Welcome to the weekly Friday Night Fights planning thread. If you aren't familiar with Friday Night Fights, it's a Destructoid community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS3 FNF community blog and Destructoid front page on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just read the instructions below and drop your info.
Originally Posted by Trev, Czar of the Friday Night Fights
To play: • Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list here can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message here with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
To host: • If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already. If there is anything else, like lobby names, DLC requirements, or passwords, note that as well.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, both here and on the blog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
Game: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Time: "Late, after Call of Duty"
PSN: cornflakejustice Tentative, if people want to play it. Message the host about it or be ready for it to not happen. (No timey, no bloggy. -Trev)
I recently re-purchased Resistance 2. Thinking about hopping back into the grind of things in that game, if the servers aren't closed.
Would anyone like to join me in Resistance before I host a session...?
Dang Cornflake, that's a lot of games to host in 1 night.
Nah it just means everything'll run a little late from time to time as we transition, but it also means I actually get to play the games I want to play because there's been overlaps the last few weeks of games I would have liked to play but couldn't.