Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Community Chat for March 2013

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]

Community Chat for March 2013

Would like to gather some ideas for the next chatty thing I put together and the cblogs are a wasteland of spam right now, plus it's more fun down here. Anyone have any ideas for topics? I will steal your idea, change the wording slightly and make it infinitely better. I got nothing at the moment, besides what fucking cunts people are to each other over the net, but that's been talked to death.

Well, the obvious thing would be the PS4, but I think it would be interesting to hear what people think on how Microsoft is going to counter with their new console since it's rumored that they'll have an event in April.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Would like to gather some ideas for the next chatty thing I put together and the cblogs are a wasteland of spam right now, plus it's more fun down here. Anyone have any ideas for topics? I will steal your idea, change the wording slightly and make it infinitely better. I got nothing at the moment, besides what fucking cunts people are to each other over the net, but that's been talked to death.
    Who are you kidding?

Seriously though: I guess you could tackle the whole used games good/bad thing, and possibly whether the next generation of consoles not playing used games would work. Or whether the next generation (PS4, Xbox whatever) will be worth buying/whether the improvements over this gen will be enough to interest people. Or DJ's thing.

Yeah the ps4 shit is already old to me. Maybe the Microsoft thing would be cool. Thanks guys (by guys I mean DJ, NOT FUCKING PANZA BAFOON)

THE MR.E BIRD
    Who would be the Pope of gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Who would be the Pope of gaming?
    Please... Everybody KNOWS it would be this guy.

Except instead of having to quit for fucking boys, he'd have to quit for fucking cake. Then eating it.

THE MR.E BIRD
    I said Pope of gaming. Jeez, read a book.

And the Catholic Pope isn't a child molester. He is a child molester enabler. READ A FUCKING BOOK.

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    Please... Everybody KNOWS it would be this guy.

See, you say that, but what would he actually bring to the role and how might him leaving Valve impact on them? You've just made a snap judgement with no real thought on the matter. Maybe we would be better off with somebody less well known but readier to talk shit about video games at any give time? Maybe we need a man who wants to scrape the worms out of Jonathan Holmeses anus?

EDIT @Birdy boy - It was joke, learn to understand them and as I Catholic, I'm offended you don't think our pope would fuck us. Fucking christians... GET FUCKED BY AN OLD RELIGIOUS MAN!

Sterling is NOT the fucking pope of gaming. I honestly don't know who would be. I'd pick someone like Ken Levine or Warren Spector (pre-Disney jizz fit), before I picked Newell. The man just made a good system for selling shit and spear headed a couple of good games. He's the Jobs of gaming, hype master and salesman.

EDIT @Birdy boy - It was joke, learn to understand them and as I Catholic, I'm offended you don't think our pope would fuck us. Fucking christians... GET FUCKED BY AN OLD RELIGIOUS MAN!

Sterling is NOT the fucking pope of gaming. I honestly don't know who would be. I'd pick someone like Ken Levine or Warren Spector (pre-Disney jizz fit), before I picked Newell. The man just made a good system for selling shit and spear headed a couple of good games. He's the Jobs of gaming, hype master and salesman.
    Agreed about Sterling. He would abuse the gaming Pope powers to no fucking end. However, the idea of a games journalist being the Pope sounds better than having a dev do it. They would get the whole consumer/actually PLAYING games side of things. Maybe someone like Ben Kuchera.

Hrmmmm, while I don't personally like Kuchera.... He might be a good choice.

THE MR.E BIRD
    WHAT A GOOD TOPIC LET'S ROLL OUT.

Phil, what exactly is this Community Chat thing? I was just responding to your actual question for a topic. Is it like a podcast or Cblog that you do every month?

THE MR.E BIRD
    I can't remember who was running the last such thing I took interest in, but I was asked if I wanted to debate something I did not give a flying fuck about. If I can take part in an argument about who the pope of gaming should be, something already nonsensical, that is something I could do.

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    Phil, what exactly is this Community Chat thing? I was just responding to your actual question for a topic. Is it like a podcast or Cblog that you do every month?
    Its a cblog I put together every couple months in honor of Mass Debate and since there is nothing like it anymore in the cblogs. Trying to foster more intelligent talk and getting people together.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Trying to foster more intelligent talk and -

YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY FLY MAN!

THE MR.E BIRD

YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY FLY MAN!
    But he can Penis, or so I've heard...