, but as it got lost in what could only be described as the shuffliest of shuffles...

...it's come to this.

My default answer to this question is always Mirror's Edge.

Wonderful game with a great original concept, and a brilliant fresh art style. Had some really amazing and unique moments, but overall needed improving. It's the perfect candidate.

Bully needs a sequel too. It came out at kind of an odd time on old hardware, so it kind of got left behind. It was really cool though, and it was also a pretty cool original idea with lots of character.

It would be great if there was another Amped game as well. Amped 3 was so cool, but it was so long ago and the studio got shut down right after release. For years after that we hardly got any snowboarding games this gen, and no good ones. Even SSX was disappointing.

I'd have loved Test Drive Unlimited to get the sequel it deserved too. The one we got actually wasn't that bad. Pretty fun in my opinion, but it wasn't the TDU2 that could have been.

Syndicate (the isometric strategy one from the early 90's, that is.)

Syndicate Wars was pretty good but went completely in a different direction to the original, making it more about scripted missions and a central static storyline. Whereas the original was a bit more open, and a bit like X-Com the game seemed to respond to how you played. Given how much the technology (and budgets) have come along since then it'd be cool to see a new Syndicate where there's an intelligent and responsive world system running in the background as the story and gameplay shifts around your actions. Again, sort of like the 'make your own story' thing you get with X-Com and the remake XCOM.

I could list a whole host of Survival Horror games that I'd love to see sequels or remakes for but Syndicate strikes me as a game that could break new ground if remade properly.

Eternal Darkness. Though I'm still not sure what happens if you actually play it three times, so maybe not.

Fuck yes. Eternal Darkness sequel on the Wii U needs to be a thing that I play.

Does anyone even own the rights to it anymore?

What do I look like, Google?

You look like an angry Arab. I just thought you might know since we were talking about it. That's how civilized people have conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Eternal Darkness. Though I'm still not sure what happens if you actually play it three times, so maybe not.
    I have that, still need to sit down and play it at some point. Damn lack of time and linear nature of space-time continuum

You should, it's quite the trip.

And it looks like Nintendo renewed the trademark on the name in 2011.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    How has Dark Cloud not been said yet? Best game I've ever played in numerous ways. It needs to happen.

Also, custom robo.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    And it looks like Nintendo renewed the trademark on the name in 2011.
    If you're waiting on a sequel, it won't happen.

Silicon Knights (or what was left of them) used money meant for X-Men Destiny to make an Eternal Darkness 2 demo and got caught out for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo renewed to spite Denis Dyack and stop him from using the name, since he burned bridges with the company.

It's as dead as the dodo.
    Last edited by Stevil; 04-11-2013 at 04:46 PM.

I hate shit like that. This fucking industry.

You look like an angry Arab. I just thought you might know since we were talking about it. That's how civilized people have conversations.
    Civilized? What's that?