Thread: Hey everyone

Hey everyone

so i just recently joined the forums... but for a different reason then most I think.

So I just recently joined an indie game studio as an intern aaand it seems our account was banned because I made a post saying that our indie studio was looking for new volunteer artists, I honestly had no idea this was against the rules and we never got any warnings, our account simply disappeared

I've sent an email to Support@destructoid.com but I haven't gotten any replies yet, is there any way to get the account back? I didn't know it was against the rules and of course I'll never do it again, heck I never intended to break any rules in the first place D:

can anyone help? Thank you in advance
    Last edited by stika; 02-09-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    I didn't know it was against the rules and of course I'll never do it again, heck I never intended to break any rules in the first place D:
    That's what they all say. Especially those who post in the cleary labeled Meet & Greet + Forum Rules thread.

Fifth Dimensional Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    That's what they all say. Especially those who post in the cleary labeled Meet & Greet + Forum Rules thread.
    He's talking about the cblogs. Andy should be following up with him via the email.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    What's a cblog?

Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post

but those are the forum rules, not the Destructoid rules

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    So, actually planning on attempting to contribute to the community a bit more? Are you going to edit in a proper introduction? Will our questions ever be answered?

Also, advertising is sort of frowned upon in the Destructoid community. Especially when your primary reason for joining the community is to advertise your company, game, etc.

Fifth Dimensional Admin
    Yup. Get to know us first, then we'll be interested in your projects. Got to put in the effort.

THE MR.E BIRD
    We have no reason to care for something being shilled by a stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk200101 View Post
    So, actually planning on attempting to contribute to the community a bit more? Are you going to edit in a proper introduction? Will our questions ever be answered?

Also, advertising is sort of frowned upon in the Destructoid community. Especially when your primary reason for joining the community is to advertise your company, game, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    Yup. Get to know us first, then we'll be interested in your projects. Got to put in the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    We have no reason to care for something being shilled by a stranger.
    Actually I don't plan on advertising on the forums themselves, that much I do know that it is against the rules, though luckily Andy has replied to me, stating that looks like the banning of the destructoid account was a mistake.

I didn't just create account and posted a blog saying "hey, buy our stuff nao"

heck, in the blog post in question weren't even trying to sell anything, we were looking for volunteer artists, the idea is we help newcomers create a first experience and will even teach them skills they may be lacking (which could range from ambient occlusion and lighting to Adobe, Maya, etc.) in exchange for 10 hours weekly

You may think asking for "volunteers" is a low move, but then again, it's not like any of us are paid for what we do, almost everyone here either has a second job or is looking for one in other to keep creating our game, the team has been working for over 5 years for a free to play single player game.

and in case you're wondering, no, there are no DLCs or cash shops, the game is completely free to play
    Last edited by stika; 02-09-2013 at 11:11 AM.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Hey guys, I have some open jobs for you all. Would like to come be artists for me? You can paint my junk and in exchange I'll not fart in your mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Hey guys, I have some open jobs for you all. Would like to come be artists for me? You can paint my junk and in exchange I'll not fart in your mouths.
    Well, what do you sugest we do?
    Last edited by stika; 02-09-2013 at 12:32 PM.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    Well, what do you sugest we do?
    Well, you won't have much to work with so..... maybe the turtle from finding nemo?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Well, you won't have much to work with so..... maybe the turtle from finding nemo?
    But then the fans who are expecting episode 5 will be disappointed