Thread: Disqus App

[Level 6: Robot]

Disqus App

Does anyone use the Disqus app? I just downloaded it on Windows Phone and I wanted to use it to comment on Dtoid articles, however, I can't link my account from Dtoid to my account in Disqus. Does anyone use this that can give me a few tips?

Head Robot & Destructoid Founder Niero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scield View Post
    Does anyone use the Disqus app? I just downloaded it on Windows Phone and I wanted to use it to comment on Dtoid articles, however, I can't link my account from Dtoid to my account in Disqus. Does anyone use this that can give me a few tips?
    Try clicking the manage account button and then clicking "merge"

http://destructoid.com/user_edit_comment_settings.phtml

To successfully merge you'll need both your Disqus and Dtoid accounts to have the same email address. Check that your email is correct here:

http://destructoid.com/user_edit_login.phtml

Thanks for replying, Niero. I tried to do the manage account thing before but for some reason it can't find my Dtoid account. Ill keep messing around with it. Thanks!

Just an update for anyone else who is having this issue, for some reason Destructoid is listed as Modern Method on Disqus. I didn't know that until I talked to their support staff. It was in front of me the whole time. I'm an ass.

Hi, I did everything including merging my account and having the email addresses the same. It worked for a while but now Disqus using my full name and I haven't even set that up. I may be overlooking things but any suggestions?

Maybe check the settings in your Disqus account? I also found out that the Disqus support staff is pretty helpful and replies pretty fast so you can try them too.

Yeah I checked that too and put the "Full Name" option with my desired username, but alas, its still using my full name. I pretty much gave up and deleted the Disqus account, hoping my full name would revert back to my Dtoid username. It hasn't yet as far as I know and this is happening to all the sites I use Disqus with. Dtoid, Ign, etc. The only time I can post as Parismio is if I'm logged out of the site, which apparently, is the only way to actually use the my Disqus account.

Don't know if you're still reading this but I started to have the same problem. I just erased my real name from Disqus and it defaulted to my Dtoid name for the comments.