Thread: Quasitriangular says hello

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]

Quasitriangular says hello

Hi, I'm Tom. I have pretty varied interests in games, but my favorites are western rpgs, turn based strategy, and roguelikes. I used to do engine programming at a console developer and now I'm making indie games. I'm currently working on a roguelike with X-Com style combat and a setting that is a mashup of classic games. Kickstarter at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1209639165/enemy/. I live in Dallas right now but I'd like to go to the west coast. I have a PS3 but I do the vast majority of my gaming on PC. I'm currently playing ToME, and am pretty impressed, but I just started it. Looking forward to talking to everyone.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    Any hobbies not directly related with videogames? Something like favorite music or books.

Welcome to the forums, I hope that you aren't around just to advertise your Kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk200101 View Post
    Any hobbies not directly related with videogames? Something like favorite music or books.

Welcome to the forums, I hope that you aren't around just to advertise your Kickstarter.
    Nah I'm here to chat. I'm a pretty big reader. I like Russian literature and the modernists, especially Joyce and CÚline. Music-wise I like Marielle Jacobsons, Coil, and Stars of the Lid. Thanks for the welcome.

Admin / Midget King
    Welcome to the Forums! Good luck on the Kickstarter, looks neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    Welcome to the Forums! Good luck on the Kickstarter, looks neat.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Can't help but see "Strangler" in your username. The Dallas Strangler.

Welcome.

Check out the books thread for reading talks. Modernists are my favorite, too. Far as Joyce goes, still only at Portrait. Don't even want to try to read Ulysses. Not now, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    Can't help but see "Strangler" in your username. The Dallas Strangler.
    Ha ha, well I've certainly been tempted a few times. I guess Boston has their own strangler, but as far as I know other cities still have that position open.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    Welcome.

Check out the books thread for reading talks. Modernists are my favorite, too. Far as Joyce goes, still only at Portrait. Don't even want to try to read Ulysses. Not now, at least.
    I'm really glad you mentioned that thread. I might not have thought to look on my own. I just finished Swann's Way by Proust and I think that's the most I've ever struggled with a book in my entire life. I'm, ha ha, part way through Ulysses right now.