Page 4 of 1000 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bar: Part 3

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    If you could get rid of any state, what would it be?
    Catatonic. People should never have to be in comas.

Still responds to BLOO
    http://www.soundboard.com/sb/theELPRESADOR

Our prayers have been answered N7

Pwnd
    Serious question. How is it that we've had to nuke the Bar twice now, yet seven hundred pages of Youtube embeds in the Listening thread isn't causing a problem? Not sure how that works.

Still responds to BLOO

Someone beat N7's record of quickest friend zone achieved.

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Serious question. How is it that we've had to nuke the Bar twice now, yet seven hundred pages of Youtube embeds in the Listening thread isn't causing a problem? Not sure how that works.
    The way it was explained to me is it has to do with the amount of pages/posts in one thread, not the type of content. A post with a embedded video or image is just the bbcode tags + url after all, an all-text post longer than a sentence or two is actually more data. The browser just displays that code as a video or picture. For some reason though having a single thread that goes on for too long causes the server to freak out, because over time the disk space it takes up is too much to serve to every single visitor. So we hide them away once they get too big to keep the server from dragging. The guideline we were given was to hide them once they hit 1000 pages. I let The Bar 2 go a little longer than that just to see what the actual limit was.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    The way it was explained to is it has to do with the amount of pages/posts in one thread, not the type of content. A post with a embedded video or image is just the bbcode tags + url after all, an all-text post longer than a sentence or two is actually more data. The browser just displays that code as a video or picture. For some reason though having a single thread that goes on for too long causes the server to freak out, because over time the disk space it takes up is too much to serve to every single visitor. So we hide them away once they get too big to keep the server from dragging. The guideline we were given was to hide them once they hit 1000 pages. I let The Bar 2 go a little longer than that just to see what the actual limit was.
    Ok, that makes sense. I was having trouble getting that thread to load but it pops right up now that I've reinstalled Chrome. I think it had to do with a botched extension, kept getting messages about shockwave flash (and related crashes).

Plus I kind of like the idea of resetting the Bar every once in a while. I'm sure I had a ton of stuff in the older ones that I wouldn't want anybody looking at now. :P

Don't worry, we have it hidden in the attic so we still know all your dirty little secrets.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Eclipse View Post
    Don't worry, we have it hidden in the attic so we still know all your dirty little secrets.
    S'ok. I was lying about most of them anyway.

...or was I?

dum dum duuuuuuuuuuuum

THE MR.E BIRD
    Morning Bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Strid View Post
    Definitely and it'll be Microsoft Store only.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobspoon View Post
    Yeh, halo 3 that only works on windows 8. It's not as if Microsoft have tried a similar move before only to have it fail miserably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Well, Revelations is already confirmed to have an overpriced PC port (because Capcom knows just the right way to fuck up a good thing), so I imagine that some of these games are in fact planned releases.

I'd be really surprised to see a Halo 3 PC port though.
    Halo Trilogy on Steam is something I'd buy because I am terrible, but it does seem unlikely. I found out about it when somebody linked me to the Halo 3 community page which had quickly become the focus of a whole load of /v/ shenanigans or something.

Yeah, even the first game would be fun to play again on PC.

Halo 1 online co-op on Steam is all I ask.

Halo 1 HD (but otherwise unchanged) multiplayer is all I oh wait they already fucked that up.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Ok, that makes sense. I was having trouble getting that thread to load but it pops right up now that I've reinstalled Chrome. I think it had to do with a botched extension, kept getting messages about shockwave flash (and related crashes).

Plus I kind of like the idea of resetting the Bar every once in a while. I'm sure I had a ton of stuff in the older ones that I wouldn't want anybody looking at now. :P
    I know it's a regular thing on BB.com to do this to... I guess once they get so big they start to pull at DB too much and can bog down the entire forum.

And BLOO that is the best fucking thing ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol: http://telly.com/1IWMHJ

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    Halo 1 online co-op on Steam is all I ask.
    I think the luckiest you could get is just the original program through Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Halo 1 HD (but otherwise unchanged) multiplayer is all I oh wait they already fucked that up.
    That's Halo under 343 for ya!

I could see those being released on PC being their Halo release for 2013 or something, though it would be expected only on Windows 8 marketplace.

Chrome keeps flagging dtoid for malware... Sent a screen cap into the tips email.

THE MR.E BIRD
    It's doing it for a lot of sites apparently.

Steamtoider broke Forza.

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    Chrome keeps flagging dtoid for malware... Sent a screen cap into the tips email.
    You do anything for game last night?

went to a broads place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    It's doing it for a lot of sites apparently.

Steamtoider broke Forza.
    What?