[Level 6: Robot]
    Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    Scield
    XBL
    Scield

Disqus App

Does anyone use the Disqus app? I just downloaded it on Windows Phone and I wanted to use it to comment on Dtoid articles, however, I can't link my account from Dtoid to my account in Disqus. Does anyone use this that can give me a few tips?

Head Robot & Destructoid Founder Niero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scield View Post
    Does anyone use the Disqus app? I just downloaded it on Windows Phone and I wanted to use it to comment on Dtoid articles, however, I can't link my account from Dtoid to my account in Disqus. Does anyone use this that can give me a few tips?
    Try clicking the manage account button and then clicking "merge"

http://destructoid.com/user_edit_comment_settings.phtml

To successfully merge you'll need both your Disqus and Dtoid accounts to have the same email address. Check that your email is correct here:

http://destructoid.com/user_edit_login.phtml

Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    Scield
    XBL
    Scield
    Thanks for replying, Niero. I tried to do the manage account thing before but for some reason it can't find my Dtoid account. Ill keep messing around with it. Thanks!

Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    Scield
    XBL
    Scield
    Just an update for anyone else who is having this issue, for some reason Destructoid is listed as Modern Method on Disqus. I didn't know that until I talked to their support staff. It was in front of me the whole time. I'm an ass.

Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    [none]
    Hi, I did everything including merging my account and having the email addresses the same. It worked for a while but now Disqus using my full name and I haven't even set that up. I may be overlooking things but any suggestions?

Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    Scield
    XBL
    Scield
    Maybe check the settings in your Disqus account? I also found out that the Disqus support staff is pretty helpful and replies pretty fast so you can try them too.

Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    [none]
    Yeah I checked that too and put the "Full Name" option with my desired username, but alas, its still using my full name. I pretty much gave up and deleted the Disqus account, hoping my full name would revert back to my Dtoid username. It hasn't yet as far as I know and this is happening to all the sites I use Disqus with. Dtoid, Ign, etc. The only time I can post as Parismio is if I'm logged out of the site, which apparently, is the only way to actually use the my Disqus account.

Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    Scield
    XBL
    Scield
    Don't know if you're still reading this but I started to have the same problem. I just erased my real name from Disqus and it defaulted to my Dtoid name for the comments.