Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS3 FNF: Februay 15

[Level 6: Robot]

PS3 FNF: Februay 15

Welcome to the weekly Friday Night Fights planning thread. If you aren't familiar with Friday Night Fights, it's a Destructoid community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS3 FNF community blog and Destructoid front page on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just read the instructions below and drop your info.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev, Czar of the Friday Night Fights
    To play:
    • Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list here can change several times throughout the week.

• Leave a message here with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.

• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.

To host:
    • If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already. If there is anything else, like lobby names, DLC requirements, or passwords, note that as well.

• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.

• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.

• Check the comments, both here and on the blog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.

All times Eastern.

Game: Black Ops II
    Time: 10pm
    Host: CornflakeJustice
    PSN: CornflakeJustice
    We're going to play some party games to start off with and if we get sick of that we'll play some real games.

Game: Killzone 3
    Time: 11pm
    Host: Cadtalfryn
    PSN: Cadtalfryn
    BEER

Game: Anarchy Reigns
    Time: 12am (Midnight)
    BEER

Game: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
    Time: 1am
    BEER

Game:
    Time:
    Host:
    PSN:
    Last edited by CornflakeJustice; 02-13-2013 at 01:37 PM.

I'm not hosting or playing this week guys, enjoy the FNFs without me!

Although depending on how the night turns out, I might be on at 3 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by KymikoLoco View Post
    Although depending on how the night turns out, I might be on at 3 in the morning.
    That sounds like a euphemism for something... Hmmm...

I'll host Party Games on Black Ops II at 10pm.

PS3 FNF: Februay 15
    Black History Month has been disgraced.

[Level 5: Mech]
    JOIN uncle Kyle, or cadtalfryn if you're nasty, for some fun, you bastards. I await the insults so things can get awkward like last time.
    Killzone 3 @ 11, Anarchy Reighs @ midnight the football game only jackasses, Space Marine @ 1
    Also beer @ all the times
    Bum

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Won't be able to make it. Its my birthday (18th) weekend and I'm having people over so I can cook Japanese curry for them so they will bring me presents and cake. I might host something for saturday shootouts to make up for it.

Any european PS3 gamers around? I'm up for coop or multiplayer parties (except BO2; taking a short break from that).

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zul View Post
    Any european PS3 gamers around? I'm up for coop or multiplayer parties (except BO2; taking a short break from that).
    European here, well halfsies, but live in America. Also, hello Meatface. You remind me of a certain Nintendo of America president that I want to snack on.

I think new guys get that a lot.

I can't really play with you US residents due to the hour. 11pm will be 5am over here.

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    Even if I'm terrible at fighting games (and I'm not being humble, I really am, I can only get close to winning if I start to spam button smash shit), does anybody here want to play a game of PS All Stars?

I don't know what time most people are available at, so I guess the time can be people hitting me up on PSN to play?

My id is juani-arg.

Also, count me down for the Killzone game.

Hey Legion, it's much better if you set up a time in advance (though you can see if you can throw together some interest in the thread of course!) rather than asking people to message you. When you use the messaging system it can be hard to keep everything straight and you potentially have several people all messaging you without regard for the others so you end up being a middleman of sorts which makes it difficult to get everyone lined up. Generally speaking most games start after 6pm, usually we have someone putting a game together starting at around 8pm and then they go through till forever. The times we list are Eastern so it's wise to keep that in mind.

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    I really don't think so, I believe there is no point in setting up a specific hour if nobody else is going to be around to play the game with me.
    I am willing to check forums, blogs and PSN to see if there is someone interested, but in the end, if there is no-one else willing to play that game, even I won't be playing it at the set time.

Also you didn't put me down for the KZ3 match (which if last time I joined is anything to go by, it's just going to be me joining someone else in a match and feeling like I'm playing on my own).

I do realise I might sound a bit aggresive here, but that's totally not my intention, I'm just really disappointed about how all FNFs I've ever tried and join always end up

That said, I DO want to play games with you peeps, I love games and not only talking about them but also playing them.

Cornflake, I'll let you pick a time for me if you really want one, I'm seriously going to be online all night :P

How about this:

Put down a time.
    Start the game at that time.
    If no one joins in 10 mins, go play something else.

I don't know how many people that would message you on a Wednesday to say they want to play PS All Stars on a Friday. It sounds like setting up a doctors appointment.

If I had PS All stars on the PS3, I would probably play, but I only have it for the PSVita.

You are more than welcome to come play Black Ops 2 with me when I host Even if you don't like the CODverse, playing with people makes it a whole lot more enjoyable.

I haven't played kz3 in a while but I'll be all up in dat.

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    Quote Originally Posted by KymikoLoco View Post
    How about this:

Put down a time.
    Start the game at that time.
    If no one joins in 10 mins, go play something else.

I don't know how many people that would message you on a Wednesday to say they want to play PS All Stars on a Friday. It sounds like setting up a doctors appointment.

If I had PS All stars on the PS3, I would probably play, but I only have it for the PSVita.

You are more than welcome to come play Black Ops 2 with me when I host Even if you don't like the CODverse, playing with people makes it a whole lot more enjoyable.
    I always say I'm going to buy the next CoD when it gets announced and I never do, been like that since CoD4

And I didn't mean people should message me the other day so that we could set a time to play today. I was trying to say that people on friday should go on PSN (since I'm on all day, I'm on right now aswell) and say "Hey, wanna start a game?" and I'd be like "Yeah sure, why not?" and then we'd play and I'd be humilliated in front of other online players and we'd all be happy.

But yeah, I'm joining KZ3 fo sure and I'll wait and see if anybody even PS All Stars AND the desire to play it.

I wanna get All Stars but I keep holding out on it being free on PS+ or something. I might get it when the next set of DLC comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I always say I'm going to buy the next CoD when it gets announced and I never do, been like that since CoD4
    DO EEET. I play all the time, usually with 1 or 2 others, and we (usually) win lol.

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    Wait, isn't it cross play? You could join if you wanted to.

Also, I got both Vita and PS3 versions with mine, thought all copies of the game came with both games. Maybe it's different with physical copoes?

I didn't buy it yet. I want to see if it gets put on PlayStation Plus. I hate wasting money :P

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    Yeah sorry, I meant to quote Kymiko :P