Forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 241

Thread: Witcher 3

  1. #1
    Konnery's Avatar
    556 posts since Jul 2012

    Witcher 3

    It's pretty much officially announced now!




    This topic is in honor of my boner.

  2. #2

    22,178 posts since Oct 2009
    DAY ONE PURCHASE RIGHT THERE

  3. #3

  4. #4
    This game will be awesome. The Witcher series are some of the best RPG games you'll find on PC.

  5. #5
    PappaDukes's Avatar
    13,591 posts since Mar 2007

    I really need to finish 1 and 2.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    I really need to finish 1 and 2.
    Yeah you do. One is old-school and can be a pain to play if you're not used to the Neverwinter Nights engine. 2 is amazing and anyone who likes RPGs should be able to enjoy it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Derocher View Post
    Yeah you do. One is old-school and can be a pain to play if you're not used to the Neverwinter Nights engine. 2 is amazing and anyone who likes RPGs should be able to enjoy it.
    It was a pretty heavily updated version of the Aurora engine, wasn't it? The only real difference it made between 1 & 2 was the combat, I reckon.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderwang View Post
    It was a pretty heavily updated version of the Aurora engine, wasn't it? The only real difference it made between 1 & 2 was the combat, I reckon.
    Is the combat in 2, better than click....wait....click....?

  9. #9
    Konnery's Avatar
    556 posts since Jul 2012

    the combat is the 2nd is more something akin to a 3rd person ARPG kinda thing like Fable and whatnot, except a little more "realistic". You have your magic, your attacks, and then you can have stuff like bombs.

  10. #10
    The combat in 2 is also more difficult. Be prepared to roll.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Konnery View Post
    the combat is the 2nd is more something akin to a 3rd person ARPG kinda thing like Fable and whatnot, except a little more "realistic". You have your magic, your attacks, and then you can have stuff like bombs.
    That sounds kind of like the first one actually. Is it more visceral? Combat in the first is cool looking.... but lacking IMO. Also, can I still pause?

  12. #12
    Can't wait but I hope they finish the game first. They have a pattern of putting it out and "improving" it for free when really all 2's additions make it feel finished.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    That sounds kind of like the first one actually. Is it more visceral? Combat in the first is cool looking.... but lacking IMO. Also, can I still pause?
    You can pause sort of. If I remember right it just slows things down a lot when you look at your inventory.
    It has the same elements of the first game, but the way you play it is very different. It's an action RPG. Lot's of dodging and running around so you don't die.

  14. #14
    I need to pick the first one back up. I stopped playing just after the arsehole devil-dog fight, when Geralt is in prison. I didn't really like the whole "Oh monster killer man you can be free if you kill this monster thanks" thing.

    It gets better, right?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Derocher View Post
    You can pause sort of. If I remember right it just slows things down a lot when you look at your inventory.
    It has the same elements of the first game, but the way you play it is very different. It's an action RPG. Lot's of dodging and running around so you don't die.

    Sounds baller. Can't wait to get to it.

  16. #16
    But is Geralt going to lose his memory at the beginning of this game, too? That's getting old.

  17. #17
    Beards protect you from memory loss. I think not.

  18. #18
    If only he'd grown a precautionary beard all that time ago...

  19. #19
    Konnery's Avatar
    556 posts since Jul 2012

    What beards do not protect you from is the ladies.

    I imagine his sexploits will be even breastier.

  20. #20
    Seriously, when has anyone bearded had memory loss in video game history?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Change forum colors & width:
Try a new theme: