Thread: GT459

GT459

Hey there all!

New to destructoid, but my partner uses it and hence my introduction.

Personally a big fan of Jim Sterling but thats by the by.

Gaming wise I own Xbox 360, PS3, PC, PSP, DS and others I can't remember. I am a very big fan of MMO's and an ever so slight PS Fanboy (don't hold that against me).

Oh and recently have started to fall in love with PC gaming over console, but its a slow transition so meh.

*dunno if you guys noticed but I am shit at intros

THE MR.E BIRD
    Yeah, we noticed! Should we know your partner on here?

It's actually kinda ok to be a PS Fanboy right now I'd think, because even though Sony have dropped so many balls they're pratically Jesus when stood next to Microsoft.

What do you like outside of gaming? What do you do for a living? Is it true that Bristol is exactly like Skins? What are your favourite games? Favourite MMO right now? Welcome!

Outside of gaming I dabble in creating games - new to the process so don't expect a breakthrough new indie title with my name on it any time soon

In regards to my partner - he's not so active on the forums, although does do the whole blogging thing: its TheCiderMan.

If you had asked me what my fave MMO was about 3 weeks ago I may have been able to answer, although I recently fell out of love with TSW and am currently seeking a replacement! DCUO and GW2 are tiding me over while I search.

Fave games, that's a surprisingly difficult topic. I play many games, across many platforms so I'll give a brief list of a few I'm fond of:

1) Any Final Fantasy (yes that includes FFXIII) - FFVIII comes first though
    2) Railroad Tycoon 3
    3) Any Total War - although Shogun 2 is possibly the best RTS ever made
    4) Dungeon Keeper
    5) Skies of Arcadia - on Gamecube if you've never played it grab it now
    6) Any of the Hitman Games - although Absolution is the dogs bollocks

Umm, yeh Bristols EXACTLY the same as Skins....only difference it doesn't get worse each year.
    Last edited by GT459; 02-10-2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: I'm a tard

Dungeon Keeper, huh? You excited for War for the Overworld?

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by GT459 View Post
    In regards to my partner - he's not so active on the forums, although does do the whole blogging thing: its TheCiderMan.
    Hah yeah he posted up an intro thread not too long after you did.

Umm, yeh Bristols EXACTLY the same as Skins....only difference it doesn't get worse each year.
    The detractors of that show are numerous, but I shall stand firm. It didn't get worse, it became less new and more people stopped watching it and started bitching about it in ignorance. I'm not specifically saying that's what you've done, just the impression I've got over time. A lot of people write it off on image alone, and in fairness a Channel 4 teen drama can only come off as terrible at a glance.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    WELCOME! I see you like Hitman and Dungeon Keeper. NOICE! Glad to have ya.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    FFVIII comes first though
    I love you.

Welcome to the 'toid.

TBH until googling it about 5 secs ago I had never heard of war for the overworld....now i feel stupid - it looks freaking awesome! hopefully they wont have borrowed too much from Overlord though - never was keen on that one

And Skins was bad in my opinion from series 3 onwards...it just stopped being believable - and also nick hoult and joe dempsie were no longer in it - therefore not much to keep my interest xD

Frodo Bangins
    Outside of gaming I dabble in creating games - new to the process so don't expect a breakthrough new indie title with my name on it any time soon

If you had asked me what my fave MMO was about 3 weeks ago I may have been able to answer, although I recently fell out of love with TSW and am currently seeking a replacement! DCUO and GW2 are tiding me over while I search.

Fave games, that's a surprisingly difficult topic. I play many games, across many platforms so I'll give a brief list of a few I'm fond of:

1) Any Final Fantasy (yes that includes FFXIII) - FFVIII comes first though
    2) Railroad Tycoon 3
    3) Any Total War - although Shogun 2 is possibly the best RTS ever made
    4) Dungeon Keeper
    5) Skies of Arcadia - on Gamecube if you've never played it grab it now
    6) Any of the Hitman Games - although Absolution is the dogs bollocks

Ah, Just saw him on the comics thread, Welcome!

thanks for the kind messages and you should check out TheCiderMan's blog - if for no other reason then me mentioning it here will make him all embarrassed and stuff...hours of fun for me xD

Quiet you!

*smokebomb*